Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair--It had to happen eventually!

Ryanair--It had to happen eventually!

Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair--It had to happen eventually!

Back in the UK now doh!! but this evening 5.10pm saw us at the Alicante gate to board Ryanair's flight to Doncaster. When we got there the usual melee of people stood ready to attack the gate!

This time however we were prepared! we had done the web check in so got ready to board at leisure before the throbbing mass. The girl on the gate calls web check in and priority boarders first and what happens?

Yup, almost the entire crowd surged forward!! for the first time I actually saw the number of the passengers with speedy boarding passes outnumber those who had the ordinary tickets! I would estimate two thirds of the plane had paid for priority boarding.

This begs the question, what scam is our Irish 'friend' going to invent to get more cash from us once everyone on a plane is paying for priority boarding?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair--It had to happen eventually!

Well mr o'Leary stated at Cheltenham on Thursday that if his horse won the Ryanair sponsored chase. That he would offer 1 million free flights from 17:00.

It finished second:curse:
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

We flew Ryan Air once, & only once. From Murcia to Luton & return, A few years ago.

Never ever again even if it had the cheapest flights around we would willingly pay more to get us from Alicante to Luton & return.

Wendy x

Last edited by Wendy Nesbeth; Mar 14th 2008 at 12:40 am.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Web Check in/hand luggage only is free now and you have to pay extra for airport check in/checked in luggage so that might explain the rise in passengers doing web check in.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Yup, almost the entire crowd surged forward!! for the first time I actually saw the number of the passengers with speedy boarding passes outnumber those who had the ordinary tickets! I would estimate two thirds of the plane had paid for priority boarding

This begs the question, what scam is our Irish 'friend' going to invent to get more cash from us once everyone on a plane is paying for priority boarding?
To be honest squeezyjet etc. should just charge the difference to all and give passengers civilised boarding with pre allocated seats, the whole airport thing on cheap flights has turned into a cattle farm and brings out the ignorance 'cow' in people.

Last edited by Econ; Mar 17th 2008 at 9:26 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Back in the UK now doh!! but this evening 5.10pm saw us at the Alicante gate to board Ryanair's flight to Doncaster. When we got there the usual melee of people stood ready to attack the gate!

This time however we were prepared! we had done the web check in so got ready to board at leisure before the throbbing mass. The girl on the gate calls web check in and priority boarders first and what happens?

Yup, almost the entire crowd surged forward!! for the first time I actually saw the number of the passengers with speedy boarding passes outnumber those who had the ordinary tickets! I would estimate two thirds of the plane had paid for priority boarding.

we booked some ryanair tickets last night and decided to pay for one suitcase only as we are off for just 5 days, so my OH got free priority boarding for having no bag. I then paid the extra £6 for priority... and i now see that was pointless then!! :curse:

according to the website only up to 60 passengers can have priority boarding... :curse:

we HATE ryanair and only booked cause it was 0,1p per person per way, i knew they would be scandalous taxes added on.... anyway we ended up paying £68 for the 2 of us.... talk about missleading!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:30 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno if I would call it misleading. After all, Ryan doesn't pocket the taxes.

I'm looking forward to the priority plus category, followed by the super priority plus, and so on.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

cafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bil
I dunno if I would call it misleading. After all, Ryan doesn't pocket the taxes.

I'm looking forward to the priority plus category, followed by the super priority plus, and so on.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Toilet charges and bog roll in a € a bit dispenser, it will be never ending. lol
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:15 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Ain't nuthin' but the truth!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:59 am
Just Joined

couchpotato has a brilliant futurecouchpotato has a brilliant futurecouchpotato has a brilliant futurecouchpotato has a brilliant futurecouchpotato has a brilliant futurecouchpotato has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by featherbum
we booked some ryanair tickets last night and decided to pay for one suitcase only as we are off for just 5 days, so my OH got free priority boarding for having no bag. I then paid the extra £6 for priority... and i now see that was pointless then!! :curse:

according to the website only up to 60 passengers can have priority boarding... :curse:

we HATE ryanair and only booked cause it was 0,1p per person per way, i knew they would be scandalous taxes added on.... anyway we ended up paying £68 for the 2 of us.... talk about missleading!!!!!
yes I know its really sh*t , the flights are packed, it's a bun fight every time you get on and off but lets be serious. If you are paying just £68 for 2 to Spain (one way I preume or was it return) then what can you reasonably expect.
You just have to accept its a bus service only, but it is still a lot lot cheaper then any transport cost within the UK. A return rail trip to Lonodn from home (60 mile round trip) would set me back at least £35 and I dont even get to sit down and up against a smelly armpit. Get Real.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:57 pm
bil
Banned

To be honest, that's a pretty fair summary IMO.

Cheap flights to Spain can't be luxurious flights to Spain. We are basically travelling steerage, after all.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by couchpotato
yes I know its really sh*t , the flights are packed, it's a bun fight every time you get on and off but lets be serious. If you are paying just £68 for 2 to Spain (one way I preume or was it return) then what can you reasonably expect.
You just have to accept its a bus service only, but it is still a lot lot cheaper then any transport cost within the UK. A return rail trip to Lonodn from home (60 mile round trip) would set me back at least £35 and I dont even get to sit down and up against a smelly armpit. Get Real.

i know i know, its quite cheap. i just HATE ryanair!! last time we flew with them we swore never again... but hey i just cant resist a bargain!
i knew there would be taxes etc added, what annoyed me was the £18 for the bag and the check in... it would pi$$ me off less if you didnt find this out the second you get to the paying page... thats what i meant by missleading!

£35 for return to london in the stinking train is a bargain compared to the £90 return my OH has to pay when he has to go to his head office in London! now, that IS shocking!!! £90 for a 1hr journey standing up by the bog!! :curse:
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:07 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by featherbum
i know i know, its quite cheap. i just HATE ryanair!! last time we flew with them we swore never again... but hey i just cant resist a bargain!
i knew there would be taxes etc added, what annoyed me was the £18 for the bag and the check in... it would pi$$ me off less if you didnt find this out the second you get to the paying page... thats what i meant by missleading!

£35 for return to london in the stinking train is a bargain compared to the £90 return my OH has to pay when he has to go to his head office in London! now, that IS shocking!!! £90 for a 1hr journey standing up by the bog!! :curse:
Hate ryanair too! Then they shove you all up the back to "balance the plane"!!!! Like it's going to topple over if you leave a middle seat free.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochy
Hate ryanair too! Then they shove you all up the back to "balance the plane"!!!! Like it's going to topple over if you leave a middle seat free.
I prefer the back of the plane, Priority boarding wasted on me, as I always run to steps at the rear of the plane, colder rip off beer, nice bit of chit chat with the staff if they are fit, better landing and easy for the bog and a good laugh at every one who sits behind if they have cut the back seats off

However the foreign birds do confuse the retarded English when they say only seats after row 38 ( meaning rows 37 and before)

I find this hilarious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.