Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Romanian identity card for Canary Islands instead of passport?

Romanian identity card for Canary Islands instead of passport?

Old Dec 23rd 2016, 9:02 am
Just Joined

John D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Romanian identity card for Canary Islands instead of passport?

Hey,

I have a romanian friend and she wants to travel with me to Gran Canaria but she only has a Romanian identity card - I looked up online and it said it can be used in most countries instead of a passport but I need to be sure before I can book for her.

Does anyone know or know where I can find out online please?

Thanks very much
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 11:38 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romanian identity card for Canary Islands instead of passport?

As the Canary Islands are considered a part of Spain and are also part of the Schengen area, the same rules apply which allow all EU citizens free movement. If travelling from one Schengen country to another, no ID is required. As Romania is outside the Schengen area, ID is required, but a national ID card is sufficient.

Spain Visa and Passport Requirements