Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica Telephone Solution For Chiclana??

Telefonica Telephone Solution For Chiclana??

Old May 20th 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Telefonica Telephone Solution For Chiclana??

Hi Everyone

I have today learned that Telefonica can supply what is called a Track2 telephone to anyone who is refused a landline connection.

As I understand how it works is that you pay Telefonica 150 Euros for installation and supply and in return you get Track2 telephone that uses mobile phone technology ie SIM cards at normal landline prices. You also have a normal 956 number.

Anybody out there have any more details - sounds the perfect answer for many people living in this area??

Last edited by mitzipurr; May 20th 2005 at 5:27 pm.
Old May 20th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica Telephone Solution For Chiclana??

Would you be able to use the internet on this method?
Old May 21st 2005, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by glynis
Would you be able to use the internet on this method?

Yes I think so but the speed is not very good and sometimes it disconnects.

To rub salt in the wound have heard that Telefonica plan to drop price to 29 euros for adsl and increase speed to 1mb. Anybody else heard this?
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

The Trak phones have been available for a while and are a solution and Telefonica do install them however in many areas Telefonica are reluctant to install and you can wait years - Worst case I know so far is a couple waiting over 3 years.

As an example Telefonica will continually stall or delay or refuse to install saying there is no infrastructure but they know (obviously) that they have the Trak solution available for areas not covered by landlines.

The fact that you and them know that you can get a Trak phone makes no difference and you can still wait ages.

Last month I heard from 2 different people saying that Telefonica are claiming not to even have the infrastructure for Trak phones !

The system isn't bad, I'd say slightly slower than landline dialup for internet and a big improvement over the old phones the Traks replaced.

To make matters worse for those waiting for a phone, the priority at the moment is to upgrade existing customers who are on the old "radio" phones.