Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair pulled out of Granada

Ryanair pulled out of Granada

Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about
Default Ryanair pulled out of Granada

Rather surprised to see that this news hasn't been mentioned on this forum!

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_25310.shtml
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair pulled out of Granada

Maybe but loads of new services from Ryanair out of Alicante.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about

Oh, well that's alright then. Obviously nobody on here flies to/from Granada.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:46 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Casita
Not had chance to have a moan yet but here goes:-

We had our flights cancelled yesterday afternoon Granada to Stansted - on telephoning Ryanair they offered to refund or reschedule. We had no option but to take a flight from Malaga instead. We have a hotel and 2 other flights booked on the back of this flight.

Only used them once before but this is the last time - back to BA - a little bit more expensive but when you have 3 flights involved if there is a problem they put you up.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

hi CLR,
haven't quite worked out how to send a p.m.
I remember reading your posts and thinking, Wow, fancy making that much effort to get to Spain from your home! I salute you!

Please p.m. me, looks like we are the only 2 on this forum to fly to Granada, we can swap woes!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:06 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

hi CLR,
haven't quite worked out how to send a p.m.
I remember reading your posts and thinking, Wow, fancy making that much effort to get to Spain from your home! I salute you!

Please p.m. me, looks like we are the only 2 on this forum to fly to Granada, we can swap woes!
Yes just pm'd you. After the weather we get here its a pleasure to do the 3 flights. Lucky if we get into 20 degrees here (in fact quite shocked when we do) we always have a wind to chill down as well.

I think the Ryanair bit has been done out here on other threads. But we'll see who comes along.

Sods law the 1st time we have ever booked from Granada!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

I've flown several times Granada - East Mids & return

Now I'm out here permanently, I don't go back so much, so don't know much about the flights etc. It turns out that where we once had a choice of 3 airlines - ryanair, bmi-baby and e.j. now there's only the one choice- bmi-baby

Just glad I don't need to fly so frequently any more

Last edited by lunacrout; Mar 5th 2010 at 10:44 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

It's always good to have a choice, but it seems that choice is rapidly shrinking.
Malaga now sems to be the main hub in our neck of the woods, but it seems so wrong, much more traffic, both air and road, when there is a perfectly good airport at Granada.

Not sure who is to blame for this, but I err on the blame of Ryanair.

They are forever starting new routes, there are loads to Poland etc now from the U.K., and these latest new routes to Greece aren't even from the U.K., Someone, somewhere, is paying out huge sums of money for these new destinations, but I certainly wouldn't count on them lasting.

Shame, as I have never, ever had a bad experience with them.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

I used Granada but knew it was on the cards for a while it would not last.
Ryanair is cheap because of the subsidies it gets, when they have gone there's no profit.
I think the subsidies where based on the commercial interest for the region now that bubble has burst there is no profit for the region either.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

dawnp is an unknown quantity at this point

We too have had email to cancel our flights from Granada in June

"The company says that 28 weekly flights will be lost, along with 400 jobs and the 400,000 passengers carried through Granada by the airline will have to travel from elsewhere."

A nuisance going to and from Malaga, timings of flights from there don't fit too well, especially as we wont even get to use the new terminal there!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dawnp
We too have had email to cancel our flights from Granada in June

"The company says that 28 weekly flights will be lost, along with 400 jobs and the 400,000 passengers carried through Granada by the airline will have to travel from elsewhere."

A nuisance going to and from Malaga, timings of flights from there don't fit too well, especially as we wont even get to use the new terminal there!
You have to drive through the new terminal to get to the cheapo one.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

zimblast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
You have to drive through the new terminal to get to the cheapo one.
HI All
New to this forum, but been reading for some time. We use Ryanaire (or used to), Liverpool - Granada about 6 times a year. Had 3 flights cancelled last week, re-booked for Malaga, Ryanair customer services could not have been more helpful and efficient. However would still prefer Granada it's slightly nearer to our holiday home, although Malaga is only 45 mins on motorway, good job we checked avialable airports before we bought back in 2006
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Val001 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just bought a cortijo between Albuñol and La Rabita in the Costa Tropical region. Don't really like Ryanair but Granada would have been a possibility. Currently using Easyjet or Monarch to Malaga as Luton our nearest airport here. Would go to Almeria but means a drive halfway round the M25 to Gatwick early in the morning which not appealing So its a 2 hour drive from Malaga but roads really good and not crowded once you clear Malaga area. Driving in Spain so much less stressful so don't really mind and early morning flights mean we are there early afternoon.

Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Val001
Driving in Spain so much less stressful
That's an all encompassing statement. Is driving in Madrid less stressful than rural Scotland? Surely it depends which part of Spain and which part of UK? Personally I think the Spanish must rate as some of the world's worst drivers.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Val001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by agoreira
That's an all encompassing statement. Is driving in Madrid less stressful than rural Scotland? Surely it depends which part of Spain and which part of UK? Personally I think the Spanish must rate as some of the world's worst drivers.
I had already said where I was driving in Spain so my comment was obviously aimed at that not the whole country. The UK is far too crowded on the roads IMO and where I drive in Spain is refreshingly pleasant by comparison.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.