Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Retardant for Yeso?

Retardant for Yeso?

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all
Default Re: Retardant for Yeso?

Originally Posted by snikpoh View Post
I absolutely agree. Capa fina is an alternative to using yeso and can come pre-coloured.

... but that wasn't the question that was asked ...
never seen pre coloured fina... what colours does it come in?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh View Post
... but that wasn't the question that was asked ...
I gave an alternative to the question of retarding yeso for plastering, sorry if that was the wrong reply.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon View Post
I gave an alternative to the question of retarding yeso for plastering, sorry if that was the wrong reply.
Thanks:-) There are no wrong replies when you're looking for opinions and experiences
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 2:32 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin View Post
never seen pre coloured fina... what colours does it come in?
Hmmmm. Maybe I'm thinking of Mono Capa which comes in Red, yellow, white .....
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Sotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really nice

Originally Posted by angiescarr View Post
So is Capa fina like plaster of paris? Is it a type of Yeso>
The light blocks went up very quickly...well they had to!!
Fortunately I have some little rubber bowls which were perfect for the job. One little bowlful made up fresh for each block. Tried retarding with Amonia but it made very little, if any, difference and stunk to high heaven. Brilliant cleaner ammonia though! I remember that smell from bucketfuls of babies nappies in the back yard. I used to soak them for two days just in their own urine diluted with not too much water. Take the lid off and the ammonia smell really hit you!
Then I rinsed them thoroughly and washed them. Only the dirty ones went into nappy cleanse. My kids nappies were the whitest on the street! OOh I do sound old! Can't remember who taught me that trick.
There you are bil. When you've stopped weeing on the compost you can get the whites right!
If the light blocks you're talking about are the glass blocks, then you should have used " cola para bloques de vidrio" or even "cola para la colocación de gres" not yeso. These two products dont go hard quickly like yeso or escayola so you dont end up running about to get finished.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sotarroni View Post
If the light blocks you're talking about are the glass blocks, then you should have used " cola para bloques de vidrio" or even "cola para la colocación de gres" not yeso. These two products dont go hard quickly like yeso or escayola so you dont end up running about to get finished.
Already done.:-) And I like the result. So, yes, it was a bit of a rush but good experience with Yeso and I'll use it again.