Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Ryanair Experience

The Ryanair Experience

Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Ryanair Experience

So for the first time I flew back to the UK via Ryanair, usually use Thomsonfly.

I would say that the difference is that with Thomsonfly you still feel you are flying with an airline, and with Ryanair you feel like you are being treated like cattle.

We were called to the gates to board on both occasions before the incoming aircraft had arrived. On the outward flight we had to stand on the tarmac for 10 minutes waiting for the cleaners to leave the aircraft. On the return we were called to boarding a good 15 minutes before the aircraft arrived where there were no seats, so we all had to stand.

As an oversight I got charged for boarding cards in both directions as I didn't realise the significance of choosing check in at airport, even though I had no baggage to check in.

All in all, everything for Ryanair is for the money. They'll take money for every little extra, and I didn't come accross anyone who had a good word for them

But fo course ...... they're cheap!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 3:13 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Ryanair Experience

that ryanair , less you book in less you pay .... thay have 20 min turn arond
15kgs per person , not per 2 people traveling , you pay for every think with them.
cattle airline that them and faack up the irish travel industry in the 90s until them came to Aren tracvel and thay fack them up , think thay got pay off , befor the got to the courts

dont forget it the airline get you there for 00.1cent , put you pay 60 euro for taxes ? have you bages 30.00 euros , do you want frist on the plane 15 yours
ha that ryanairi aigain
spell cheack why dont want them google here sorry

frying with them on fri so hope all gose well ,, need to get to the bank
ha give this site a look www.GalwayExpert.net r www.GalwayExpert.com

Last edited by jurdyr; Jun 19th 2008 at 3:17 am.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
15kgs per person , not per 2 people traveling , you pay for every think with them.
cattle airline that them and faack up the irish travel industry in the 90s until them came to Aren tracvel and thay fack them up , think thay got pay off , befor the got to the courts

dont forget it the airline get you there for 00.1cent , put you pay 60 euro for taxes ? have you bages 30.00 euros , do you want frist on the plane 15 yours
ha that ryanairi aigain

Looks like they run that site, you have to pay for extras, liks the pages and text.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Ryanair are cheap and you pay for what you get, best is to take hand luggage only, check in on line, then you get to the front of the queue for boarding, and yes they do call you early, that is because of the very quick turn round time, they don't want to be waiting for people finishing their last cup of coffee.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:18 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jurdyr

ha that ryanairi aigain

WTF Is that English ?

Have you not heard of SPELL CHECK ? Or are you just pickled
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:33 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Ryanair are cheap and you pay for what you get, best is to take hand luggage only, check in on line, then you get to the front of the queue for boarding, and yes they do call you early, that is because of the very quick turn round time, they don't want to be waiting for people finishing their last cup of coffee.
Yeah I realise that. I only had one small bag. I didn't realise the significance of ticking check in on line or check in at airport ... I dont remember it being clear on the site but I'm not sure. That was most peoples complaint, that they could never be sure if they were going to pay any extra charges. Quite a few did at check in, there was a line of people paying.

As for paying extra to get on the plane first ...... well the first on the plane queue was almost as long as the normal queue. I didn't pay and it didnt really matter as I was on my own.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

yeah, i'd agree ryanair are 'cattle' like, its pretty true, but you do get what you pay for.
i use them quite a bit as theyre by far the cheapest option to ireland from valencia or alicante. easyjet is well pricier unfortunatley. if i've stuff to bring tho, i'd consider the options of a more exensive flight as really dont like them, but if youve hand luggage only, its ok.
shame vueling dont fly to the uk......
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:12 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

