Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair to offer all seats free! pmsl

Ryanair to offer all seats free! pmsl

Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair to offer all seats free! pmsl

This is a short excert from a Guardian article on March 18th

Last month, the airline was forced to declare the taxes and charges in its advertised rates following pressure from the Office of Fair Trading. The consumer magazine Holiday Which? said Ryanair was the worst airline when it came to its hidden charges - book a free flight (actually, it charges a nominal 1p) from London to Oslo, say, and if you don't watch it, you can be charged £5.77 for travel insurance, £3 for priority boarding, £21 to check two bags in at the airport and a credit card charge. Then there is the inflight food and drink, car hire, hotels, financial services ... "The hope is that we would make money from those ancillaries," admits Baldwin.

O'Leary has said that it is his ambition to be able to offer all of Ryanair's seats free one day, with all the money coming from the add-ons. Cost to the environment isn't included.

Whats he gonna do when he offers all his seats free of charge and nobody wants all the add-ons
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:31 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair to offer all seats free! pmsl

Just goes to show, there's no such thing as a free lunch!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:49 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I want to know where are we going to put all that carry on luggage, there is not enough overhead locker space for one bag per each person
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:13 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I can understand the restrictions on hand luggage, to the one bag and a given weight. As you say, there is limited space.

What drives me insane is the fact that you can't share weights within a family.

It is stupid that my allowance is separate from my wife's.

Mind you, I make it a point of pride to maximise what I take out! If I have ten kilos hand luggage allowed, then I'm going to damn well have it!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:25 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bil
Well, I can understand the restrictions on hand luggage, to the one bag and a given weight. As you say, there is limited space.

Mind you, I make it a point of pride to maximise what I take out! If I have ten kilos hand luggage allowed, then I'm going to damn well have it!

Not so bothered about not sharing luggage weight, I just stuff what comes to hand first, into any bag, but like you I like to get my money's worth

We have always been lucky, once when there were 8 of us two kids included in the party, the check in staff was brilliant and allowed us to share weight allowance, but she did say "don't do it again". I mean if you are over weight in one bag and not another then you just swap it about about.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:48 am
bil
Banned

I also really don't want to see the weight allowance reduced. I preferred the 20 kilo allowance. The problem is that the damn case weighs so much!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil

I've never had my hand luggage wieghed though, and i've gone through way over the limit
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

There is no less space than there was before the stupid restrictions which were bought in only by BAA due to alleged terrorism and then the carriers made there own rules up.

All the people who have moaned about ryanair, they have just made it harder for the people who accepted the situation before. It is much harder now to search a flight than it used to be.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cajam31
I've never had my hand luggage wieghed though, and i've gone through way over the limit
Same with me, I try to always say I have no hand luggage, then walk off iwth my bag, ha ha, they are getting wiser to it as im sure Ryanair staff get a commision for there less than laid back approach to hand luggage these day's
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:52 am
bil
Banned

I have had my hand luggage weighed a couple of times now. I get a couple of kilos extra on by wearing a jacket with big pockets and packing dense, heavy items in that.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
I have had my hand luggage weighed a couple of times now. I get a couple of kilos extra on by wearing a jacket with big pockets and packing dense, heavy items in that.
if you do the online checkin now I fail to see how they can weigh it, usually you just go through security and that is it, unless they are startign to be pedantic about it now aswell
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:56 am
bil
Banned

You got it in one. They have a set of bathroom scales at the beginning of security. I have seen people sent back to check in.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
You got it in one. They have a set of bathroom scales at the beginning of security. I have seen people sent back to check in.
what airport ?? , name and shame !!

I feel sorry for a woman the other day in T5, she had to throw all her luggage away as she desperatley needed this flight, then she had to chuck £160 worth of cosmetics away aswell, then she got through and they cancelled her flight, how awful is that.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
But dont different airlines have different limits for hand luggage?
How can they do it at security if someairlines allow 5 and others allow10? Or am i wrong and they are all the same.......
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cajam31
But dont different airlines have different limits for hand luggage?
How can they do it at security if someairlines allow 5 and others allow10? Or am i wrong and they are all the same.......
Your correct, that is what I was implying in a earlier post, some dont have any limits, The restrictions is now airline based, having been bought in by Dept of transport originally. It was only the Big 3 then it expanded and Ryanair and others took advantage of it, even though they were totally against it from the start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.