Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Priority Scam

Ryanair Priority Scam

Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ryanair Priority Scam

Originally Posted by evilroyslade View Post
The Caxton card - don't you have to load it with Euros, so could end up costing more than the credit card fees you have avoided? If you could load it with £sterling and there is no fee, that would be worthwhile as the card I use (ICE) charges 2% to load it.
No.

I've got the Caxton (Global Traveller))card. I load it with pounds at no fee, using my UK debit card, and spend pounds on ryannair with no fee. I think there might have been an initial fee, but not much.

I must admit i have not used it for any foreign transactions as the Halifax clarity reward credit card is better exchange rate, and gives you a fiver when you spend over £300 in a month.

In fact the clarity card is best for cash withdrawals as well 'cos it only charges 1% a month. You can even avoid that if you pay off the bill early and not wait for the statement.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinzia View Post
I travel with Ryanair frequently and travel priority all the time, i agree there are no seats when you are in the priority queue but why not do what i do i use my suitcase as a seat!
Well, I didn`t even think Cryanair would make you bring your own bloody seat.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:35 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Just going thru my bank statement and because I made a booking with Easyjet in Euros to fly back from Malaga Lloyds TSB have charged me £1.00 for an "Overseas Transaction"

Every one is getting into these charges ! !
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:38 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Well, I didn`t even think Cryanair would make you bring your own bloody seat.
don't give that nice man O'Leary any more ideas - he will have us cleaning the plane before we get off next ......OOPPS
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

When I book Ryanair to fly from Seville to the UK I use my La Caixa debit card and don´t get charged a fee.

With regard to the disabled passengers our friend was coming back last week and the plane was sitting on the tarmac for 40 minutes waiting for a disabled passenger. Unheard of. I have also seen "disabled" passengers who are wheeled on in a wheelchair and then when the other side get up and walk off. Disgusting.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mama_Carol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir View Post
When I book Ryanair to fly from Seville to the UK I use my La Caixa debit card and don´t get charged a fee.

With regard to the disabled passengers our friend was coming back last week and the plane was sitting on the tarmac for 40 minutes waiting for a disabled passenger. Unheard of. I have also seen "disabled" passengers who are wheeled on in a wheelchair and then when the other side get up and walk off. Disgusting.
Don't judge them so harshly, Not everyone who boards in a wheelchair is completely unable to walk.

I can walk short distances with my walker. I am not allowed to take that into the cabin of the aircraft so I have to get around the airport and onto the plane by chair. When I get off, assuming there is an air bridge, I can walk the short distance to where the wheelchair is waiting.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mama_Carol View Post
Don't judge them so harshly, Not everyone who boards in a wheelchair is completely unable to walk.

I can walk short distances with my walker. I am not allowed to take that into the cabin of the aircraft so I have to get around the airport and onto the plane by chair. When I get off, assuming there is an air bridge, I can walk the short distance to where the wheelchair is waiting.
Perhaps I am a sceptical bugger! The woman certainly didn´t look like she had a problem. Especially as they got so many people to move around the plane so she could get the seat she wanted.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen View Post
Not so. if you think standing in a queue for 2 hours just to get near the front of the queue is worth it good for you. I always pay priority booking with Ryanair so I can arrive as late as possible in the departure lounge and then get on first.

However I would pay anything to fly with any another carrier than Ryanair but like a previous poster I fly to Valencia and is not possible unless I drive many hours to get to Gatwick.
Would not want to fly with RA out of choice, still I would not pay for priority boarding, once it was a bus to the plane, all the priority got on the bus first. The last on the bus got off the bus first, so the 'free loaders' non payers got to walk up the steps first.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominosafety View Post
don't give that nice man O'Leary any more ideas - he will have us cleaning the plane before we get off next ......OOPPS
They already expect you to clean the toilet before you sit down... Oh no, that's the blokes who don't bother putting the seat up...and the women who squat and splash! Sometimes the toilets smell so bad it makes you retch.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:00 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

I usually travel alone, and ryanair do the job perfectly for me. i can understand theyre not suitable for everyone. But for a quick weekend break back to the UK, especially in the winter, i've had some bargains in the past. Theyve also allowed my friends and family to come out and see me for next to nothing too, giving them a bit of time in the sun.

Most importantly though, they have yet *fingers crossed, god forbid etc* binned any of their aircraft. Impecible safety record they have.

Ive been stung a few times, but my own fault in a way. £60 for 3kg overweight luggage. and had some problems taking a bicycle with them which ended up expensive. £50 for a bike bag £40 for the bicycle, £35 for the accessories that go with the bicycle as only the bicycle can go in the bike bag.. grrr.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

cinzia is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing wrong with Ryanair in my opinion, you have a choice if you want to travel priority or not, scam or not its up to you, would you be better off without Ryanair? i certainly wouldnt!!