yes they are cheap but they are like other cheap things they are very bad for the health of those who travel with them. Think of it - they treat us like cattle and as they are cheap then that treatment is equivalent to being fed water to bloat our muscles - they are bad for mental health as they make me want to shoot them and get mindlessly violent - damm said it - see what they have done to me - got to go now that nice man from Ryanair has my tablets - didn't you know they offer a cheap mental health flight called "Flight from Reality" - great value and free water too. Yum.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
yes they are cheap but they are like other cheap things they are very bad for the health of those who travel with them. Think of it - they treat us like cattle and as they are cheap then that treatment is equivalent to being fed water to bloat our muscles - they are bad for mental health as they make me want to shoot them and get mindlessly violent - damm said it - see what they have done to me - got to go now that nice man from Ryanair has my tablets - didn't you know they offer a cheap mental health flight called "Flight from Reality" - great value and free water too. Yum.
I dont have any problems in general with ryanair, I wouldnt be happy if id paid between £100 and 260 € for a single flight but in general I only do the free / 1p flights with cheaper taxes etc, so I accept there service based on that. A fe moments ago I was just reading a review on some hotels on trip advisor and I come across this, Its happened to many of us ( seeing it - not being it ) so I thought as it bought some humour to me id share it with you

On the flight going out with Ryanair you had the usual carry on with the Clampett family, you know the ones that look as if they haven't travelled before and turn up at the airport with Ma, Pa, their two sons ,their wives ,and two kids each all trying to book in 100 bags which if you've travelled with Ryanair before is impossible as your only allowed 15kgs per person. So everyone had to wait 45 minutes while they unzipped bags and transferred clothing from case to case before they would pay the extra. Anyway ,we all got on the plane and you guessed it the Clampett's needed a final boarding call. Then when they eventually boarded the plane they started to complain that they couldn't get seats together. PRICELESS.!!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:14 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Well I have never had any bother and have always gone back to the UK with Ryainair, They have always been very polite and helpful. My son of 16 going back for the first time alone was a bit aprehensive as two flights to Standsted were going at simlar times , I went to the desk to ask if someone could make sure he got on the right plane, they did better than that they gave me a boarding card and allowed me to stay with him until he boarded.
My mother and father came last week they are both 80 this year , again with Ryan air she is a regulary traveler all around the world. she said it was better than her last flight she took to the states for a very expensive cruse.
I am very satisfied with Ryanair thanks
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:24 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Well I have never had any bother and have always gone back to the UK with Ryainair, They have always been very polite and helpful. My son of 16 going back for the first time alone was a bit aprehensive as two flights to Standsted were going at simlar times , I went to the desk to ask if someone could make sure he got on the right plane, they did better than that they gave me a boarding card and allowed me to stay with him until he boarded.
My mother and father came last week they are both 80 this year , again with Ryan air she is a regulary traveler all around the world. she said it was better than her last flight she took to the states for a very expensive cruse.
I am very satisfied with Ryanair thanks
Me too, I love ryanair, I use them all the time. If you stick to their rules then they are the cheapest around. I find it all really stress free. No messing about. Plane lands, offload passengers, board passengers, take off, all in half an hour. I arrive just in time to board, I check in online pay usually 1 cent of 1p (plus taxes). The coffee is terrible (to strong) the tea is undrinkable (sheep dip). I love the hot chocolate though. Viva Ryanair.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Viva Ryanair

Might be a step too much, lol
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:37 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Viva Ryanair

Might be a step too much, lol
I suppose so, but I have booked FREE FLIGHTS ON RYANAIR, WITH NO TAXES TO PAY ON TOP. You cannot get a better deal than that. And there is no chance of being smacked and abused by Naomi Campbell on a cheapo Ryanair flight.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by me me
I suppose so, but I have booked FREE FLIGHTS ON RYANAIR, WITH NO TAXES TO PAY ON TOP. You cannot get a better deal than that. And there is no chance of being smacked and abused by Naomi Campbell on a cheapo Ryanair flight.
I have plenty of them too, I go Alicante this Sunday on freebie and I come back from Murcia on a 0,01eur + 10€ tax, the most ive ever paid for a ryan air flight was £80, I just fit my trips around there offers and also help a small amount of friends out who dont have the internet.

I am tempted to start going other places but I just love Spain really, I dont have much interest going anywhere else, lol
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:39 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

For what you pay, Ryan are good value. Plus, I can't find anything comparable that travels from Stanstead to Jerez.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.