British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Restaurant recommendations Xàbia/Javea? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/restaurant-recommendations-x%C3%A0bia-javea-927614/)

BuckinghamshireBoy Aug 31st 2019 6:47 pm

Restaurant recommendations Xàbia/Javea?

Hi folk,

We'll be spending 5 days or so in Xàbia in a couple of week's time, just wondered if anyone had any good tips on restaurants in the area?

I don't need five night's worth, just one would be great. ;)

We'll have access to a car, so doesn't have to be in town.

Cheers.

el collado kid Sep 1st 2019 7:32 am

Re: Restaurant recommendations Xàbia/Javea?

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 12729860)
Hi folk,

We'll be spending 5 days or so in Xàbia in a couple of week's time, just wondered if anyone had any good tips on restaurants in the area?

I don't need five night's worth, just one would be great. ;)

We'll have access to a car, so doesn't have to be in town.

Cheers.

hi there .i know the area a little bit.down the road in denia is a show club called( Condado) on the marques de campo you can get agood meal and show. i would highly recommend it hope you enjoy your visit

minouette Sep 1st 2019 10:36 am

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...n_Country.html

BuckinghamshireBoy Sep 1st 2019 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by minouette (Post 12730055)

I was hoping for some BE members' personal recommendations - as per post #2, but that particular style of eatery is not our cup of tea.

Thank you anyway.

el collado kid Sep 1st 2019 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12729981)
hi there .i know the area a little bit.down the road in denia is a show club called( Condado) on the marques de campo you can get agood meal and show. i would highly recommend it hope you enjoy your visit

hi,I thought you were looking for a show???.try La Republic in Denia port you might like this great views great food:fingerscrossed:

BuckinghamshireBoy Sep 24th 2019 4:32 pm

BB's Restaurant recommendations Xàbia/Javea

Right then, in no specific order…

Botanico. As far away from the port as one can get, at the southern end of the mini-bay of Platja de l'Arenal. Catering mostly to tourists – given the location – an excellent place to lunch. Very good service, the menu a mix of Spanish and other European cuisines, the seafood and asparagus tapas dishes were perfect.

Alma Del Mar By Freda. Also in Arenal, this was a must do for us: it’s a Swiss restaurant run by a delightful Swiss couple. Why eat Swiss when in Spain? Why not…
Fondues, raclettes, croutes, all manner of meat dishes, we’re heading back there this evening for a traditional Genevois supper of filets de perches avec frites – aka fish’n’chips Swiss style.
We stayed “a bit late” ;) with the owners the other evening discussing everything under the sun, putting the world to rights, killing off a bottle of Abricotine etc.

Back to the port area of Xàbia/Javea is Restaurante Sotavent which is mostly off the tourist radar, Spanish/Mediterranean, superb service, excellent menu, and food to match. We arrived at 22:20 on a Saturday evening, were given the last tiny table available to wait, then moved to a much more comfortable table after about 10 minutes. Extensive tapas menu, which we stuck with. I got hooked on the aubergine with honey…

One thing I missed in CH (and also so far in BE) is a decent curry house. There are six or seven in Javea, but our host (having tried all of them over the last couple of years) suggested Curry Palace, bang next to the port. Nepalese, huge menu, super service and after far too many years without a ‘proper’ curry, a fantastic experience.

Et voila. :lol:

el collado kid Sep 25th 2019 7:29 am

Re: BB's Restaurant recommendations Xàbia/Javea

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy (Post 12739469)
Right then, in no specific order…

Botanico. As far away from the port as one can get, at the southern end of the mini-bay of Platja de l'Arenal. Catering mostly to tourists – given the location – an excellent place to lunch. Very good service, the menu a mix of Spanish and other European cuisines, the seafood and asparagus tapas dishes were perfect.

Alma Del Mar By Freda. Also in Arenal, this was a must do for us: it’s a Swiss restaurant run by a delightful Swiss couple. Why eat Swiss when in Spain? Why not…
Fondues, raclettes, croutes, all manner of meat dishes, we’re heading back there this evening for a traditional Genevois supper of filets de perches avec frites – aka fish’n’chips Swiss style.
We stayed “a bit late” ;) with the owners the other evening discussing everything under the sun, putting the world to rights, killing off a bottle of Abricotine etc.

Back to the port area of Xàbia/Javea is Restaurante Sotavent which is mostly off the tourist radar, Spanish/Mediterranean, superb service, excellent menu, and food to match. We arrived at 22:20 on a Saturday evening, were given the last tiny table available to wait, then moved to a much more comfortable table after about 10 minutes. Extensive tapas menu, which we stuck with. I got hooked on the aubergine with honey…

One thing I missed in CH (and also so far in BE) is a decent curry house. There are six or seven in Javea, but our host (having tried all of them over the last couple of years) suggested Curry Palace, bang next to the port. Nepalese, huge menu, super service and after far too many years without a ‘proper’ curry, a fantastic experience.

Et voila. :lol:

Glad you had a good time it,s a very nice area to vist