Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Resident/Non Resident Bank Account

Resident/Non Resident Bank Account

Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:49 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident/Non Resident Bank Account

Just to inform everyone we changed our bank account over to a Residents' a few weeks ago, absolutely no probems, even the Direct Debits changed over for us. The only difference is the Account number.

AND we got registered for the Internet Banking, were given a free lesson on how to use it by the Bank Manager and got a free mouse mat!!

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Resident/Non Resident Bank Account

Originally Posted by scampicat
Just to inform everyone we changed our bank account over to a Residents' a few weeks ago, absolutely no probems, even the Direct Debits changed over for us. The only difference is the Account number.

AND we got registered for the Internet Banking, were given a free lesson on how to use it by the Bank Manager and got a free mouse mat!!

Which Bank?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat

We changed our two bank acocunts last year, all very simple, didn't have to even inform the UK people of the number change, the bank did that, old cards still work, was vey simple and painless
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:14 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Which Bank?
Caja Granada
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:43 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

well la Caxia web site and notting there about it and would get email very week from them

never put my NIE no to the back account yet
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:31 am
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by jurdyr
well la Caxia web site and notting there about it and would get email very week from them

never put my NIE no to the back account yet
?que?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
I know of people who had their non-resident account frozen when the bank realised they were actually resident. In your case, probably not likely after all this time!
Just searching the threads and discovered this. About a month ago I tried to pay money into our account and the bank wouldn't accept it??? It was explained to me that they have discovered I was a resident and my husband is non resident, (I tried to tell them this 18 months ago but they ignored me)the account is a non resident account as we opened it 4 years ago. Subsequently none of the direct debits are being paid and phone,mobile and internet services are being suspended unless I pay directly in cash. The bank say they are liasing with Madrid but they don't know how to deal with it. There is also a mortgage involved and I think this is causing them the main problem, as I would have thought it would be straightforward enough to close the bank account and open a new one in my name only. Meanwhile one month on I am no further forward. Any help or advise - do you think the mortgage needs to be changed? Any suggestions please, or has anyone been in a similar situation?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hondon Rock n Roll
Just searching the threads and discovered this. About a month ago I tried to pay money into our account and the bank wouldn't accept it??? It was explained to me that they have discovered I was a resident and my husband is non resident, (I tried to tell them this 18 months ago but they ignored me)the account is a non resident account as we opened it 4 years ago. Subsequently none of the direct debits are being paid and phone,mobile and internet services are being suspended unless I pay directly in cash. The bank say they are liasing with Madrid but they don't know how to deal with it. There is also a mortgage involved and I think this is causing them the main problem, as I would have thought it would be straightforward enough to close the bank account and open a new one in my name only. Meanwhile one month on I am no further forward. Any help or advise - do you think the mortgage needs to be changed? Any suggestions please, or has anyone been in a similar situation?
As you say can`t you just open an account at a different bank and close that one ?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:04 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
As you say can`t you just open an account at a different bank and close that one ?
You're corrct, the problem I would suggest, is the mortgage.

Take JDR's advice - open a new RESIDENT's account and move all direct debits to that (I know it's a pain, but it might be for the best).

With the mortgage, write to them (for your own safety) and let them sort it out!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Jdr & Snikpoh.

Thank you both for your replies, have taken your advice and written the letter requesting they close the bank account. Will open a resident account elsewhere. Will let them sort out the mortgage account as I am sure they will still want their payment each month.