Residency Form

Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Residency Form

Can someone please tell me the number/name of the form of the residency certificate. I have looked at the free beer - is it EX16? Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency Form

Yes it is - you will also need a Form 790 to pay the tax of €6.80 at the Bank as you will need to produce the stamped receipt from the Bank before they will issue the Residency Certificate.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Yes it is - you will also need a Form 790 to pay the tax of €6.80 at the Bank as you will need to produce the stamped receipt from the Bank before they will issue the Residency Certificate.
Thanks. Can I print Form 790 from the free beer section or do I get that form at the police station?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Thanks. Can I print Form 790 from the free beer section or do I get that form at the police station?
I think Police Station they are in three parts, one for bank, one for you and one for Police - we keep a supply in the office ourselves so I am not asbsolutely sure about the Police Station.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:32 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Fill the EX16 in and take it to the police station with your passport (take photo copy as well to safe them doing it) they will do their paper work and give you the 790 to go to the bank nearest to the police station, pay tax and go back with signed 790. When you get back they will have your certificate waiting for you. We did ours in Cadiz, took less than 40 mins from start to finish, including a coffee after in the bar next door to the police station.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

As at last week these were the standing orders in our area

Original Passport + photocopy
Certificado de Empadronamiento (to be issued by the town hall of the municipality where residing i.e. Padron)
Original N.I.E. + photocopy
Request forms EX16 x 2 completely filled out but do not sign them before reaching Police Station - in our area you are turned away if you have signed them previously

and obviously we have already discussed the Tax Form 790
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:35 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Certificado de Empadronamiento (to be issued by the town hall of the municipality where residing i.e. Padron)
Request forms EX16 x 2 completely filled out but do not sign them before reaching Police Station - in our area you are turned away if you have signed them previously

We went armed with multiply copies of everything with us, didn't want to look at any of them only the passport. My advice to anyone going anywhere in Spain for anything is to take as many copies of everything with you....just in case
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

In many areas now you cannot sign on the padron until you have the residency certificate.

Legally they can only ask for sight of your passport. They will want to know your NIE number but the certificate is not required. They are no longer allowed to ask for photocopies or a padron certificate.

You only have to look on the back of the application form to see the requirements.

That said, they seem to make up the rules as they go along unless you take the trouble (and hassle) to challenge them.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

In Sept. 2007 I went to Malaga City (where I was working) I only needed my passport + photocopy and the receipt that I had paid. I was issued with the certificate immediately.
My OH went to our local police station on Jan. 7th 2008 and needed the above + the Padron certificate/form + photos and had to wait until this week to get the certificate.
I'm in the process of getting my childrens' birth certificates translated as they need ( at the local police statioon) all of what my OH took + original and translated birth certificates before I can get residency certificates for them.
It probably still won't be enough when I go back to police station but this is Andalucia!!!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well after queuing for an hour at the police station I was told we had come on the wrong day and to come back on Wednesday. To say that I am mad is understatement.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:42 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123;
Well after queuing for an hour at the police station I was told we had come on the wrong day
Don't you just love it here sometimes!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Today has just been a write off for me. Long story but I had my debit card accessed through voipcheap and loads of money taken and I had to cancel my card. And as it was a debit card and not a credit card I stand to lose all the money. A week ago I transferred money from my English bank acct to Spanish bank acct. No sign of the money yet. In this day of technology why should it take a week to transfer money? Then at the weekend my Vodofone contract was disconnected because the bill had not been paid because the transfer had not happened. On my visit to town today went to the Santander bank to pay the bill but they said I could only pay it on a Tuesday! Finally paid the bill at a Vodofone shop. After having had my card accessed decided a credit card would be a good idea. Went to my bank which I have been with for two years - BBVA - and they said no because I was not a RESIDENT. I then went to the bank next door and they said yes immediately, even though I am not a resident, and I collect the card in three days time. So basically I have a wasted day trying to get residency and a plus in that I am back on the internet and have a credit card arriving in three days time.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Today has just been a write off for me. Long story but I had my debit card accessed through voipcheap and loads of money taken and I had to cancel my card. And as it was a debit card and not a credit card I stand to lose all the money. A week ago I transferred money from my English bank acct to Spanish bank acct. No sign of the money yet. In this day of technology why should it take a week to transfer money? Then at the weekend my Vodofone contract was disconnected because the bill had not been paid because the transfer had not happened. On my visit to town today went to the Santander bank to pay the bill but they said I could only pay it on a Tuesday! Finally paid the bill at a Vodofone shop. After having had my card accessed decided a credit card would be a good idea. Went to my bank which I have been with for two years - BBVA - and they said no because I was not a RESIDENT. I then went to the bank next door and they said yes immediately, even though I am not a resident, and I collect the card in three days time. So basically I have a wasted day trying to get residency and a plus in that I am back on the internet and have a credit card arriving in three days time.
It can be frustrating, for sure
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

bonon is on a distinguished road

We live in Gibraleon, Huelva, we have tried repeatedly to get the Residency Certificate. The police stations in Gibraleon or Huelva know anything about this form 790 does anyone know how we go about it.
Brian O'Neil.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 11th 2008 at 8:41 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bonon
We live in Gibraleon, Huelva, we have tried repeatedly to get the Residency Certificate. The police stations in Gibraleon or Huelva know anything about this form 790 does anyone know how we go about it.
Brian O'Neil.
Its an EX16 you use for applying for residency. I think the other form is just the document they give you to take to the bank to have stamped