Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residency as EU family member

Residency as EU family member

Old Jul 10th 2021, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency as EU family member

Found this with regards sufficient income for Spanish citizens to bring in non EU direct relatives

https://balcellsgroup.com/family-member-eu-citizen/

Economic means needed: exact numbers

In the case that you are requiring to demonstrate the possession of sufficient economic means, what will that exact amount be?

It will depend on the number of family members you are willing to bring to Spain:
  • If you just want to bring one relative, € 627.13 per month (€ 8779.82 annually)
  • For two family members, € 885.36 per month (€ 12395.04 per year)
  • For three relatives € 1143.59 (€ 16010.26 per year)
  • For four € 1401.82 (€ 19625.48 per year)
  • And finally, for 5 family members: € 1660.05 (€ 23240.70 per year)
Old Jul 10th 2021, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

LisaA23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Found this with regards sufficient income for Spanish citizens to bring in non EU direct relatives

https://balcellsgroup.com/family-member-eu-citizen/

Economic means needed: exact numbers

In the case that you are requiring to demonstrate the possession of sufficient economic means, what will that exact amount be?

It will depend on the number of family members you are willing to bring to Spain:
  • If you just want to bring one relative, € 627.13 per month (€ 8779.82 annually)
  • For two family members, € 885.36 per month (€ 12395.04 per year)
  • For three relatives € 1143.59 (€ 16010.26 per year)
  • For four € 1401.82 (€ 19625.48 per year)
  • And finally, for 5 family members: € 1660.05 (€ 23240.70 per year)
This seems very similar to what the lawyer said. Although he isn’t “bringing 4 relatives” as the boys are Spanish, the lawyer said that he has to earn the 1400€ as proof he can pay for us all (as we are a family of 5). Frustrating that I don’t appear to count at all with regards to this amount of money
Old Jul 10th 2021, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaA23
This seems very similar to what the lawyer said. Although he isn’t “bringing 4 relatives” as the boys are Spanish, the lawyer said that he has to earn the 1400€ as proof he can pay for us all (as we are a family of 5). Frustrating that I don’t appear to count at all with regards to this amount of money
If it's any consolation, when Brits apply to bring spouses etc to UK , the income of the non Brit spouse is NOT taken into account either.

Must say, don't understand why, if your sons have Spanish citizenship, they would be included in the household number.
Old Jul 10th 2021, 9:36 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Read a bit earlier and compare it with the link to the government website.

The EU (or more specifically, Spanish) national must be working under a legal contract, studying in the country or with sufficient economic funds.
Working under a legal contract is the first two options.

Economic means is the third option.

Studying is the fourth option.

There is no threshold for the second option.

Economic means is for e.g. pensioners with a regular income, this does have a threshold.

Now why is the lawyer insisting on your husband applying under the third option, when the second option is available?

This guy is doing you no favours. All you need to do is reserve some time, read the government website, get the paperwork for the second option (autonomos) together, fill in modelo ex-19, and go to a police station.
Old Jul 11th 2021, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
This guy is doing you no favours. All you need to do is reserve some time, read the government website, get the paperwork for the second option (autonomos) together, fill in modelo ex-19, and go to a police station.
Agreed, just go to the police station with your paperwork and apply for residency.

Your lawyer is making a meal of it as many will with distressed British people post Brexit.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

He is newly autónomo. Lawyer strongly advises about using this and said he needs to find a contracted job for over 1400€. We live on my salary so don’t rely on state/any benefits.

I appreciate all your knowledge and experience
this is all wrong. I’m an autónomo and my asesora made it so I paid the relevant tax band to fulfil the self support requirement. My wife is a Peruvian national and we have a son together born in soon. She now has tarjeta de comunitaria dependant upon me. Seek a different asesora the one you have is terrible and wrong on all levels.

you’re the spouse of a national, so all you need to do is go to the local police station (or they will guide you to the next foreigners station) and get you started. Ensure you’re on the padrón.

you cannot use you’re U.K salary to prove self sufficiency as you’re not paying any taxes in Spain or employer by a Spanish employer. Paying it in to a Spanish bank account does not fulfil or even suffice this requirement. You could say you’re self employed yourself easily and pay the social seguridad path.

please seek a different asesora, the one you have is causing you delay and disruption to tour family life.

as an autónomo it doesn’t matter his income, he just pays a salary band (ie I earn a million a year so I need to pay 300€ a month in taxes - proof of payments is monies paid in to bank showing these payments to the tax house. If he has the declaración de renta this fulfils all requirements - especially if he’s in his first year it’s peanuts!).

if you’re boys have a Spanish passport then you don’t need to process them for anything at all as they reside with the father in their country of nationality. Reduce the requirement to yourself and it’s easier.

good luck

Last edited by breakfasttea; Jul 16th 2021 at 8:51 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

MiekeAndal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, very helpfull