Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are Ryanair planning on leaving Granada Airport?

Are Ryanair planning on leaving Granada Airport?

Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Dibble is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Are Ryanair planning on leaving Granada Airport?

Does any body know anything factual about Ryanair coming out of Granada Airport?

We have had a report in a local magazine that they are thinking about it?

Anybody know anything?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:47 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Are Ryanair planning on leaving Granada Airport?

Yes and no , that are going to be cut 10% off the flights this winter , there saving money on the fuel cost by grounding this flights crew
where you see 3- 4 flight aweek you see this been cut back 2 flights and think East midlands and liverpool will be drop. but its ryanair you would know what that do there

jurdy
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:27 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I spoke with my contact at Ryan Airways Yesterday Mr Lunchtimeobooze and this is what he had to say..The low-cost airline Irish Ryanair, will continue to operate the line between Granada and London, although, as indicated yesterday by the Human Resources and director of flight operations, Eddie Wilson, the company prepares a reduction of its fleet of aircraft, so it is anticipated that there will not be enough aircraft for all operations and the route connecting the city with the capital London, could be one of those affected by this measure.

In statements to the media in Madrid during the presentation of its results for year 2007, Wilson indicated that the Grenada-London "has very good results" and is important for the 'low cost' and therefore, by far, among their plans is the continuity of the same.

For his part, chairman of the Provincial Council of Granada, Antonio Martínez Caler, said yesterday that the airline "has made an offer on the table" to discuss the maintenance of the line, while noting that his tenure "can have a additional cost. " Martinez Caler yesterday attributed the possible cancellation of the flight from London to the "uncertainty" generated by the decision of the council's capital abandon 'unilaterally' support for the promotion of destinations Ryanair flights.

Despite what was said yesterday by the company, Antonio Martínez Caler continued with his criticism of the municipality of Granada and assured that the removal of the line London-Granada by Ryanair is a reality. "A fortnight ago the company called me to tell me that deleted. I tried by all means not doing so and I have on the table an offer by which we could save the flight. With an additional cost, of course. "

Caler cree that since the arrival of low cost flights there is a possibility that we did not have before: travelling in Europe. He hoped that everyone will join the bid, "including the town hall. We have 30% of the floor, hopefully the rest totaling among others are willing to give the 'yes'. For the detractors-ending, I wish they were brave. To say publicly that they are not supporters and we leave. The county council would appreciate it by 30%.

Benefits

According to data presented yesterday, Ryanair closed its last fiscal year, between March 31, 2007 and March 31, 2008, with a net profit of 390.7 million attributed euros, representing a fall of 10, 3 percent compared to precedent, mainly prompted by the extraordinary costs of their enhanced participation in Aer Lingus, up to 29.2 percent.

In addition, the airline had to cope with increases in airport charges during the winter, mainly at airports from London-Stansted and Dublin.

My own reading into the matter is that flights will stop altogether until there is a reduction and stability in the oil price and Ryanair in the meantime will service its main arterial routes like my lager airport etc
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Dibble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I spoke with my contact at Ryan Airways Yesterday Mr Lunchtimeobooze and this is what he had to say..The low-cost airline Irish Ryanair, will continue to operate the line between Granada and London, although, as indicated yesterday by the Human Resources and director of flight operations, Eddie Wilson, the company prepares a reduction of its fleet of aircraft, so it is anticipated that there will not be enough aircraft for all operations and the route connecting the city with the capital London, could be one of those affected by this measure.

In statements to the media in Madrid during the presentation of its results for year 2007, Wilson indicated that the Grenada-London "has very good results" and is important for the 'low cost' and therefore, by far, among their plans is the continuity of the same.

For his part, chairman of the Provincial Council of Granada, Antonio Martínez Caler, said yesterday that the airline "has made an offer on the table" to discuss the maintenance of the line, while noting that his tenure "can have a additional cost. " Martinez Caler yesterday attributed the possible cancellation of the flight from London to the "uncertainty" generated by the decision of the council's capital abandon 'unilaterally' support for the promotion of destinations Ryanair flights.

Despite what was said yesterday by the company, Antonio Martínez Caler continued with his criticism of the municipality of Granada and assured that the removal of the line London-Granada by Ryanair is a reality. "A fortnight ago the company called me to tell me that deleted. I tried by all means not doing so and I have on the table an offer by which we could save the flight. With an additional cost, of course. "

Caler cree that since the arrival of low cost flights there is a possibility that we did not have before: travelling in Europe. He hoped that everyone will join the bid, "including the town hall. We have 30% of the floor, hopefully the rest totaling among others are willing to give the 'yes'. For the detractors-ending, I wish they were brave. To say publicly that they are not supporters and we leave. The county council would appreciate it by 30%.

Benefits

According to data presented yesterday, Ryanair closed its last fiscal year, between March 31, 2007 and March 31, 2008, with a net profit of 390.7 million attributed euros, representing a fall of 10, 3 percent compared to precedent, mainly prompted by the extraordinary costs of their enhanced participation in Aer Lingus, up to 29.2 percent.

In addition, the airline had to cope with increases in airport charges during the winter, mainly at airports from London-Stansted and Dublin.

My own reading into the matter is that flights will stop altogether until there is a reduction and stability in the oil price and Ryanair in the meantime will service its main arterial routes like my lager airport etc
Thanks for that, maybe this will keep the rumourmongers quiet!