Reload this Page >

Roofers in Spain

Roofers in Spain

Old Jan 18th 2021, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Auditedherbivore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roofers in Spain

Hi

My partner and I are looking at moving to Spain and he would like to continue his current trade which is a roofer. Does anyone know of any large roofing companies or if there are certain areas of Spain where flat/felted roofs are used?
I have a CELTA teaching qualification and would like to look at teaching but we need info on the roofing side

Many thanks
Old Jan 18th 2021, 10:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roofers in Spain

Hi, welcome to BE.

I've moved your thread to the main Spain forum, I think it's more likely to get responses there. You may also want to mention if you have an EU passport, or just a British one, so that those in the know can advise on visa requirements if needed.

Good luck with it.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Thank you we only have British passports so the visa info would be appreciated
Old Jan 18th 2021, 10:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auditedherbivore
Hi

My partner and I are looking at moving to Spain and he would like to continue his current trade which is a roofer. Does anyone know of any large roofing companies or if there are certain areas of Spain where flat/felted roofs are used?
I have a CELTA teaching qualification and would like to look at teaching but we need info on the roofing side

Many thanks
Roofing in Spain is very different to the UK, for one almost all rooves are tile over concrete, there is little in the way of joists, felt , then tile used. Flat rooves are common, but are usually sun terraces, so not felted.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Working in Spain

If you were legally resident in Spain before 1 January 2021, you have the right to work, as long as you remain legally resident.

If you are planning to come to Spain to work, you may need a visa or permit. You should check with the Spanish Embassy in the UK.

To apply for a job, you may need to provide a:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-i...rking-in-spain
Old Jan 18th 2021, 11:39 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

As mikelincs has suggested your partners experience would not be relevant and he is unlikely to find employment. As UK nationals(?) you will both have difficulty in obtaining work post Brexit.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Many thanks
Problem now is, you would need a job offer before you could come over as that would be part of the visa application.
And the building industry local to us (we are 10k from Benidorm inland) is slow, very slow.

As others have said roofing here in Spain is different as well, so even if you set up a business and went down that route its going to be hard.

Also now the Uk is a 3rd country you wont find it easy to come here and teach either.

Sorry about that but you may need to rethink your plans.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Roofing in Spain is very different to the UK, for one almost all rooves are tile over concrete, there is little in the way of joists, felt , then tile used. Flat rooves are common, but are usually sun terraces, so not felted.
That might depend where you live.
Here in the Basque country they are invariably tiled with joists, tiles being mostly "arab" design (curved). We had our house re-roofed 5 years ago with flat tiles as the roofer (an experienced, quality local chap) said the French ones were of better quality clay. The approx 120m² cost us €30,000. Our son's farmhouse was done 3 years ago, 400m² which cost €80,000. Both with joists.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retired in Euskadi
That might depend where you live.
Here in the Basque country they are invariably tiled with joists, tiles being mostly "arab" design (curved). We had our house re-roofed 5 years ago with flat tiles as the roofer (an experienced, quality local chap) said the French ones were of better quality clay. The approx 120m² cost us €30,000. Our son's farmhouse was done 3 years ago, 400m² which cost €80,000. Both with joists.
Very true but flat/felted roofs would be very rare in Spain, especially due to the climate and would be far too hot in summer.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Many thanks
I`m afraid you are a year or two too late .
Old Jan 18th 2021, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Have any of you people with no helpful responses ever thought of not replying to a question or thread if you have nothing useful to say....are you all that bored in life you find a new comment on here and take the time and effort to respond and post. Surely there must be a more productive way to soend your time as an individual rather than post negative comments on Internet forums
Old Jan 18th 2021, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you people with no helpful responses ever thought of not replying to a question or thread if you have nothing useful to say....are you all that bored in life you find a new comment on here and take the time and effort to respond and post. Surely there must be a more productive way to soend your time as an individual rather than post negative comments on Internet forums
Everyone has told you the truth , what do you want lies then to rock up in Malaga only to get turned around and sent home ?

Old Jan 18th 2021, 8:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Every response has been helpful from what I can see.

People have just pointed out that unfortunately you’ve left it too late as now you’ll need a visa to move due to Brexit, and that’ll be very tricky from what you’ve said. It may not have been what you wanted to hear but it’s still good advice nonetheless.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 10:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You asked a question and members answered with relevant information to aid your research. They always endeavour to provide honest feedback whether that is of a negative or positive nature. As you point out they give their time and effort to respond and post which they do to be helpful and no other reason.

So sorry to see that you did not receive the answers that you were hoping for and that this has made you angry but unfortunately life for Brits hoping to move and work in any EU country is being affected by the fact that the UK has left. Even prior to Brexit occurring anyone in the construction industry were being advised to think carefully before moving here for work as there are so many builders in Spain finding it very difficult to survive.

Rosemary
Old Jan 19th 2021, 6:22 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

Can I offer a piece of advice? Why not come here for a holiday and watch a roof being done? It is nothing like a UK roof and if you go to the Alpujarras, they build flat slate roofs the like of which I have never seen before nor anywhere else in Spain - and I have travelled extensively all over Spain.

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.