residency

Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice
Question residency

Has anyone used a solicitor to apply for this? I notive that there appear to be companies that will accompany you through the process. What are your experiences and what costs are incurred? Is it worth it?

Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice
Default Re: residency

Originally Posted by celestine
Has anyone used a solicitor to apply for this? I notive that there appear to be companies that will accompany you through the process. What are your experiences and what costs are incurred? Is it worth it?

Thanks
sorry that should be notice!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Its about €6.85 if you go down there unaccompanied, the forums are easily downloaded, probably in free beer.

You have to apply for it yourself in person, although it is true that you can hire people to wait in the queue for you and ring you when your turn is near. All a solicitor will be able to do is fill in the form for you (which is simple) and send a clerk with you. No idea what it would cost, but here in Gandia the wait is often up to 5 hours!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:24 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I used a Solicitors runner to do ours, They fill out the forms and you do not
queue they do it for you 30 euros was all they charged, Saved the drive as well.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I used a Solicitors runner to do ours, They fill out the forms and you do not
queue they do it for you 30 euros was all they charged, Saved the drive as well.
So did you not have to be there too or do you mean they drove you? has anyone used anyone in Sevilla?

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So did you not have to be there too or do you mean they drove you? has anyone used anyone in Sevilla?

I mentioned it earlier .... You HAVE to apply in person. Someone can go with you, but you cant send someone to do it for you - someone could apply for your NIE for you, but apparantly not the Residencia
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I mentioned it earlier .... You HAVE to apply in person. Someone can go with you, but you cant send someone to do it for you
Yes, thankyou I was just querying the 2nd response to clarify. I had read and understood your response. I believe the use of upper case is incorrect etiquette as it is though of as shouting?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:33 pm
Senior Moment

Yes, thankyou I was just querying the 2nd response to clarify. I had read and understood your response. I believe the use of upper case is incorrect etiquette as it is though of as shouting?
Not for one word - its a way of highlighting what is said
I'm fairly aware of forum etiquette thank you
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hola celestine, in Sevilla the oficina de extranjeros is in the north tower of Plaza d'España. Beware though that in the north tower there are two queues and two offices. The one on the left is for EU citizens and the one on the right (just next door) is for non-EU. Parking near there is now difficult but if you park up and take taxi, it is the least hassle way and if you get there early enough, say 8ish in the morning you stand a chance of being at front of queue and get all NIE done and dusted well before lunchtime. You have to be there first, fill in forms and get processed, then go to nearby bank and pay the tax then come back to office with bank stamp on bill having paid and you pick up your NIE certificate. Thats how it used to work quite recently anyway.

p.s. the tax is around 7 euros or so.

If you want a gestor (not solicitor usually) to help you through it, of course it is possible but not realy worth it in my opinion.

Last edited by El Capitan; Jul 22nd 2008 at 2:23 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

palomablanca21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
You really don't need to employ a lawyer or Asesor (agent). If you are a European Union national then now all we have to do is just "solicitar inscripción en el registro central de extranjeros de la dirección general de la policia como residente comunitario con caracter permanente". It is actually less paperwork than before but a pain in the .... for id purposes as it does not serve as an id - no photo (which means that you will need to carry a photocpy of your passport for ID purposes when you pay for items etc)
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by palomablanca21
you will need to carry a photocpy of your passport for ID purposes when you pay for items etc)
I have a UK photocard driving licence I've never had to show my passport, even when stopped by the Guardia it's been sufficient
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

palomablanca21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, that will do too, I forgot to mention driving licence. My DNI card expires in Feb 09 so I will be carrying either a photocopy of one or the other
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Not for one word - its a way of highlighting what is said
I'm fairly aware of forum etiquette thank you
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:31 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

No we did not have to attend. All the papers were double checked with copies of passports etc and the runner attended. we did later pop in the police station reception with the receipt and the cards were handed over we got our cards just the week they changed to a bit of paper so we have the old photocard which is much better in my view and ok until 2011. Maybe they don't trust you mountain people and want to see the colour of your eyes/money and to show you the aerial photos of an illegal carport which the flying drone from the local constabulary took yesterday

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jul 23rd 2008 at 1:41 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by palomablanca21
Yep, that will do too, I forgot to mention driving licence. My DNI card expires in Feb 09 so I will be carrying either a photocopy of one or the other
Be aware that not all places will accept a photocopy of your passport, banks often dont as well as places like carrefour, perhaps a notarised copy would do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.