Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ryanair flights to jerez

ryanair flights to jerez

Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

mojod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ryanair flights to jerez

Does anyone know what's happened to the Ryanair early morning flights to Jerez from Stanstead , there used to be 2 daily flights on alternate days but for the last couple of weeks its down to 1 flight a day which is the afternoon flight....not sure whether Ryanair have temporarily 'stopped' the early flight in order to get everyone to book the later flight or if the early one has been stopped for good......
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ryanair flights to jerez

Originally Posted by mojod
Does anyone know what's happened to the Ryanair early morning flights to Jerez from Stanstead , there used to be 2 daily flights on alternate days but for the last couple of weeks its down to 1 flight a day which is the afternoon flight....not sure whether Ryanair have temporarily 'stopped' the early flight in order to get everyone to book the later flight or if the early one has been stopped for good......
Try phoning Ryanair or do they charge for info also now ? lol
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:24 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Well start with its Winter - so last year they dropped flights too; Add then the sloooow market, there are not the numbers coming across on buying expeditions.
There is an extra flight sometimes on Saturdays, but none on Wednesdays - all of which I have seen before. It may pick up in Summer, in which case the one cent fligts may come around again - there are not to many and the new system adds shed loads more tax than the old system - I just had a weekend away for 18-42 euros !!!
Dave
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

mojod is an unknown quantity at this point

You can telephone ryanair (have done this in the past...cost a small fortune)
have also sent their customer service manager an email...but Ryanair not renowned for their great customer service so not holding my breath there! About 4 weeks ago they did have these earlier flights showing then (wish I'd booked) but they just dissapeared cannot believe that they have all been sold as I have tried random dates over the summer months and in early april and they are still showing only the one flight...
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:33 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

There were advertised flights, but several people have told me that they actually did not run, they were cancelled and people had to use the evening flights.
Dave
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Vote with your bum, sit in a different airline seat, then perhaps they will shape up or ship out.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by mojod
Not only are they trying to fill the Jerez late flights first but at present trying to tempt you to seville rather than jerez .

Those who booked the early flights for july have not been moved yet so perhaps that tells us something .
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

We booked early flights out for July and when the change to afternoons came up a few weeks ago, we checked our bookings to find our flight had been moved to the afternoon.

Pretty sick about it as we have not been notified in an email as we should be, so no opportunity to change flight, which we would prefer to do. Assume that by going into the system we have somehow been flagged with a 'no need to contact'.....

Brother in law with morning flight booked for May has had email offering alternatives.

Friend going to our place in May did the same as us (despite my asking him not to!) and his flight has been changed too, again no email to notify.

Any suggestions out there as to how we can change our flight without paying for phone calls?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susique
We booked early flights out for July and when the change to afternoons came up a few weeks ago, we checked our bookings to find our flight had been moved to the afternoon.

Pretty sick about it as we have not been notified in an email as we should be, so no opportunity to change flight, which we would prefer to do. Assume that by going into the system we have somehow been flagged with a 'no need to contact'.....

Brother in law with morning flight booked for May has had email offering alternatives.

Friend going to our place in May did the same as us (despite my asking him not to!) and his flight has been changed too, again no email to notify.

Any suggestions out there as to how we can change our flight without paying for phone calls?
you should be able to change online, ryanair emails many times fail to come through for me, sometimes I book 2 seperate flights on same plane and only one confirmation comes through.

The system change is ok for me as I can see how the benefits are, but there used to be a bad link in the system before.

IE I used to book Web 1p flights with £9.99 tax and be able to change date and only have to pay a penny for the next one whatever the tax, I dont know now if they have stopped this, hope not

to be honest with you ryanair have got very strict on all things lately, Sevilla and Jerez used to be really easy going airports and great ryanair staff, now they are just money grabbing whores
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Surely if you simply change the flight on line they will charge you around £70 for the privilege?

Or am I missing some clever way of doing it?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susique
Hi

Surely if you simply change the flight on line they will charge you around £70 for the privilege?

Or am I missing some clever way of doing it?
No Ive been charged to change a flight, its just the same as booking another one, but you already paid the taxes, The only way ive ever done it is change web fare to web fare, I dont know if it works for web fare to Regular fare or Reg to Reg, maybe thats what you was doing wrong.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andyrich666
No Ive been charged to change a flight, its just the same as booking another one, but you already paid the taxes, The only way ive ever done it is change web fare to web fare, I dont know if it works for web fare to Regular fare or Reg to Reg, maybe thats what you was doing wrong.
I mean I have *****NEVER**** been charged to change a flight, only to change a name once I had to phone up becuase my PC's cookies put the same name in twice, the phone call more expensive than another flight but they didnt charge me £70 just 7Eur