Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Road Works N-332 Playa Flamenca

Road Works N-332 Playa Flamenca

Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

The Tyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Road Works N-332 Playa Flamenca

Hi will be going to playa flamenca in Sept can anyone tell me if the road works are finished around there yet. Is it any easier to cross the road around there? i am takeing my 2 yr old granddaughter and want to be safe to get her to the beach. I know the under pass by the police station but that can be difficult at times.
Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Road Works N-332 Playa Flamenca

Originally Posted by The Tyke
Hi will be going to playa flamenca in Sept can anyone tell me if the road works are finished around there yet. Is it any easier to cross the road around there? i am takeing my 2 yr old granddaughter and want to be safe to get her to the beach. I know the under pass by the police station but that can be difficult at times.
Thanks
Hi, The roadworks are currently a nightmare. That said, there has been some info in the Costa Blanca News that they hope to have the road open, albeit temporarily for July/Aug. I suspect, looking at their progress to date, they will be hard pushed to reach that target (but who knows, by September it may be finished). There is no way you would be able to walk across the road (it will be a dual carriageway, with concrete bollard central reservation). I have not seen any sign of any pedestrian walkways there either (there are new huge concrete pedestrian walkways being erected at La Zenia and Cabo Roig), so presumably the walkway by the Police Station will be the only option - unless there is a tunnel/walkway being put in anywhere else which is not visible from the road.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
Hi, The roadworks are currently a nightmare. That said, there has been some info in the Costa Blanca News that they hope to have the road open, albeit temporarily for July/Aug. I suspect, looking at their progress to date, they will be hard pushed to reach that target (but who knows, by September it may be finished). There is no way you would be able to walk across the road (it will be a dual carriageway, with concrete bollard central reservation). I have not seen any sign of any pedestrian walkways there either (there are new huge concrete pedestrian walkways being erected at La Zenia and Cabo Roig), so presumably the walkway by the Police Station will be the only option - unless there is a tunnel/walkway being put in anywhere else which is not visible from the road.
Thanks for that. It looks like it's the underpass or walking up to the blue bridge @ Punta prima.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:10 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

whn they started the widening, they did promise more srossings, but as Playa Flame nca has always had the underpass I assume that there will be no new ones there. They are/have built new bridges further towards Campoamor and further south. We got away from the area about 7 weeks ago, so are not sure just what it is like now, certain stretches were open, and more close to being opened, we moved up here only to find that they ae proposing to improve the N332 in the Altea to Benidorm stretch
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
whn they started the widening, they did promise more srossings, but as Playa Flame nca has always had the underpass I assume that there will be no new ones there. They are/have built new bridges further towards Campoamor and further south. We got away from the area about 7 weeks ago, so are not sure just what it is like now, certain stretches were open, and more close to being opened, we moved up here only to find that they ae proposing to improve the N332 in the Altea to Benidorm stretch
Thanks Mikelincs the underpass can be tricky sometimes. It may be better for us to get the bus or taxi into Torrevieja to make sure we don't have any problems with the little one. It's the first time we have taken her away on our own so the responcibillity is huge.