Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

reprting someone to the tax and vat guys in spain

reprting someone to the tax and vat guys in spain

Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reprting someone to the tax and vat guys in spain

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
So ... let me get this right

The OP's wife managed to get a job in Spain and hold on to it. That takes some doing in the countries present circumstances. She asks for a contract, is never given one despite asking many times, yet some of you here think she should have just flounced out of the bar, leaving what (probably) badly in needed income she had behind .... am I getting this right?
Yes , Brits have options that keep it legal ....go back to the UK , flip burgers for Macdonalds if needs be.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:15 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Yes , Brits have options that keep it legal ....go back to the UK , flip burgers for Macdonalds if needs be.
Forgive me for saying this (and not specifically aimed at you) I would be absolutely amazed if some of the self righteous judges on here had not "broken the rules" at some time or another, so please ..... dont play the holier than thou card with me
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

So ... let me get this right

The OP's wife managed to get a job in Spain and hold on to it. That takes some doing in the countries present circumstances. She asks for a contract, is never given one despite asking many times, yet some of you here think she should have just flounced out of the bar, leaving what (probably) badly needed income she had behind .... am I getting this right?
IMHO - Good summary!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:23 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
IMHO - Good summary!
Yep!

It never ceases to amaze me really. The way people get hung drawn and quartered on this forum. This question could have been answered so simply, without even descending to abusively calling people .... well, I wont say it because its been deleted

Why do you do it? I really have no idea. It was long term poster, probably now gone because he dared to ask a controversial question
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sensationalfrog
I really have to clarify as well,my wife is in no way trying to avoid paying tax and social security,certainly the latter would help with heathcare etc but getting a contract from an employer is hard as it costs them more money,i guess you didnt know that either,are some of you so stupid that you dont see that or are you just too far from the real world of working and keeping a job in spain, it is hard,get back to your G and T by the pool wahwhawhawha,this I might add is the first time ever that I have asked for advice on an internet forum,had internet since 1992,its a shame that this forum has so many people that just want to abuse you,shame on you all,moderaters you also should take a look at what is posted by some people,as they really do not understand situations that they comment on but as the have a a few thousand posts under their belts they can do no wrong it seems

Geeze....you're posting on a public forum and don't like the responses you've been given. So some folks don't agree with what you are proposing and voice their objections to it. So you respond like this?

Get used to it. It's a public forum. What did you expect?

And for what it's worth, I don't agree with you dobbing someone in for not paying tax. I have neighbours that earn a lot more than me but don't declare anything. I can't say I blame them. My tax bill went up by about 1500€ last year - my income didn't change. We're all having to pay for the enrichment of our rulers. We're all in ours together - they're all in theirs together.

And if you really objected to the hygiene you should have left long ago.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
My husband is JLFS, a former/banned member of this forum, (one of the few Spanish posters on BE),
No idea what he got banned for, but I enjoyed his contributions, give him my regards!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:34 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
No idea what he got banned for, but I enjoyed his contributions, give him my regards!
Me too
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
Geeze....you're posting on a public forum and don't like the responses you've been given. So some folks don't agree with what you are proposing and voice their objections to it. So you respond like this?

And for what it's worth, I don't agree with you dobbing someone in for not paying tax. I have neighbours that earn a lot more than me but don't declare anything. I can't say I blame them. My tax bill went up by about 1500€ last year - my income didn't change. We're all having to pay for the enrichment of our rulers. We're all in ours together - they're all in theirs together.

Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:48 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by billgates

He didnt expect to get called SCUM by someone, which is what actually happened!

And now here we are openly condoning tax evasion ... excellent
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:50 am
Senior Moment

Hold on ......

OP's wife should stick by the rules, but you are saying amen to someone openly condoning tax evasion??
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Forgive me for saying this (and not specifically aimed at you) I would be absolutely amazed if some of the self righteous judges on here had not "broken the rules" at some time or another, so please ..... dont play the holier than thou card with me
I dont claim to be whiter than white but both the OP and the bar were taking the **ss , Ive always paid NI and taxes and employee`s were legal .
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:58 am
Senior Moment

I dont claim to be whiter than white but both the OP and the bar were taking the **ss , Ive always paid NI and taxes and employee`s were legal .
But you just applauded someone who was saying that tax avoidance is OK????
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hold on ......

OP's wife should stick by the rules, but you are saying amen to someone openly condoning tax evasion??

I dont condone tax evasion ,the OP pays his taxes , he thinks his neighbors don`t , he says he does not blame them but does not say its right .
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Hold on ......

I believe there's a difference between minor tax evasion and blatant theft.
What the government are doing is daylight robbery. They go after the easy targets - the people who already pay tax because they already have their details on file.
They don't operate a fair system. I pay my tax - as little as I can get away with because I just want a peaceful life and to be left alone.
On the other hand, I can't blame anyone else for trying to avoid being robbed when the government won't bother to collect any tax from the large corporations that can afford to pay it.
And government is full of politicians and most politicians are crooks themselves.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:46 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone believes it's OK to blatantly evade taxes, but I admit I have some difficulty just sitting by and watching taxes go up and up whilst benefits go down and down, without questioning it, and doing my best to avoid paying more tax than I absolutely need to. And if you're honest with yourself (and smart), you do too.

Now if you want to argue that paying more tax is the right thing to do in a crisis, then ask yourself what is the single most important metric of economic growth? Might it be: consumer spending?

Spending is something we are less and less able to do because we pay more and more of it in taxes to make up for the crisis, since nobody has jobs and therefore buy fewer products from Spanish businesses, who therefore have to further cut their workforce, and therefore impose ever-increasing burdens on the social system, leading to more taxes and burdens on the remaining few who have an income.

Think about it. The spiral really needs to go the opposite direction, doesn't it?

Seems to me that if you don't have better things to worry about than whether your neighbour is paying "her fair share" or not (or even worse, taking steps to self-police your neighbour), then things must be pretty farking good for you, to justify being so sanctimonious about it.

So, do you pay your "fair share"? Really? Are you sure?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.