Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Repsol and their agents. How to complain?

Repsol and their agents. How to complain?

Old Aug 31st 2022, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

softlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Repsol and their agents. How to complain?

I had a gas check done (I'm on butane/propane) a few months ago by a Repsol and it was passed. The bloke who I paid said they preferred to send the paperwork now by email rather than do a hard copy (reasonable, I thought). Thing is I am still waiting for the paperwork several months on despite numerous messages sent by email and numerous message left on their voicemail. Where do I go from here? They are an agency who work with Repsol products. Does anybody have an address or email I can send something off or better still a phone number so I can make an official complaint? I'm sure Repsol are a reputable company and would not like to be associated with these cowboys. Any help/advice/observations welcome. Thanks.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Repsol and their agents. How to complain?

Did you arrange the safety check direct with Repsol or did this person turn up at your door saying he was from Repsol? If the latter it's probably a scam. Often people knock on the door saying and looking like Repsol saying they can do a safety check. Unless you have arranged it don't let them in.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, it was through a legit company. I use them to order my Repsol gas bottles and have done for years, so it wasn't a scam or anything. Just the customer service side leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for the reply in any case.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by softlad
Yeah, it was through a legit company. I use them to order my Repsol gas bottles and have done for years, so it wasn't a scam or anything. Just the customer service side leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for the reply in any case.
That's good in that case see if you can get an email address and email them. I have found that the best way of resolving issues here. They do tend to respond to emails as you have a record of your enquiry. Worth a go i keep my requests simple and send in Spanish and English using Google translate. Its always worked for me. Here's an email address for Repsol customer services [email protected] Good luck

Last edited by bobd22; Aug 31st 2022 at 11:08 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent. Thanks again. My Spanish is fairly good so I just normally send it emails in Spanish.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 7:30 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

If a complaint to the company is ignored, the next step is getting into contact with your comunidad autonoma's consumer protection office. You should be able to call them and go over what happened.

They will probably say you should fill out a hoja de reclamaciĆ³n explaining the facts (i.e. what you had done and when and how much was paid, date and time of further inquiries and complaints which went unanswered, hard copy of email complaints already sent directly to the company) and how you expect the issue to be resolved (you want the certificate to be issued).

And hopefully that should get the agency moving.

Last edited by DLC; Sep 1st 2022 at 7:33 am.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Pleased to report my emails over several weeks have finally born fruit and I was emailed the paperwork I should have got in June yesterday evening. Thanks for all your advice, folks.