Restaurants

Old Jul 19th 2009, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Restaurants

Visited the new pizzeria, Bella Napoli. For those on Esuri you will be glad to know the uniform was really nice. There was a group of us and we all agreed that these were the best pizzas in Ayamonte (I know, doesn't take much doing). Actually looked quite professional, nicely laid tables, attentive staff and a good range within the menu. Unfortunately, can't comment on the other food eg steaks, pasta etc because we all were eager to try the pizzas. Early days I know but the owner having 2 other restaurants may actually have a winning formula.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Visited the new pizzeria, Bella Napoli. For those on Esuri you will be glad to know the uniform was really nice. There was a group of us and we all agreed that these were the best pizzas in Ayamonte (I know, doesn't take much doing). Actually looked quite professional, nicely laid tables, attentive staff and a good range within the menu. Unfortunately, can't comment on the other food eg steaks, pasta etc because we all were eager to try the pizzas. Early days I know but the owner having 2 other restaurants may actually have a winning formula.
Not the same ownership as Bella Napoli (Canela),recently listed in the worst restauarants list ???
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tonyp
Not the same ownership as Bella Napoli (Canela),recently listed in the worst restauarants list ???
Yikes, sorry about that, it is called Pizzeria Napoli and not at all linked to the pizzeria in Canela. Boy, I just about killed the new restaurants reputation within a week.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

John and Kath, must be all that swimming and 5 a day
..........and baggy T-shirts!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

Hi Sharon,
I have said before that in my opiion that the best Pizza restraunt in Ayamonte is at Canela beach called the San Remo next to JA's bar (and his prices are good too) but it is hard to find it open. They do a very good calzonie type of pizza and the standard pizzas are thin and crispy which is just how I like them but I have not found him open this year so far if you are up that way have a look and see if he has opened now the the summer hols have arrived.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Sharon,
I have said before that in my opiion that the best Pizza restraunt in Ayamonte is at Canela beach called the San Remo next to JA's bar (and his prices are good too) but it is hard to find it open. They do a very good calzonie type of pizza and the standard pizzas are thin and crispy which is just how I like them but I have not found him open this year so far if you are up that way have a look and see if he has opened now the the summer hols have arrived.
John/Kath, drove past last week and they were all open on that stretch. Will have to give it a try. Guess just being a bit lazy and when you have got visitors all year round Canela restaurants are quite seasonal.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Restaurants

John/Kath, drove past last week and they were all open on that stretch. Will have to give it a try. Guess just being a bit lazy and when you have got visitors all year round Canela restaurants are quite seasonal.
As you know we are snowbirds so we only catch him on the edges of the season and don't know if he has somewhere else in the winter must ask him next time he is open when we are around. His pizza oven is Swiss built (didn't know they were into pizza)beautiful piece of kit with results almost as good as a log oven.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:25 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Excellent meal at Jags again and will certainly be back in Sept. We also had very good tapas at Casa Vincente, which was the first place I had a meal in way back in 2003. I know there are negative comments about Noosh/Nosh but we have eaten there several times and it has always been good, John reckoned the steak he had there was one of the best. The owner is Kurdish and owns 2 plots opposite our house facing Golf 1. I think Noosh is a better name but he said Nosh is the Kurdish equivalent of "enjoy your meal" but originally his sign writers and printers got the name wrong so he was left with Noosh....gradually changing it now. Good ribs as always at Mars Bars but, although it has never been in a good position and is very much "cafe" like, I felt it was very crammed, red plastic etc and went off it a bit. Also I think Mata Rota itself has been spoilt by the horrible ...is it a bus station ?... area between the village and the beach - shame.

Thanks Jon for your post.....always get "to do" places from you.

Re. Praia Verde, perfect position, lovely views and do like to go there with any new people we take out but I don't think the food is that good for the high prices they charge

All the best

Mel
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Mel

I was looking at property in the Ayamonte area and came across this:

http://www.homesandfincas.com/prodde...prod=723&cat=9

it appears that the restaurant 'Noosh' is up for sale.

