rumours

Old Dec 20th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all
Default rumours

my mate and his missus came to me for their early xmas dinner last week and during the meal i happened to mention to him that over the last few weeks,a lot of houses had gone up for sale in our little village.
on my walkies i seem to notice more and more of them with the se vende sign in the window. for such a small village that is a lot of houses going up in such a short time. and my mate told me this-
he said he had read in a spanish newspaper about a mortgage scheme about to be launched throughout spain. similar in tone to the regeneration scheme,where lots of old spanish houses have been done up in an attempt(very successful too)to fund employment and at the same time make the villages more attractive.and this mortgage scheme is an attempt to get the housing market moving again. details are a bit sketchy,but a figure of something like 36 euros a month was mentioned for a three year period,then the full mortgage would kick in.
if this is true,it would explain the se vende signs,and also the appearance of lots of young couples who are beginning to look at my se vende sign outside my house. has anyone else heard of this scheme or is it all hot air? i really hope it is true, it would bendfit everyone.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rumours

Not sure if this is what you are on about. It's in Andalucia, and talks of 100% loan, reduced payments for 8 years, first three years you pay interest only, not the capital. There is also a personal loan, with easy repayments.
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/591407/0/
Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

sounds like it. only hope it is true. you get the feeling for life in a village when you have lived there for some time like we have. and the sight of these houses going up for sale,all of them in a matter of days not weeks,fuelled my interest. i thought there must be something going on,like a new golf course being built nearby(not true),or massive jobs being created in the area(also not true).
i will put some feelers out with the locals and see if there is anything in the mortgage rumour. when the regeneration scheme got under way the line of villagers queueing up for forms to apply went round the block. hopefully this will be the same.......gracias.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

more houses gone up for sale,all with the red se vende signs in the window,most without any phone number included. more ammunition to the rumour mill, the locals know who owns what and if they are interested,will get in touch verbally.
now today i have had my first viewer of the year(and second since going up for sale a year ago!!). he was moroccan,viewing for his friend who has a large family and wants lots of bedrooms(which i have). very impressed with the house and probably will be back in touch. tells me his friend has applied for a mortgage....we will see.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:43 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
more houses gone up for sale,all with the red se vende signs in the window,most without any phone number included. more ammunition to the rumour mill, the locals know who owns what and if they are interested,will get in touch verbally.
now today i have had my first viewer of the year(and second since going up for sale a year ago!!). he was moroccan,viewing for his friend who has a large family and wants lots of bedrooms(which i have). very impressed with the house and probably will be back in touch. tells me his friend has applied for a mortgage....we will see.
Ah Hem! just be careful of someone "looking for a friend". Get a name and a car reg or other ID info' if possible ... or let an agent do the viewing, especially if you are in a vulnerable spot.

(sorry cynical I am and once bitten... and all that)
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers for "heads up" mate, my white husky quarter wolf dog is my insurance. plus not one mote of dust will be shifted until (A) 3000 euro deposit is paid in cash, and (B) rest of cash is in my account(and not just resting,as father ted used to say).
will be interesting to see who or what turns up or not!!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes be cautious - we had someone turn up saying they were agents and clicking away with the digital cameras - probably uploading photos to the net of our contents for stuff to be stolen to order.

It did not occur to us until afterwards.

Unfortunately you can't trust anybody.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:14 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I'd get a few more dogs and a new security system installed and some new locks and change the furniture around.

Make sure your insurance is up to date and buy a shotgun.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

er,i am beginning to get "frit" as they said in my part of the world....someone knocked on the door last night at about eleven,and i shouted down "ferk off you thieving bassard" and my mate mick said "ok".
ran a business in the west end of london in the 70's and have had all sorts of things tried on,cheque bounces,dodgy notes,etc. so am a bit wise. yon moroccan lad was great,he only wanted to know about the doors,windows,where the wifes jewellry was,simple house-buyers questions. the dog tried to go home with him too. ah well, will be aware!!
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:04 am
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
er,i am beginning to get "frit" as they said in my part of the world....someone knocked on the door last night at about eleven,and i shouted down "ferk off you thieving bassard" and my mate mick said "ok".
Nice one - that has really made me laugh this morning -