Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Required documents for residency in Mallorca?

Required documents for residency in Mallorca?

Old Jan 11th 2016, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

lormar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Required documents for residency in Mallorca?

Well, we're now in the last few weeks of our countdown to our move to Mallorca at the end of this month...can't believe how fast the time is going, and we've still got so much to do!

Just wondering though if anyone would be so kind as to advise us on what kind of documents we need to apply for our NIE, register for residency and arrange a mortgage in the Campos area of Mallorca, and which ones we need for which forms/institutions?

We're European, so no need to worry about visas, hubby has an income and a non-resident bank account there so far, and I'm intending to go autonomo asap...however, we're wondering if we'll need long form birth certs from our homelands, or will a passport, marriage certificate, copies of passport photos and recent bank statements suffice?

Can anyone please advise us on those all-important first steps to take in order to get things flowing as soon as possible? Where should we start and what's the order of priority?
Hope you can help!
Many thanks!!
Old Jan 12th 2016, 10:46 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Required documents for residency in Mallorca?

It's been a long time since we did it, so I'm sure the process has changed. Really, Mallorca is no different than the rest of Spain in terms of documentation, so anyone who knows the current process in Spain can help.

You will need to have your marriage certificate officially translated to Spanish - or preferably, Catalan.

Mortgage - should be your last exercise, since banks will not lend until you have everything in order. But you can go to the bank of your choice, and I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you what you need.

Welcome in advance... I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's special...
Old Jan 12th 2016, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Never used my UK birth cert in 15 years in Spain. Yes you will need passports unless you want to take on Spanish bureaucracy suggest you employ a local professional adviser. Good luck.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

lormar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply Ami, always a fountain of knowledge for us newbies!! :-) We really appreciate you!

And yes Spainrico, we have passports...so those and our marriage cert will suffice! Delighted to hear it!! :-)

So now, to find a gestor....I don't suppose they're listed in the 'yellow pages' by any chance?
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

lesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond repute

We went NIE, followed by an hour in an office in Inca sorting out autonomous. Providing proof of paying into autonomous gave us residencia after an hour in another office in Palma.
I would say where ever you go to do anything take all your paper work, including your passport and bank details.
I think you have to be with a bank for six months before you can get a mortgage.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

All you need to produce is the completed application form EX18 and your passport and a copy of each. You need to provide proof of adequate income and health cover.

Birth and marriage certificates are not required.

All the requirements are listed here

Secretaría General de Inmigración y Emigración. Portal de la Inmigración
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

10 years ago since we moved, we didn't need out marriage licence ever. We did get a mortgage BEFORE we moved as we bought a house first, all done through estate agent, gestor, lawyer and notary.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Lucy Kuster is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with your move!!- I am hoping to move to Mallorca this year from the Uk but am worried about finding work too and hope you keep us posted with how you and your family get on!!
Old Feb 7th 2016, 5:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucy Kuster
Good luck with your move!!- I am hoping to move to Mallorca this year from the Uk but am worried about finding work too and hope you keep us posted with how you and your family get on!!
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary