Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rough costs of international schools

Rough costs of international schools

Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default Rough costs of international schools

Hi

Has anyone got any experience of costs and the school for the british college in benalmadena or simular schools.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:04 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rough costs of international schools

I think its around 1,500€ a term for primary and 2,000€ a term secondary! then there's the books which are around 500€ a year and the uniform. P.E kit, trips..... it goes on and on and on.............!!!!!!!! Mine arent at Benalmadena College, but we looked at it, Mine are at another school near Málaga, but the fees were more or less the same

Jo xxx
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
I think its around 1,500€ a term for primary and 2,000€ a term secondary! then there's the books which are around 500€ a year and the uniform. P.E kit, trips..... it goes on and on and on.............!!!!!!!! Mine arent at Benalmadena College, but we looked at it, Mine are at another school near Málaga, but the fees were more or less the same

Jo xxx
Hi

Thanks for that Jo, I thought it would be around 3000 a term so thanks x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

What ages are your children.

If theyre young then try a spanish school - its free.

The other fees are a crazy price.

Youd have to have a massive surplus income to afford that I reckon.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

We pay around 1,700 Euro per term for our mighty atom (he's 3.5 years old)....plus books and all the other stuffs. We found the 2 private schools here were both weary of taking on foreigners as many only stay for a relatively short time.
As an aside, one of the disadvantages of going private, is that (at least in our case) the catchment area of the pupils is much bigger than that of the local schools. So keeping in touch/meeting up with his friends is that more difficult.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

Just enrolled my 2 at the international college in the area you mentioned. Costs were 2228 for first term and 1671 for subsequent terms. On top of that you have about 500 euros for sundry costs each year. Hope this helps. Experience? I start teaching at the BIC in Sept, as does my wife. It looks ok, very calm and nice. If you need any further info PM me.

Last edited by Zaragozaram; Aug 1st 2009 at 9:01 am. Reason: Added additional info
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:51 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
As an aside, one of the disadvantages of going private, is that (at least in our case) the catchment area of the pupils is much bigger than that of the local schools. So keeping in touch/meeting up with his friends is that more difficult.

Oh yes!! Agreed 110%!!! I'm a taxi service and you get the sleepovers...AAAGGGHH!!!

Jo xx
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram
Just enrolled my 2 at the international college in the area you mentioned. Costs were 2228 for first term and 1671 for subsequent terms. On top of that you have about 500 euros for sundry costs each year. Hope this helps. Experience? I start teaching at the BIC in Sept, as does my wife. It looks ok, very calm and nice. If you need any further info PM me.
.. and heard that it was policy for international school teachers to get their children in for free....seriously?!!!!!! BTW, there tends to be a bit of healthy competition between the Ischools in this area (theres another two or three), so if I have a dig, its only in jest!! Honest!!!

Jo xxxx
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

.. and heard that it was policy for international school teachers to get their children in for free....seriously?!!!!!! BTW, there tends to be a bit of healthy competition between the Ischools in this area (theres another two or three), so if I have a dig, its only in jest!! Honest!!!

Jo xxxx
Serious question from a concerned parent;-

What is the attraction of international schools versus Spanish schools? I don't want to open this old chestnut but am genuinely interested why so many are seeking international schools.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

What is the attraction of international schools versus Spanish schools? I don't want to open this old chestnut but am genuinely interested why so many are seeking international schools.
Ask yourself how many have tried it and then changed to Spanish schools, I know quite a few. ;-))
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:05 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

pass

for older kids 10/11 + it's the best thing usually

I really don't understand why you'd put a younger kid into International school unless you knew it was a temporary move or thought it might be

we did for the first year we were here - for that very reason - we had been doing a bit of continent hoppping & it seemed like the fairest thing on the kids at the time

after the first year, once we had decide to make it permanent we moved them into the state system - luckily they were still both young enough
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lynnxa
pass

for older kids 10/11 + it's the best thing usually

I really don't understand why you'd put a younger kid into International school unless you knew it was a temporary move or thought it might be

we did for the first year we were here - for that very reason - we had been doing a bit of continent hoppping & it seemed like the fairest thing on the kids at the time

after the first year, once we had decide to make it permanent we moved them into the state system - luckily they were still both young enough
Totally agree
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

Jo xxxx
On a teachers paltry wages, free places are the only was I could put my to through the private system.

Actually, my preferred choice was to put my two back in the Spanish state system but logistically it was impossible. So we all go together.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:11 pm
Banned

Cos my kids were 11 and 13 when we moved here, I did try my 11 yo in state school, but after 6 months of having to peel her off my leg screaming hysterically every morning and sleepless nights cos she was being bullied... by british kids I relented and sent her back to International. I suspect she went to the wrong spanish school, cos it later transpired that the teachers didnt bother with the british kids and put them all together in a corner colouring in all day, but how do you know what you're getting?? Yes I did ask around first and was told it was ok, in any case I didnt get the choice, nearest school or nothing

My children are getting an amazing education at their international school, they have a spanish lesson everyday and have spanish friends there too. Infact the class ratio is about 50%50%. As for whether they intergrate?? well does it matter?? I hope they grow up world travellers and can go anywhwere and do anything, not just intergrated expats! Spain doesnt need em for now!

Jo xx

Last edited by jojojojojojojojojojojojo; Aug 1st 2009 at 3:15 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks all for the costs. xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.