George
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:39 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
hi Mel

I was looking at property in the Ayamonte area and came across this:

http://www.homesandfincas.com/prodde...prod=723&cat=9

it appears that the restaurant 'Noosh' is up for sale.

George
Everything´s for sale! I happen to know a very well running beach bar for sale for € 275.000,- .... Yearly concession € 6000,- (yearly rent payable to the ayuntamiento) Not a bad deal at all....

Last edited by Jur; Jul 23rd 2009 at 1:41 am.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi all

Excellent meal at Jags again and will certainly be back in Sept. We also had very good tapas at Casa Vincente, which was the first place I had a meal in way back in 2003. I know there are negative comments about Noosh/Nosh but we have eaten there several times and it has always been good, John reckoned the steak he had there was one of the best. The owner is Kurdish and owns 2 plots opposite our house facing Golf 1. I think Noosh is a better name but he said Nosh is the Kurdish equivalent of "enjoy your meal" but originally his sign writers and printers got the name wrong so he was left with Noosh....gradually changing it now. Good ribs as always at Mars Bars but, although it has never been in a good position and is very much "cafe" like, I felt it was very crammed, red plastic etc and went off it a bit. Also I think Mata Rota itself has been spoilt by the horrible ...is it a bus station ?... area between the village and the beach - shame.

Thanks Jon for your post.....always get "to do" places from you.

Re. Praia Verde, perfect position, lovely views and do like to go there with any new people we take out but I don't think the food is that good for the high prices they charge

All the best

Mel
Family been over last few weeks and we decided to go to Castro Marim golf club for last meal as they enjoyed it so much last year and glad to say still as good. Special offer on just now, free bottle of wine with any two meals off the evening menu, on till sept. We reserved a table, so they had a lovely table set out for us on terrace, and although the kids did not fancy anything on evening menu the waiter kindly gave us the lunchtime menu so they could pick something off that. Overall what with the setting and quality definitely in our top 3, must not leave it so long till we go back again.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:47 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Just came back from the beach, we wanted to eat at Saarlodris because they always used to have simple but decent food, but found them closing up for the evening. (they are open in the evenings during the weekends)

Instead went to La Cabra II where we ate some pimientada (ok), plate of french fries (nah, at € 3,00, and after asking three times for mayonaise they managed to bring ketchup), Gambas al Ajillo (Skip that) and a plate of pescado variado for the price of € 20,00.....

With drinks a total of € 54,50 for two small kids and two adults, for me that was a first and last time. And the wines are way overpriced!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
Just came back from the beach, we wanted to eat at Saarlodris because they always used to have simple but decent food, but found them closing up for the evening. (they are open in the evenings during the weekends)

Instead went to La Cabra II where we ate some pimientada (ok), plate of french fries (nah, at € 3,00, and after asking three times for mayonaise they managed to bring ketchup), Gambas al Ajillo (Skip that) and a plate of pescado variado for the price of € 20,00.....

With drinks a total of € 54,50 for two small kids and two adults, for me that was a first and last time. And the wines are way overpriced!
Yes, been first time this summer with family. I know it is a beach bar but stepping over half eaten food didn't actually add to the appeal. The staff weren't exactly attentive nor busy so a quick sweep and cleaning of dirty tables wouldn't have gone amiss (and we were there for a good hour). And those prices!! But the owners a nice guy though.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a post to tempt Jon-Bxl away from the "other thread"...
Had a late lunch at bar El Barrio, and tried the chocos de trasmayo. Yummy! Now, for the fishermen/women out there, please explain the "trasmayo" way of fishing?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Here's a post to tempt Jon-Bxl away from the "other thread"...
Had a late lunch at bar El Barrio, and tried the chocos de trasmayo. Yummy! Now, for the fishermen/women out there, please explain the "trasmayo" way of fishing?
Looks like you went fishing at the Barrio, and also for me, and got me out of the other mish mash thread.

Glad you are enjoying El Barrio....

Trasmayo looks like something with a net.. but I have no idea....

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...title&resnum=4

Regards
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.