Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rugby in Spain.

Rugby in Spain.

Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby in Spain.

Originally Posted by maryann
El puerto has a rugby team, quite dedicated. I have seen them play, they are hard. there were a few injuries and a very bloody ear! My hubby wanted to join the team but I put my foot down and said no, it might effect work if he got injured. So he is stuck with 5 a side football on mon and thurs night.
There is defiantly a league down here, I can find out more if you want

love

m xxxxxxx
Maryann this vid is just for you, and thanks for the info, yeah I would love to find out more.

Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZGrl
I am very interested in this one...My boys (6 and 7) want to learn rugby here in NZ but I am more inclined to try and push them towards football as we are moving to Spain and I can't remember any rugby clubs when I lived there before. My thinking is that if they already play rugby they will have more in common with the Spanish kids.
Where abouts in NZ are you?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its the wrong shaped ball
Someone forgot to cut the top off the Goal Posts
Their shorts are too tight for their fat arses
They have wierd ears, flat noses & grope each other in a thing called a scrum
Jonny Wilkinson is always injured
League & Union ... whats all that about
They are all hooligans
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:36 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

this is why i asked if your welsh, welsh love their rugby!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:35 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its the wrong shaped ball
Someone forgot to cut the top off the Goal Posts
Their shorts are too tight for their fat arses
They have wierd ears, flat noses & grope each other in a thing called a scrum
Jonny Wilkinson is always injured
League & Union ... whats all that about
They are all hooligans
But they are REAL MEN, their shorts are just lovely and tight, not to mention their thighs oooh sorry have to go for a while, having a hot flush!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Where abouts in NZ are you?
I am in Orewa....But have a business in Warkworth. I lived in Campamento just outside Gib. for a few years and am gagging to go back to Spain.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:57 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by NZGrl
I am in Orewa....But have a business in Warkworth. I lived in Campamento just outside Gib. for a few years and am gagging to go back to Spain.
My best mate fluctuates between Dannevirke and Taupo, she has a couple of boys around the same age and both play for the Hawkes Bay minis.

Where you planning on going back to?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:25 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

My best mate fluctuates between Dannevirke and Taupo, she has a couple of boys around the same age and both play for the Hawkes Bay minis.

There's quite a few teams around and in my experience are always looking for players and ex-players to get involved in whatever capacity. Obviously depends on where you are based but a good place to start would be www.ferugby.es the federación website. If you're in Andalucia, you can try http://www.farugby.com/

If you're in Huelva you can try Tartessos who need players and also try the Algarve as there are a number of teams there playing at quite a decent level - Vilamoura have a decent side and base themselves out of Browns Leisure Resort
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:28 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

....oh, and this always makes me smile. What a plonker!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gpzFZadcQ
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:25 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Only a matter of time really before I asked!!

I know it happens, there are some half decent clubs, I have even watched some half decent rugby, but what are your thoughts?

Have you seen any? Is there any around your parts?

Have you seen much.
Barbarians were here a couple of weeks ago, playing in Valencia, beat Spain 56 - 22 if I rmeber correctly, there are certainly a number of Rugby clubs here on the CB.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:28 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Barbarians were here a couple of weeks ago, playing in Valencia, beat Spain 56 - 22 if I rmeber correctly, there are certainly a number of Rugby clubs here on the CB.
They were, Zinzan ended up in bloody hospital after a night out.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Im not sure at the moment where I am going to go back to. Im trying to get a job in a Hair and Beauty College at the mo'. There's two that provide British Qualifications so if I can get into one of those it will be either Torremolenos or theres one near torrevieja...But not bothered because if they are not recruiting at that time then I will come and open a Day Spa...and that would be somewhere on the Costa de la luz. Its all about where I will work rather than where I would like to live. But the time Ive got left here gives me ample time to brush up on the old Spanish!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jimc_usa will become famous soon enoughJimc_usa will become famous soon enough

They were, Zinzan ended up in bloody hospital after a night out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_in_Spain

If you Google you will get a lot more
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:33 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Jimc_usa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_in_Spain

If you Google you will get a lot more
Wow!

5 months!

Thanks.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!

5 months!

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.