Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residencia Denied! Any info please!

Residencia Denied! Any info please!

Old Jan 8th 2017, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

monjue is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Residencia Denied! Any info please!

Hi all,

So just quickly.. I'm UK citizen, my wife is Australian.
We moved to spain 6 months ago.. i have already my residencia, then we lodged my wifes about 5 months ago. Everything seemed fine.. then we got a letter saying we need to provide means of income.. so we sent back bank statements etc.. in excess of 15,000 euros no work contracts at this stage due to my wife not been allowed and Im not working at this stage as we have savings.

So we have been waiting for another letter... nothing has arrived yet so we thought to check our online application (which you can do now) and it no longer says 'en tramite' (in process) but simply says 'resuelto - no favorable' on the 14/12/2016.

Can we appeal this decision? I presume when the letter finally arrives it will have some explanation to why it has been denied. This is obviously a shock to us as we have done everything correct and by the book.

Any advice would be very grateful.
Thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 1:02 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residencia Denied! Any info please!

Very strange. I didn't know you could apply online, thought it all had to be done at the extranjeria.

Why not pop down and ask them directly?

I presume that you both have (full) private health care?
Old Jan 8th 2017, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

monjue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Residencia Denied! Any info please!

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Very strange. I didn't know you could apply online, thought it all had to be done at the extranjeria.

Why not pop down and ask them directly?

I presume that you both have (full) private health care?
Thanks for the reply..

no you can't apply online. You can only check the progress of your application online.
We both have full health cover.. this was all submitted 5 months ago.

I guess popping down and asking directly is the next step.

Thanks.