ryanair.con

Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future
Default ryanair.con

Booked yesterday with the above and noticed the booked in luggage is now £7 per person,got to admit they make Gordon Brown look minor league.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Re: ryanair.con

Originally Posted by sonnyc
Booked yesterday with the above and noticed the booked in luggage is now £7 per person,got to admit they make Gordon Brown look minor league.
Always has been £3.50 each way , unlike Gordon it is not compulsory to pay it !
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see what the problem is personally. They allow 10kg of hand luggage free, If you wish to take more luggage, you pay extra.
The seats are still the cheapest around, so what's £7 on top??

I pay at least £100 pounds less these days on a return flight to Spain with Ryanair than I did 15-20yrs ago for sitting with my knees up to my ears on a supposedly "cheap" charter flight.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 12:33 am
Account Closed

cherie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big wheels
I don't see what the problem is personally. They allow 10kg of hand luggage free, If you wish to take more luggage, you pay extra.

I pay at least £100 pounds less these days on a return flight to Spain with Ryanair than I did 15-20yrs ago for sitting with my knees up to my ears on a supposedly "cheap" charter flight.
touche, big wheels.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:01 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherie
touche, big wheels.
But last time we flew with them there were quite a lot of people WITHOUT luggage, I suspect that there are a lot of people keeping clothes etc out here in their houses, and then not having to bring anything when they come out for a couple of weeks, and the size of some of the 'hand luggage' one or two could hardly lift it, and a whole family had matching pink cases, which they all carried on as hand luggage.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikelincs
and the size of some of the 'hand luggage' one or two could hardly lift it, and a whole family had matching pink cases, which they all carried on as hand luggage.
Where in the cabin does everyone store their 10kg of handluggage? Is there a safety issue here?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Flooziesoozie is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out Clickair though. Flights on the same departure and return dates in August 2007 (Peak time I know, but August bank holiday weekend in Spain is great fun) to Seville. Ryan air for two adults £388 (restricted luggage) Clickair 260 euros (or £194 if booked via Iberia) with a full luggage allowance. Granted Clickair is from Gatwick but this makes for a massive saving for a family.

And how come Ryanair can justify such huge fare increases in school holidays when Clickair don't increase by anywhere near the same level.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Gatwick unfortunately is not an economical option for some of us
What price were the ryanair seats when they first released them?
The price is usually based on a supply and demand system. As more seats are sold for a particular flight the price rises. I notice that the Thursday eve bank holiday flight is full so anyone booking now for the bank holiday weekend with Ryanair is left with the Friday flight for £200.
Try doing a comparison at a less popular time of year. eg. I can book 2 flights Liverpool to Seville using Ryanair departing 7th of May for £38.46 each, returning Seville to Liverpool on the 14th for €35.72 each. Prices include all taxes.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Flooziesoozie is an unknown quantity at this point

Gatwick unfortunately is not an economical option for some of us
What price were the ryanair seats when they first released them?
The price is usually based on a supply and demand system. As more seats are sold for a particular flight the price rises. I notice that the Thursday eve bank holiday flight is full so anyone booking now for the bank holiday weekend with Ryanair is left with the Friday flight for £200.
Try doing a comparison at a less popular time of year. eg. I can book 2 flights Liverpool to Seville using Ryanair departing 7th of May for £38.46 each, returning Seville to Liverpool on the 14th for €35.72 each. Prices include all taxes.
Very true. But it is not always possible to book when the prices are first released. We are already having to book and pay for flights some 6 months in advance to secure reasonable prices, yet most people (my husband included) cannot book their annual leave until after April.

The annoying thing is that Clickair were operating their Seville route out of Heathrow until the end of March. Great for us as we live on the doorstep, no parking costs or late night drives home. Our Feb flights on this route were excellent.
Just as a further note, I have booked my August flights using Airmiles. The flight shows up as Iberia but it is operated by Clickair.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Mananaman is an unknown quantity at this point

We are from Glasgow and have a house in the Jaen Provinc. We used to fly with Ryanair from Liverpool to Granada but the fares have got too expensive and it's now more economical to fly direct to Malaga with either Flyglobespan or easyjet. The fares are only around £30 dearer but we were spending that in car parking at Livrpool, not to mention petrol.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Always has been £3.50 each way , unlike Gordon it is not compulsory to pay it !
Hi Mourinho,
Brain still active but memory slipping look at your post on the 27th Feb. 2006,also in the Sept. the 20kg was again reduced to 15kg
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Whoever told you your hand luggage is free??, this is a cost built into your fare,each kilo costs more fuel. Anyway have you tried to get 10kg of holiday luggage into the case, bag, or whatever measuring 20"x 14"x 9" ? The £7 is not the problem i was reporting an increase of 40% in the luggage booking in fee,and again luggage has never ever been free don't let the marketing boy's tell you different.