Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Old Aug 16th 2020, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Originally Posted by Barriej
I will take a copy of the deeds to the flat.

We will be seeing our solicitor once we arrive and they can let me know what they will submit.
I'm covering my bases with regard to the income (sum) and have copies of my spanish accounts. UK bank account balences. Premium bonds and my pension statement.

Obviously I will forget the cats inoculation card so our residency wont be approved
Good luck hope it works out
Old Aug 16th 2020, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

The official government English FAQ, technically applicable across the land, is attached. Note the word 'padron' is nowhere featured.

Shame they couldn't have had a native English speaker proof read it but hey ho!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GUIA_BREXIT_ENG.pdf (1.96 MB, 99 views)
Old Aug 16th 2020, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
The official government English FAQ, technically applicable across the land, is attached. Note the word 'padron' is nowhere featured.

Shame they couldn't have had a native English speaker proof read it but hey ho!
For both my wifes application for TIE card under the new rules and my application for green card we never had to produce a padron certificate. We only signed on the padron after applying and being accepted for residency. That was Málaga region.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
For both my wifes application for TIE card under the new rules and my application for green card we never had to produce a padron certificate. We only signed on the padron after applying and being accepted for residency. That was Málaga region.
In my correspondence with Málaga Extranjería, they said padrón would be a useful evidence to have to prove when you arrived in Spain and your address, but they didn't say it was compulsory. Rental contract or Nota Simple (for property owner) would be alternatives.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

quixote is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for comments so far...I have an update now...

My friend in Sevilla province called Extranjeria again and was given a completely different story. They gave him a much more detailed (good) account of what we had to do and it was much more complicated than what he had been told the first time. Here's what they said:

1. First, apply for a cita with the policia nacional to request a NIE this is necessary to open bank accounts and to empadronarse. They told my friend an email address for the police -- asignación de NIE is not available using the online system for the Seville national police. (they said this could also be done at the consulate in London, but London does not have any appointments available and it seems that they issue a different kind of NIE for non-residents and won't issue it without a sworn explanation of what we plan to do as non-residents that requires NIE)

2. Next open bank accounts and get empadronamiento

3. Next, apply for registration as a resident by getting a cita previa with Extranjeria -- they will need: Spanish bank accounts (must have Spanish bank accounts, didn't specify the number of months of documents), padrón, sworn translations of any relevant foreign documents.

So...I wrote to the policia nacional to request an appointment as per (1) above. They wrote back this morning to ask why we wanted NIE. I explained that we are moving to Spain and they replied to say that as British citizens are no longer EU citizens as of a month and a half ago (obviously this is confusing the change in TIE procedure with us leaving the EU), we cannot apply for a NIE without first being residents so we should explain our situation to Extranjeria first.

I replied again explaining the steps that Extranjeria set out (as above) and now the police have written back with the following, directing me to make an online appointment choosing the following option: POLICÍA- CERTIFICADO Y ASIGNACIONES DE NIE NO COMUNITARIOS to apply for NIE de no residente.

I will do this now, does this process sound right to everyone?

My biggest worry now is that we might not be able to get 3 months' of bank statements in time for the end of the year.

Thanks for any advice.

Para el Certificado NIE DE NO RESIDENTE, tendrá que presentar la documentación que abajo se le indica . Una vez tenga toda la documentación tendrá que pedir cita en el siguiente enlace para la opción “POLICÍA- CERTIFICADO Y ASIGNACIONES DE NIE NO COMUNITARIOS”:

https://sede.administracionespublica...lus/index.html

Si en el momento de solicitar cita a través de la plataforma no hubiera, se informa que todos los días de Lunes a Viernes a las 8.30 de la mañana se liberan citas.

REQUISITOS:
  • No encontrarse en España en situación irregular.
  • Que sea solicitado por los intereses económicos, profesionales o sociales del extranjero.
  • Que se comuniquen los motivos por los que solicitan la asignación del número..

DOCUMENTACIÓN EXIGIBLE

Nota: con carácter general se deberán aportar copias de los documentos y exhibir los originales en el momento de presentar la solicitud. ( 1 persona 1 cita)
  • Impreso de solicitud en modelo oficial (EX–15) por duplicado, debidamente cumplimentado y firmado por el solicitante. Dicho impreso puede obtenerse en http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/...es2/index.html
  • Copia del pasaporte, título de viaje o cédula de inscripción, o documento de identidad si el solicitante es ciudadano de la Unión. En caso de ser ciudadanos extranjeros (fuera del espacio Schengen) fotocopia del pasaporte COMPLETO.
  • Comunicación de las causas económicas, profesionales o sociales que justifican la solicitud. En caso de CIUDADANOS EXTRANJEROS (fuera de la Unión Europea) deberá de documentarlo mediante certificado con sello y firma de la persona o entidad que se lo esté solicitando
PROCEDIMIENTO
  • Sujeto legitimado para presentar la solicitud: el extranjero o ciudadano de la Unión Europea, personalmente o mediante representación.
  • En caso de presentar la solicitud mediante representación, la fotocopia del pasaporte o carta de identidad tendrá que venir legalizada por la oficina consular de España con jurisdicción en el país en el que se ha expedido dicho documento
  • Lugar de presentación:
    • Desde España: en la Dirección General de Policía y de la Guardia Civil directamente, o a través de la Oficina de Extranjería o Comisaría de Policía de la provincia donde tenga fijado su domicilio.
  • Las tasas por la asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (N.I.E.): deberán abonarse con anterioridad a la resolución del procedimiento, Modelo 790 Código 012 “asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado” importe: 9,64€ → https://sede.policia.gob.es:38089/Tasa790_012/

Nota importante: Cuando se aporten documentos de otros países deberán estar traducidos al castellano o lengua cooficial del territorio donde se presente la solicitud.

