Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rugbymatt to the rescue please

Rugbymatt to the rescue please

Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:18 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rugbymatt to the rescue please

Hiya Rugbymatt
Could do with a bit of advice please if you dont mind - our garden extends up quite a steep hill which is a railway bank so cant dig into it but we could add to it - do you think we would be better off terracing it somehow - its hard work keep mowing it as it is and we would like a bit of colour in it just dont know where to start really - just need a shove in the right direction. A million thanks to you.
Put a pic on so you can see - all the dirt is not there now - that was from digging footings a few years ago.

And sorry Mitzy and jdr - i know its not about Spain but not sure where i was supposed to post it - well in a way it is coz once got garden done we are for going.
Attached Thumbnails Rugbymatt to the rescue please-wheres-garden.jpg  

Last edited by jdr; Sep 29th 2007 at 6:24 pm. Reason: putting title in
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:20 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R

By the way sorry there is no title - was supposed to say Rugbymatt to the rescue and i dont know how to change it now - duh i know .
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hiya Rugbymatt
Could do with a bit of advice please if you dont mind - our garden extends up quite a steep hill which is a railway bank so cant dig into it but we could add to it - do you think we would be better off terracing it somehow - its hard work keep mowing it as it is and we would like a bit of colour in it just dont know where to start really - just need a shove in the right direction. A million thanks to you.
Put a pic on so you can see - all the dirt is not there now - that was from digging footings a few years ago.

And sorry Mitzy and jdr - i know its not about Spain but not sure where i was supposed to post it - well in a way it is coz once got garden done we are for going.
Mountain Board Park!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:22 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Mountain Board Park!!!!

We've already had the quad bikes - boy did they get a bollocking .
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

It looks almost a perfect place for a deck doesn't it?

There are loads you could do, terracing would be one option, if you want to go down that route some reclaimed sleepers would be a nice tie in to the railway bank.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:28 pm
Happy in my bubble

Default Re: Rugbymatt to the rescue please

Thank you to whomever changed my title you are a star.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:28 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to whomever changed my title you are a star.
Yeah........thanks!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:32 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It looks almost a perfect place for a deck doesn't it?

There are loads you could do, terracing would be one option, if you want to go down that route some reclaimed sleepers would be a nice tie in to the railway bank.

Yeah i think you are right coz at the top you can see right over the top of the house and can see the Pennines which is lovely (on a nice day that is ).
Attached Thumbnails Rugbymatt to the rescue please-100-6934.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:36 pm
Straw Man.

Yeah i think you are right coz at the top you can see right over the top of the house and can see the Pennines which is lovely (on a nice day that is ).
Sam I wouldn't think twice about getting a deck put in!

What a view of a summers evening!

This is the website for Bali, http://www.bali.co.uk/index2.asp they are the governing body for us landscapers, and have a recommended list..................you will need someone who is good, its in a difficult position and will need to be done properly.

You could have a load of fun with the soft landscaping then, and really make it an amazing feature.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:39 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Sam I wouldn't think twice about getting a deck put in!

What a view of a summers evening!

This is the website for Bali, http://www.bali.co.uk/index2.asp they are the governing body for us landscapers, and have a recommended list..................you will need someone who is good, its in a difficult position and will need to be done properly.

You could have a load of fun with the soft landscaping then, and really make it an amazing feature.

Thanks - your a cracker i knew you would be able to point us in the right direction xxx
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - your a cracker i knew you would be able to point us in the right direction xxx
Did you mean to say "Matt you're a total T055er" ??
Or were you talking about another Matt??
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:47 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Did you mean to say "Matt you're a total T055er" ??
Or were you talking about another Matt??

We all know you love him too.......
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:49 pm
Straw Man.

We all know you love him too.......
of course he does, its DF who hates me!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Rugbymatt
Could do with a bit of advice please if you dont mind - our garden extends up quite a steep hill which is a railway bank so cant dig into it but we could add to it
Call that a steep hill
I need mountaineering equipment to weed my garden
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:07 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Call that a steep hill
I need mountaineering equipment to weed my garden

are you up the side of a mountain then - anytime you want a bit of a rest you can always do ours .
Love Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.