Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The rest is still unwritten....

The rest is still unwritten....

Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:35 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The rest is still unwritten....

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
Hi everyone,

Left Benidorm 11pm Friday evening, arrived Cherbourg 5pm Saturday! Non stop and 1800 kms, that includes an extra 200km cos I forgot to turn left at Valencia! Oh well !

Pet passports were fine for the dogs and only took a 5 minutes check at Cherbourg so that was really easy.

Dogs were in kennels on ferry for 16 hrs but were really good. The were a bit desperate for a wee when we got to Rosslare. The floodgates really opened!

Got to Durrus Cork on Sunday tea time and so have spent the last few days settling in and having a few of the black stuff!

Hope you are all well...

Wow! That was some motoring Thanks for posting and letting us know you are safe and well. I still have another 5 months to wait. Won't be so bad once the sun comes out again but it's grey and miserable here at the moment
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:46 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone and sincere thanks all for your good wishes.

We are here, we are on the net and we are still unpacking.

It has been a glorious, yet tiring, 6 days. It seems we brought the sun with us, although today is a bit cold and foggy, but still looks beautiful and the cottage is lovely and warm.

Our pip survived the plane journey and all went like clockwork. Even our things arrived a day earlier than planned (Sunday instead of Monday). Our bike arrived on Tuesday (unscratched thankfully, but filthy) and we've been going mad shopping for various bits and pieces of furniture & electric appliances. So aside from our credit card taking a beating, we're all fine and very happy.

Must go and buy some food supplies, so I'll say bye bye for now.

Sarah, I read your news and glad you arrived safely as well. I hope you're as happy as we are about the move

Martha

P.S. Hope everyone has a happy valentine's day!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

It has been a glorious, yet tiring, 6 days. It seems we brought the sun with us, although today is a bit cold and foggy, but still looks beautiful and the cottage is lovely and warm.

Our pip survived the plane journey and all went like clockwork. Even our things arrived a day earlier than planned (Sunday instead of Monday). Our bike arrived on Tuesday (unscratched thankfully, but filthy) and we've been going mad shopping for various bits and pieces of furniture & electric appliances. So aside from our credit card taking a beating, we're all fine and very happy.

Sarah, I read your news and glad you arrived safely as well. I hope you're as happy as we are about the move

Martha

Glad to hear that all has gone well for you both. Enjoy your new life and please keep in touch.

Rosemary
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Glad to hear that all has gone well for you both. Enjoy your new life and please keep in touch.

Rosemary
Glad you are all ok, like rosemary says, keep in touch. ;-)
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:09 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM

Martha

Hi Martha
Glad youve all arrived safe and well and glad youve settled in so quickly - well done
Take care
Love Sam xxx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Martha

So glad to know that you, Pip and all your belongings have arrived safely.
It sounds like you've achieved an awful lot in so few days; I honestly didn't expect you'd get the Internet sorted so quickly

The cottage sounds beautiful..............and I'm really glad to hear that it's warm!

Please keep in touch, and let us know how it's all going.

Happy Valentine's day to you both; and let's hope this year will be the start of something wonderful for the two of you, and for Sarah also.

Sending love and hugs,
from Sam and Shiloh (minus Keith on Valentine's day He's away for another 5 weeks yet!!)