Por otro lado, En caso de solicitarlo mediante representante toda fotocopia de documento público (pasaporte o Carta de identidad en caso de los ciudadanos de la UE) deberá ser previamente legalizado por la Oficina consular de España con jurisdicción en el país en el que se ha expedido dicho documento o, en su caso, por el Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores y de Cooperación salvo en el caso en que dicho documento haya sido apostillado por la Autoridad competente del país emisor según el Convenio de la Haya de 5 de octubre de 1961 y salvo que dicho documento esté exento de legalización en virtud de Convenio Internacional.

Para obtener más información sobre la traducción y legalización de los documentos se podrá consultar la hoja informativa.

P.D De esta información lo más importante es para solicitar la asignación de NIE como No residente, tiene que justificar para que lo necesita, si es para abrir una cuenta como me ha dicho, dicho banco le tendrá que expedir un documento donde diga que necesita un número de NIE para abrir la cuenta
Old Aug 17th 2020, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

quixote is an unknown quantity at this point

PS -- the difference between what Extranjeria and the police are saying seems to be:

1. police say that we should apply for non-resident NIE, Extranjeria did not specify that
2. The police are directing us to the non-EU citizens procedure for applying for a cita for NIE whereas Extranjeria seemed to be directing us to the route for EU citizens...as far as I understand it we ought to still be using the EU route during the transition year, but not sure it would make any difference.

Just posting this for others' info and in case anyone has any views or advice they can share with me!
Old Aug 17th 2020, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

This is always a problem in Spain. You ask 6 different officials and you get 6 different answers.

When I did mine in Barcelona they DEFINITELY wanted the Padron....they refused a mate of mine because he didn´t have his with him.

First of all you want the Extranjeria Office...the Immigration Office...specifically for UK citizens. That is Stage one

Stage 2 is fingerprinting at the Police station and Stage 3 is collecting the card about a month late.

At Stage one, I was worried that my pension from work goes into my UK bank account. I had statements downloaded from the internet to show them but they were in English and not translated. They didn´t even ask for them.....although that might be because I had a letter from my Spanish bank stating that had 35000 euros deposited with them. Perhaps that´s why they didn´t ask for proof of monthly income.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

You need to be using the EU route.
Although we left at the beginning of the year we have until 31 December to get all this done. The Residence Card will specifically state that we have rights under the Withdrawal Agreement.

Don´t forget also, when you have your residence card make an appointment with the DGT ...Spanish Traffic Office.....to change your UK driving licence to a Spanish one before the end of the year...or at least get the appointment before the end of the year, otherwise you will have to take a Spanish driving test..plus the theory test....all in Spanish.

The non-EU route is totally different and you will require a much higher monthly income to get residence.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

You could open a NON-resident bank account in Spain and then when you get your TIE change it over to a Resident account
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

You need to be quick...Start the proces ASAP...and although I did all mine without a Gestor it was VERY stressful......I would advise that you use one in your case as time is of the essence. You need everything done...or in the process of being done...by the end of December. Good luck.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Firstly the NIE has nothing to do with being EU or not it is simply a number that allows you do official things like open bank accounts , purchase property vehicles and pay taxes etc. I suppose nearest thing in UK is our national insurance number, it puts you on the system. They will obviously want to know what the purpose is for requesting the number. It can be obtained by residents or non residents. I was of the belief that a non resident applied as you have been directed by the police. However if one was obtaining residency (old green card system) then the NIE number was issued at same time as the green card as the green card has the NIE printed on it. Not sure if the new TIE card has changed that? In our case we had our NIE numbers already as we were non resident property owners when applying for residency.
​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

DavidKS is an unknown quantity at this point

I was under the impression, rightly or wrongly, that as long as the application process was started prior to 1st Jan 2021 then you had until June 2021 to complete it?
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Yes...I know the NIE has nothing to do with the EU. As far as I am aware the NIE can be obtained as part of the process of applying for the TIE.
I already had my NIE (on a white A4 sheet of paper issued by the Spanish Embassy in London)...
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

You may be right...but you need to have started the process by the end of the year as I said in my earlier post. Obviously people will still be arriving in December so as long as they start the process they should be ok. I´m not leaving anything to chance though. And don´t forget, it takes time to gather all the forms together once you have worked out what they will need.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by inbarcelona
Yes...I know the NIE has nothing to do with the EU. As far as I am aware the NIE can be obtained as part of the process of applying for the TIE.
I already had my NIE (on a white A4 sheet of paper issued by the Spanish Embassy in London)...
yes that's what I thought re NIE although thinking about it the ex 20 and 23 form do have a box to fill in with your NIE! But whether one can leave that blank and have an NIE issued at same time as the TIE card is made/issued I don't know because like you we already had NIE numbers. We didn't find either part 1 or 2 of the procedure stressful it was pretty straight forward following the guide that I put on previously, that was in Malaya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.