Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair new web Site Easyjet style

Ryanair new web Site Easyjet style

Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair new web Site Easyjet style

Ok

I have done this once and im 100% sure I never dreamed it. I cant for the life of me get it to work again :curse:.

The old site bought up all flights in whatever period you entered to save you going next day / prev day etc.

The new site came in without that feature but I remember hitting a button that said something like "can travel other days" this then bought up the old system but in Easyjet style where its in calender style blocks with the prices all included and you just selected what you wanted. Has this feature now been reversed, does anybody here know what I am on about and have seen it, Sometimes I do dream things but Im 100% sure this happened.

Anybody know the correct link to bring this up ?

andy
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ryanair new web Site Easyjet style

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Ok

I have done this once and im 100% sure I never dreamed it. I cant for the life of me get it to work again :curse:.

The old site bought up all flights in whatever period you entered to save you going next day / prev day etc.

The new site came in without that feature but I remember hitting a button that said something like "can travel other days" this then bought up the old system but in Easyjet style where its in calender style blocks with the prices all included and you just selected what you wanted. Has this feature now been reversed, does anybody here know what I am on about and have seen it, Sometimes I do dream things but Im 100% sure this happened.

Anybody know the correct link to bring this up ?

andy
The old ryanair site used to have a little tab right at the top that said find cheapest flight. This has now gone.

Like you I came across the "other days" box but could not get it again the only way I found it was to proceed as normal but before booking use my back button to check details on an earlier screen and low and behold there it was middle screen to the left hand side.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair new web Site Easyjet style

Originally Posted by John & Kath
The old ryanair site used to have a little tab right at the top that said find cheapest flight. This has now gone.

Like you I came across the "other days" box but could not get it again the only way I found it was to proceed as normal but before booking use my back button to check details on an earlier screen and low and behold there it was middle screen to the left hand side.
ok ill give that a try, in tehre own FAQ page it says click on the "lowest fares link" however there is no lowest fares link, Im tempted to phone them but to get through to the right person could be a afternoons work, lol
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

my goodness!!!just looked on there, 26 euros for 1 bag and airport check in and 8 euros for priority boarding? i'm sure it wasnt that dear before!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ok ill give that a try, in there own FAQ page it says click on the "lowest fares link" however there is no lowest fares link, Im tempted to phone them but to get through to the right person could be a afternoons work, lol
I done a google search and this forum with my question was the first page that came up, OK, I have done another and It came to me the exact wording Ryanair used "My dates are flexible" so it looks like they have took it back down because of the Abta / OFT are not happy with them as they have not complied with the ruling regarding showing the fares including tax. However Ryanair have responded by saying they have complied but obviously they haven't.

I mean for a company this big, to go through this whole re-launch saga and still not be right is ridiculous, surely thay have the proper legal team and web design people in place.

I worked for a dodgy car hire company once and we had a similar situation, but FFS it was a tin pot company of chancers, Ryanair is a huge company and words fail me to describe their shambolic moneygrabbing operations

Last edited by andyrich666; Mar 11th 2008 at 1:11 pm. Reason: dodgy spanish keyboard
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:08 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

I mean for a company this big, to go through this whole re-launch saga and still not be right is ridiculous, surely thay have the proper legal team and web design people in place.
Not to mention that when they put the system in, they took their entire booking system down for over 3 days. Meaning the company was CLOSED to new business. (As you couldnt book on the phone either). Then when it came back up with the 1p fares, the site was so slow it wasnt useable. Now theres problems with finding flights on flexible dates.

I work in I.T myself, and closing the business down for 3 days to put a new system in is totally unacceptable. A company i worked for managed to change its entire back end mainframe onto a completely different system without a second of downtime. It was staged over a period of time. But i guess - like everything else, Ryanair did it on the cheap.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Not to mention that when they put the system in, they took their entire booking system down for over 3 days. Meaning the company was CLOSED to new business. (As you couldnt book on the phone either). Then when it came back up with the 1p fares, the site was so slow it wasnt useable. Now theres problems with finding flights on flexible dates.

I work in I.T myself, and closing the business down for 3 days to put a new system in is totally unacceptable. A company i worked for managed to change its entire back end mainframe onto a completely different system without a second of downtime. It was staged over a period of time. But i guess - like everything else, Ryanair did it on the cheap.
yeah, I know people who work like ryanair and you dont expect it from a company that big. I have changed people over to new systems and you just run them in the background do some checks and then overnight make it live, the whole sight is a total eyesore anyway, they concentrate on peddling all this bollox car hire hotels and all this other crap like trips and tours and saving on your electric, they do all this and then more crap when your on the plane, with these stupid lottery tickets and the like.

My last 2 flights with ryanair have ended in frustration, not only that but they have had some free money out of me last year when I couldnt commit to some trips, i get annoyed with the whole attitude now has changed, I used to be able to get away with lots of things, free priority boarding and no problems with extra luggage issues overweight hand luggagae etc, staff used to laugh at me when I bought 3 holdalls of fags on a plane per person, but now they are totally committed to robbing you at every opportunity.

I have always reccomended ryanair and flying with them has usually been a good experirnce even if you get thise horrible black seats like the back of police car's, not no more.

Last night if there site was working with the optional dates I would have probably booked 2 trips for April, but it was so frustrating I havent made any booking's, most of the time I book to suit me and many others probably do, so maybe they will notice a downslide in bookings maybe not, I know from reading other forums many have for the first time looked elsewhere.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

they do all this and then more crap when your on the plane, with these stupid lottery tickets and the like.
At some UK airports I've noticed that just before you get to the gate they will even try again to flog the yellow 'priority boarding' stickies... it's all about revenue generation over everything else.