Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rotary washing line

Rotary washing line

Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future
Default Rotary washing line

I want to buy a rotary washing line and wonder if anyone can tell me where I can purchase one. To narrow search down: although I live in the north of Granada Province we often travel to Murcia (IKEA etc), Albox (Almeria) and Malaga (for airport). I don't want to buy via the internet but would prefer to go to the shop to see if it is exactly what I want so hopefully there is somewhere within the area stated that may be able to help. Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rotary washing line

We bought ours from Leroy Merlin in the Condomina shopping centre the one on the other side of the motorway to Ikea at Murcia. We've had it for about 5 years now and all I can recall is that it was not cheap!Take a look see if its on their website before travelling....

http://www.leroymerlin.es/
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info. Will check website before visiting Leroy Merlin. My OH loves to visit that shop so shouldn't be a problem getting him over there.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was from Leroy and I agree not cheap, seen them in all the DIY type places though.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Rotary washing line

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us
I want to buy a rotary washing line and wonder if anyone can tell me where I can purchase one. To narrow search down: although I live in the north of Granada Province we often travel to Murcia (IKEA etc), Albox (Almeria) and Malaga (for airport). I don't want to buy via the internet but would prefer to go to the shop to see if it is exactly what I want so hopefully there is somewhere within the area stated that may be able to help. Thanks for any help.
We had the same problem and found a very large one in Leroys but it was expensive. We bought one in Safeways in Gibraltar but had to ask as they are not always on display. It was less than 20 pounds. Good luck!
Old Jan 10th 2014, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
We had the same problem and found a very large one in Leroys but it was expensive. We bought one in Safeways in Gibraltar but had to ask as they are not always on display. It was less than 20 pounds. Good luck!
My advice is buy the expensive one. The cheap ones don't last. I gave up, and bought an expensive one in England and moved it from place to place with me. it's been 14 years now and it's still going strong. This year I'm going to have to replace the cord after 4 years in the Spanish sun.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Went to Leroy Merlin on Friday as OH wanted something from them too. Didn't buy the rotary line as it was 109 euros. Thought that was more than expensive, it seemed extortionate. My old one hasn't broken completely yet so will wait and keep looking or use my airers until I find one a bit cheaper. My old one came from Lidl 10 years ago at a cost of 26 euros but they haven't had them since. Have had to replace the lines twice due to sun damage but now the metal arms are beginning to go. Locals here use metal "T" brackets and wire lines but I haven't the space to put that in. Will keep looking.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

I bought one for €35 in a local ironmongers.

Unfortunately I live a long way away from you but I guess wel worth looking for a small ironmongers in your area.

I have had mine for 5 years now and still going strong. I do protect the wires with a cover from Argos to stop the sun damage.