Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair dropping prices for flights at christmas..

Ryanair dropping prices for flights at christmas..

Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future
Default Ryanair dropping prices for flights at christmas..

I am gutted...

In September I paid 130 Euros for 2 return flights, Girona to Bournemouth from 19/12/08 - 05/01/09 and foolishly thought I had got a good deal.

I went to work today to find two of my colleagues also travelling to Bournemouth over Christmas were booking their flights with Ryanair - I joked, maybe no availability or high prices now!!!! No, they said - EXTREMELY CHEAP PRICES, in fact, many flights are FREE!!!

Just thought I would check the going price for two tickets on same flights to find out they are 50% CHEAPER... In fact, we would only be paying taxes!!

Anyone got an email address for Ryanair - I can only find premium telephone numbers on their website...

Anyone else had the same experience?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:16 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default Re: Ryanair dropping prices for flights at christmas..

There's no point emailing them. You bought at the advertised price. Now that they have a sale, does not mean they will refund you the difference in price. Why should they?
They are in business to make money. Sometimes if things are not selling retailers lower the price. If you bought a loaf of bread at 1000hrs on a Saturday morning, I bet it would cost you more than the same loaf 10 minutes before closing later that day.
As for emailing them forget it. CS at Ryanair is by premium telephone line only. Again it is how they make money. They have to fund their cheap flights somehow.
I'm not knocking them, as I fly with them all the time and think they are great!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lic
There's no point emailing them. You bought at the advertised price. Now that they have a sale, does not mean they will refund you the difference in price. Why should they?
They are in business to make money. Sometimes if things are not selling retailers lower the price. If you bought a loaf of bread at 1000hrs on a Saturday morning, I bet it would cost you more than the same loaf 10 minutes before closing later that day.
As for emailing them forget it. CS at Ryanair is by premium telephone line only. Again it is how they make money. They have to fund their cheap flights somehow.
I'm not knocking them, as I fly with them all the time and think they are great!
I agree, you make a choice to buy or not at the advertised price. If you buy...you must have been satisfied with their offer at the time. If the price goes lower it is annoying, but not Ryanair's fault. It is just the same as at the supermarket. Sometimes you have to lower your price for a while to move things on.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:07 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

people are stayying home this Christmas and not spending extra cash , so flights are half empty and need to sell them empty seats , you name the airlines there all at it from Spanish english polish airline

think there going to be some good deal aswell over the X mas for hotels and again in Jan 09
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

If the prices had gone UP by 50% instead of down, would you expect Ryanair to contact you and ask you to cough up the difference?

Not really, so you can't really expect them to cough up when it goes in the other direction.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I booked flights to Birmingham with Ryanair for free (return)
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Shame,you booked too early.
They paying me 50 euros to fly with them............just so they look busy.
Apparently I will be in the co-pilots seat...........
Something about cutting back on staff...........
Old Nov 19th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Is that the one scheduled for a 6am departure

I could have booked my December flight for £20 return, all in, but couldnt cope with the ryanair times from east mids or brum.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future

Hmmm.. It's true, advertised price and all...

But, it doesnt' stop me feeling a bit annoyed with them
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:38 am
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

You did the right thing because it is normal to get the cheapest flights by booking early. Clearly all the economic crisis could not be foreseen.

If you hadn't booked early the normal situation would be to pay a much higher fare and maybe not even to be able to get on.

You still have a very good fare so you just have to accept it and you know that to contact Ryanair is to waste your time and well as theirs.

Mark