Reload this Page >

Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Old Aug 5th 2020, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

quixote is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

Hi All

I'm new to the forum and am planning a move to Spain with my wife. The plan is to move to Seville province where we have some friends, in the first instance at least. We will register for residency there.

I plan to engage a gestor, but I like to understand what's going on too, so I am trying to find out what the requirements and the procedure will be. The information about the procedure seems quite clear, but I can only find national-level info about the specific requirements. Those things say refer to your local authorities for information about specific requirements.

So my question is: does anyone know where the specific requirements for residency requirements of Brits during the transition year, registering in Seville, are published? Spanish is fine, in fact I'd prefer the original text in Spanish rather than a summary/translation from a non-official source.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5th 2020, 11:55 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency requirements in Andalucía/Sevilla

There are no regional changes to the residency process as it is handled by the nacional police. However, just how it is handled can differ from office to office, even from the guy on the desk on Monday compraed to the guy on Tuesday.

The financial conditions that are required are not laid down in the law, as the EU directive specifically says that is on an individual basis. Some places require a sum of money in your Spanish bank account (often around €6k to €9k). They may require the money to have been there for 3 months. Some will accept the fact that you own a house, the law even allows for credit card balances to be taken into account. Health insurance is another factor. Some insist on seeing the actual policy and will not accept any exclusions for pre-existing conditions or the need for co-payments, on the other hand there have been cases when an EHIC has been accepted.

The only cnear ertainty is that a UK state pensioner with an S1 health form will be accpted.

My advice. would be to ask your gestor in Sevilla.

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 5th 2020 at 11:57 am.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

If you email the Extranjeria in Seville, they may send you detailed requirements applicable to the province. I did that for Malaga and got both Spanish and English versions.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Fred.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Joppa. Good idea, I'll do that.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
If you email the Extranjeria in Seville, they may send you detailed requirements applicable to the province. I did that for Malaga and got both Spanish and English versions.
Thats exactly what I did and got all the information I needed, making the process simple and quick. If you look back through the threads to around 3 or 4 weeks ago when the application procedure changed there is a lot of good information that was posted.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 5:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There are two very different processes to get a TIE depending on whether you are currently resident. For which process did you get info from Sevilla?
Old Aug 5th 2020, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Like Joppa my contact was with Málaga Extranjero Office.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

OK -- could anyone echar un vistazo at my email? I'm not experienced in writing formal Spanish and would be grateful if anyone spots any errors, or can help if I've referred to the process wrong in some way.
Estimados Señores:

Soy un ciudadano británico y quiero solicitar residencia y la TIE bajo Artículo 50 TUE en Sevilla en el mes de septiembre de 2020.

Mi motivo en escribirles es pedir información sobre estas solicitudes. Les agradecería que me informaran de las condiciones y los requisitos para hacer los trámites.

Les saludo atentamente,
Old Aug 6th 2020, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by quixote
OK -- could anyone echar un vistazo at my email? I'm not experienced in writing formal Spanish and would be grateful if anyone spots any errors, or can help if I've referred to the process wrong in some way.
I can't see anything wrong with your email. To be honest when I contacted Málaga I kept the message as simple as possible and used Google translate. I got my questions answered so hopefully they will let you know what they will require from you. Good luck
Old Aug 7th 2020, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all, I have emailed them and will post if I hear back from them.

In the meantime, here are some more specific questions -- very grateful if anyone has any comments on these...
  1. Does anyone know how the financial requirement is interpreted in Seville? I have seen reports for other provinces that vary quite a bit. We should have enough savings to qualify that way, but may face complications on income if that's necessary as I am going to be made redundant and my wife is a director of a small business so doesn't have the standard payslip+payment every month.
  2. How are the financial requirements to be documented? I'm a bit worried about this because I've seen some saying they must be 3 months' worth and must be in a Spanish bank. We won't be able to open a Spanish bank account till the end of this month at the absolute earliest, will this be a problem?
  3. We plan to rent a flat somewhere and register on the padrón. We are quite flexible about where to live. Is there anything we ought to know when choosing where to live, how to arrange the tenancy, etc, that we could take into account to avoid difficulties later on?
  4. I would like to engage a gestor or lawyer to help us to make the applications, but have no experience of doing anything like that except for conveyancers in the UK, so I'm not sure where to begin. Any advice? Any recommendations, ideally in Seville province?
  5. Finally, has anyone heard of any problems arising for others in making this application? If there are possible pitfalls it would be useful to know about them in advance.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

FYI...

I haven't yet received any reply to my email enquiry, but a friend of mine called the Seville office for me and asked what documents would be required and they specifically said that evidence of empadronamiento is *not* required. He asked about it because he'd also checked with the local ayuntamiento to ask what foreigners need to do to get on the padron. That surprised me given what I have read on here.

I suppose we will see. Current plan is to get there beginning of September.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quixote
FYI...

I haven't yet received any reply to my email enquiry, but a friend of mine called the Seville office for me and asked what documents would be required and they specifically said that evidence of empadronamiento is *not* required. He asked about it because he'd also checked with the local ayuntamiento to ask what foreigners need to do to get on the padron. That surprised me given what I have read on here.

I suppose we will see. Current plan is to get there beginning of September.
That does seem strange but if that's what they say go with it although I would just do the padron before your meeting to be safe. You can do it in a day. You dont need to wait for it.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
That does seem strange but if that's what they say go with it although I would just do the padron before your meeting to be safe. You can do it in a day. You dont need to wait for it.
Some ayuntamientos insist you have residence document (green certificate/paper, new TIE) for empadronamiento, sothat will rule out a sizeable number of applicants.
Old Aug 13th 2020, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Some ayuntamientos insist you have residence document (green certificate/paper, new TIE) for empadronamiento, sothat will rule out a sizeable number of applicants.
Yes I see the point in that. I had to have the padron for my kids school enrolment so did that before registering. I suppose different provinces do it differently

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.