British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Residency Certificate in Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/residency-certificate-spain-692117/)

marchena Nov 3rd 2010 8:20 pm

Residency Certificate in Spain

Is there somebody that know what documents are needed for applying for residency certificate and where to apply in Andalucia?

Hillybilly Nov 4th 2010 9:17 am

Re: Residency Certificate in Spain

You don't say where you live but if you live in Marchena (going by your username) you need to go to the Oficina de Extranjeros in Sevilla, Plaza de España. I think you'll find all the info you need re what docs are required in the free beer thread or in previous posts.

marchena Nov 4th 2010 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Hillybilly (Post 8960999)
You don't say where you live but if you live in Marchena (going by your username) you need to go to the Oficina de Extranjeros in Sevilla, Plaza de España. I think you'll find all the info you need re what docs are required in the free beer thread or in previous posts.

Thanks a lot

jdr Nov 4th 2010 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by marchena (Post 8961105)
Thanks a lot

As said, a trip to the local National police station would be best (go early), most of them now do it by appointment.
They will tell you exactly what you need and give you the appopriate forms to take on the appointment, as we have found that all areas differ in their regulations etc.

Fred James Nov 4th 2010 6:22 pm

You will need the form which can be downloaded from

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_16.pdf

You will also need your passport.

To be on the safe side, take a copy of the form and a copy of your passport and two photos. None of this is required officially but it has been asked for at some offices.

You will be given a form to take to the bank to pay the €10 tax. You return to the office with the stamped tax receipt and they should issue the certificate then - some offices my ask you to return for it later.

Checkala Nov 7th 2010 4:36 pm

I don't live in Andalucía so can't tell you where. But I can tell you that you need (i) passport (ii) padrón (iii) old tarjeta de residencia if you had one (€6 or thereabouts that you pay in a nearby bank). Probably you need to get an appointment first which might be anything from 1 month to 9 months hence! To get this you do battle with the surly officer at the entrance. That's the hard part - the actual appointment usually goes better. Take someone who has Spanish to get the appointment or be pre4pared to shout a little! ¡Suerte!

Originally Posted by Hillybilly (Post 8960999)

Fred James Nov 7th 2010 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Checkala (Post 8967322)
I don't live in Andalucía so can't tell you where. But I can tell you that you need (i) passport (ii) padrón (iii) old tarjeta de residencia if you had one (€6 or thereabouts that you pay in a nearby bank). Probably you need to get an appointment first which might be anything from 1 month to 9 months hence! To get this you do battle with the surly officer at the entrance. That's the hard part - the actual appointment usually goes better. Take someone who has Spanish to get the appointment or be pre4pared to shout a little! ¡Suerte!

Well, down here in Andalucia (Motril to be exact), you walk into the police station with your papers and get the certificate as soon as you have been to the bank and paid the tax - it's €10 now. Apart from the walk to the bank it took 10 minutes total.

You certainly do not need a padron certificate - in fact you cannot get that until you have the registration certificate.

That said, other offices may not be so switched on!

ForHotspot Mar 3rd 2011 7:34 am

Can anyone please confirm the required documents needed to apply for residencia? I only got NIE & title deeds for my house. If I turn up at Orihuela police station with these 2 plus my passport & padron, will I be able to apply for residencia without the pension?

I can't believe that my neighbor told me I need the pension to apply for residencia. Surely this is not true as there're a lot of people who are not pension age & still wanting to apply for residencia.

Can you also please tell me the office hours in Orihuela police station I presume?

Thanks.

snikpoh Mar 3rd 2011 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ForHotspot (Post 9214957)
Can anyone please confirm the required documents needed to apply for residencia? I only got NIE & title deeds for my house. If I turn up at Orihuela police station with these 2 plus my passport & padron, will I be able to apply for residencia without the pension?

I can't believe that my neighbor told me I need the pension to apply for residencia. Surely this is not true as there're a lot of people who are not pension age & still wanting to apply for residencia.

Can you also please tell me the office hours in Orihuela police station I presume?

Thanks.

As Fred said, it's those items you mentioned plus (possibly) 2 photos. You certainly do NOT need pension details nor your escritura!

ForHotspot Mar 3rd 2011 7:44 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 9214966)
As Fred said, it's those items you mentioned plus (possibly) 2 photos. You certainly do NOT need pension details nor your escritura!

Thanks. I'll take some photos but what's escritura?

I appreciate if anyone around Orihuela can tell me the office hours.

Fred James Mar 3rd 2011 7:56 am

I can't believe that my neighbor told me I need the pension to apply for residencia. Surely this is not true as there're a lot of people who are not pension age & still wanting to apply for residencia .

I can see where this came from - before they changed the rules on residency about 10 years ago you needed to prove that you had medical cover and sufficient income to live in Spain. Clearly, a UK state pension would be considered an adequate amount.

Incidentally the EU rules on residency still allow members states to impose these conditions - Spain chooses not to.

snikpoh Mar 4th 2011 6:10 am

Originally Posted by ForHotspot (Post 9214973)
Thanks. I'll take some photos but what's escritura?

I appreciate if anyone around Orihuela can tell me the office hours.

An escritura is the document that declares WHAT the property is and WHO owns it. Akin to the deeds in UK. (That name appears all over the document so have a look sometime.)

SueG Mar 4th 2011 8:22 am

Thanks.

For residencia you will only need to take your passport and NIE. Photographs are not required, nor is the padron or your title deeds or rental agreement.:)

ForHotspot Mar 4th 2011 8:30 am

Thanks very much everyone. Does anyone know whether any particular day of the week it will open in the Orihuela or Elche police station I presume & is it from 9am - 3pm?

Fred James Mar 4th 2011 10:11 am

Originally Posted by SueG (Post 9217247)
Photographs are not required,

That depends on the office and the individual staff.

They are not required but that doesn't stop them asking for them. I had to produce them recently yet I had been advised by another forum member, who went to the same office a week earlier, that they were not asking for them.

Similarly some offices will allow you to keep the old card, some won't.