Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Old Aug 13th 2020, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Originally Posted by Joppa
Some ayuntamientos insist you have residence document (green certificate/paper, new TIE) for empadronamiento, sothat will rule out a sizeable number of applicants.
That is very true as always depends on your area. Having said that I can only speak from our experience Malaga Region. I think that now the initial application goes through the Extranjero office (part of immigration Department ) then they stick by the publisised requirements . The Policia National are now only really involved and concerned with the fingerprinting , checking photo and ensuring payment has been made via 790-12 followed by the making and issuing of the card. I would guess immigration simply stick simply to the rules they publish whereas in the past Police civilian employees used their own interpretation of requirements. I have experienced both methods old and new, the new system I found followed exactly the procedure per official details on how to apply and was straight forward and stress free. I could not fault Malaga Extranjero Office helpful , efficient and easy to deal with.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

quixote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobd22
That is very true as always depends on your area. Having said that I can only speak from our experience Malaga Region. I think that now the initial application goes through the Extranjero office (part of immigration Department ) then they stick by the publisised requirements . The Policia National are now only really involved and concerned with the fingerprinting , checking photo and ensuring payment has been made via 790-12 followed by the making and issuing of the card. I would guess immigration simply stick simply to the rules they publish whereas in the past Police civilian employees used their own interpretation of requirements. I have experienced both methods old and new, the new system I found followed exactly the procedure per official details on how to apply and was straight forward and stress free. I could not fault Malaga Extranjero Office helpful , efficient and easy to deal with.
Thanks - yes I got the impression they were saying it would be very straightforward, which would be great.

By the way, for the patron, they said they just needed to see passports and the contract, not the TIE. Small town in Seville province.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quixote
Thanks - yes I got the impression they were saying it would be very straightforward, which would be great.

By the way, for the patron, they said they just needed to see passports and the contract, not the TIE. Small town in Seville province.
That is more often than not what they require for the padron. The Ayuntamiento are quite happy for anyone to be on the padron as they get extra funds for each person being signed on it from regional government.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 11:55 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

That is more often than not what they require for the padron. The Ayuntamiento are quite happy for anyone to be on the padron as they get extra funds for each person being signed on it from regional government.
Only genuine residents should be on the padron. Many places do encourage non-residents to register but they should not.

Rosemary
Old Aug 13th 2020, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Only genuine residents should be on the padron. Many places do encourage non-residents to register but they should not.

Rosemary
Yes that's correct to be on the padron then your Spanish residence should be your habitual home not holiday home. Many townhalls ignore that because of receiving money from regional government for each signature. I seem to remember a few years ago regional government started checking re holiday homes and telling people who shouldn't be on the padron to remove themselves. Some Ayuntamientos then started asking for proof of residencia to allow you to sign on the padron.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Some people even had a phone call or visit from the local police about being on the padrón and were asked to confirm their residence.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

DavidKS is an unknown quantity at this point

I have read that you can get a temporary Padron in order to apply for residency
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidKS
I have read that you can get a temporary Padron in order to apply for residency
Depends on the ayuntamiento, some insist you produce your residence document, others let you register and ask you to return with TIE to update their record.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the ayuntamiento, some insist you produce your residence document, others let you register and ask you to return with TIE to update their record.
They do this at our town hall. You have to take the residency appointment details and you get the padron. If you don't return (don't know what the length of time is) you get removed.

Will find out the exact details when we arrive next week. Although we have been told that the new application system does not require padron (alicante region) as one of the proofs.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Padron isn't usually a required document, but as they need to see evidence of when you arrived in Spain and where you are living, padrón certificate (called volante) is a useful item.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Padron isn't usually a required document, but as they need to see evidence of when you arrived in Spain and where you are living, padrón certificate (called volante) is a useful item.
That's good to know.
So for arguments sake I could give the ferry crossing paperwork and copies of the electric bill as proof of arrival date and address????.

​​​​​ maybe!!!
Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Barriej
That's good to know.
So for arguments sake I could give the ferry crossing paperwork and copies of the electric bill as proof of arrival date and address????.

​​​​​ maybe!!!
For proof of address I think you will need either a copy of escrutira/nota simple or a rental contract.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

You don't even need a written rental contract. If you are staying with a friend or a relative, a letter written in Spanish signed by them confirming you are living there is enough, or they can accompany you to the padrón office and say so verbally.

Last edited by Joppa; Aug 15th 2020 at 9:40 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You don't even need a written rental contract. If you are staying with a friend or a relative, a letter written in Spanish signed by them confirming you are living there is enough, or they can accompany you to the padrón office and say so verbally.
Yes for signing on the padron, sorry I meant for residencia.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

For proof of address I think you will need either a copy of escrutira/nota simple or a rental contract.
I will take a copy of the deeds to the flat.

We will be seeing our solicitor once we arrive and they can let me know what they will submit.
I'm covering my bases with regard to the income (sum) and have copies of my spanish accounts. UK bank account balences. Premium bonds and my pension statement.

Obviously I will forget the cats inoculation card so our residency wont be approved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.