Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryan online booking.

Ryan online booking.

Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:58 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryan online booking.

OK, some advice please on printing out the boarding passes with Ryan's online checkin system.

This is the first time I have used this. I know I need to print out a sheet for each leg of the journey, out and in.

However, there is a problem with the bar code. On the screen, also when I print it, instead of the bar code being a sucession of straight vertical lines, this is only true of a few at the start and the end. The rest are all scrambled into bits and pieces.

Also, I can't get a screen up to print the pass for the trip back to the UK.

The flight is in 11 days, well within the time period advertised.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ryan online booking.

Not sure if this will help but I have had trouble sometimes with BA.

Try this if it allows you. Email the pass to yourself and then open it up from there and try again. It worked for for me but hey ho.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I cant really say if you should worry about the bar code Bil. I just came through with Ryanair and no one ran the bar code through anything. They simply looked at the pass at security, at the boarding gate, and on the plane
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I cant really say if you should worry about the bar code Bil. I just came through with Ryanair and no one ran the bar code through anything. They simply looked at the pass at security, at the boarding gate, and on the plane
Mine was scanner read at Luton last Sat at security gate !!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
OK, some advice please on printing out the boarding passes with Ryan's online checkin system.

This is the first time I have used this. I know I need to print out a sheet for each leg of the journey, out and in.

However, there is a problem with the bar code. On the screen, also when I print it, instead of the bar code being a sucession of straight vertical lines, this is only true of a few at the start and the end. The rest are all scrambled into bits and pieces.

The flight is in 11 days, well within the time period advertised.
Sorry without seeing it I can't help ,I have had a few problems in the past but I just went back and started again .
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
Mine was scanner read at Luton last Sat at security gate !!
ah well........ there you go!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Ryanair have ALWAYS scanned my barcode both at Stansted and Valencia and Sevilla ... Given the huge penalty you would undoubtedly be charged if they couldn't scan the barcode when you turn up, it might be worth an email or a phone call?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:04 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Ryanair have ALWAYS scanned my barcode both at Stansted and Valencia and Sevilla ... Given the huge penalty you would undoubtedly be charged if they couldn't scan the barcode when you turn up, it might be worth an email or a phone call?
Thats why I said "I cant really say if you should worry about the barcode"
I have never had mine scanned at Birmingham, EMA or Alicante, but that doesnt mean it wouldnt happen
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:35 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes I have had it happen when my PC could not be connected to the printer; what I was trying to do was to cut & paste it onto a Microsoft Word document, then save the document to my pen drive, and use another computer to print it.

If you are printing directly then the "bar code" is not a bar code (E13B font) that you see in supermarkets, but a series of indistinguishable lines.

If you have such a box then you should not worry

Davexf
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
On the screen, also when I print it, instead of the bar code being a sucession of straight vertical lines, this is only true of a few at the start and the end. The rest are all scrambled into bits and pieces.
Yes, that's how it should look. So long as you have the thick bar and a few thin lines after it at each end, you're OK
Have you done the online check-in for the return trip? You have to do that for each leg, before you can print the boarding pass.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about

Once you have checked in on-line and can't print the boarding pass for any reason, try again later. your details will have been logged with ryanair, you may have to start again though but then it will come up as a re-print.
you can do this up to 4 hrs before flying.

Also depending on how long your trip is, you may not be able to print the return journey boarding pass at the same time as your outward journey, and have to do that before you fly back.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:11 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

... They do scan at Leeds / Bradford. The 'Bar Code' doesn't look like the ones you see on the side of Baked Bean cans... so just print it and present it at the airport you'll be fine !!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:14 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

And... how come there is a Ryanair 'Credit Card' fee paid when booking even if I pay with a Visa DEBIT card (i.e. I assume Ryanir get the money straight away )

???
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
And... how come there is a Ryanair 'Credit Card' fee paid when booking even if I pay with a Visa DEBIT card (i.e. I assume Ryanir get the money straight away )

???

Don't even bother to ask that one ... daughter flew back from Sevilla on Sunday after year abroad for Uni (15euros for 1kg overweight), and we hope NEVER to fly Ryanair again!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:03 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, when I glanced at one someone had on my last trip, I didn't focus on the codes, so they could well be the same. I was expecting it to look like a baked bean bar code. As you say, it has a thick line, followed by three thins, then the mass of apparantly scrambled bars, then at the far right, one thick followed by 4 thins.

Thinking about it, when they say you can print 15 days before, will that also apply to the return flight, ie I can't print that out until 15 days before I fly back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.