Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Representative wanted for Pool industry

Representative wanted for Pool industry

Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Poolguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Representative wanted for Pool industry

Hope that its allowed to invite anyone to contact me who is living in Spain near the coast (mid) and speaks Spanish and English fluently to work with me in the Swimming pool industry.

That'll be a PM or a post but I do need help and quickly.

Andrew
Poolguy
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Representative wanted for Pool industry

Originally Posted by Poolguy
Hope that its allowed to invite anyone to contact me who is living in Spain near the coast (mid) and speaks Spanish and English fluently to work with me in the Swimming pool industry.

That'll be a PM or a post but I do need help and quickly.

Andrew
Poolguy

I guess that there is nobody out there interested in potentially well paid work then. I guess I had better advertise elsewhere.

Andrew
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:41 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

I guess that there is nobody out there interested in potentially well paid work then. I guess I had better advertise elsewhere.

Andrew
You will have little luck when advertising a job stating 'Fluent in Spanish & English'
This is a problem here on the coast, many of us Brits speak good conversational spanish, others basic spanish but Fluent Spanish is a whole different ball game.
Many of us will need another few years here, speaking spanish daily in order for it to become fluent.

Living and working in an English speaking enviroment simply slows progress even further.

Anyway....best of luck
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBull
You will have little luck when advertising a job stating 'Fluent in Spanish & English'
This is a problem here on the coast, many of us Brits speak good conversational spanish, others basic spanish but Fluent Spanish is a whole different ball game.
Many of us will need another few years here, speaking spanish daily in order for it to become fluent.

Living and working in an English speaking enviroment simply slows progress even further.

Anyway....best of luck
I think you`re right there, I dont know any Brits who can speak Spanish fluently, conversational yes.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritBull

Anyway....best of luck

Thanks for the replies

I'd settle for conversational Spanish... the translation I can use an agency so that can be removed.

What I need is someone who is confident enough in spanish to Sell products to Pool builders in Spanish. I'm doing that at the moment in France and I'm no way fluent in French.

If I cannot find a native speaker who also speaks english then I'll settle for an English speaker who can sell in Spanish. I guess that means Catalan as well.. although I am not sure how much influence that has on things. It might mean two or three different people for different regions.

Andrew
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies

I'd settle for conversational Spanish... the translation I can use an agency so that can be removed.

What I need is someone who is confident enough in spanish to Sell products to Pool builders in Spanish. I'm doing that at the moment in France and I'm no way fluent in French.

If I cannot find a native speaker who also speaks english then I'll settle for an English speaker who can sell in Spanish. I guess that means Catalan as well.. although I am not sure how much influence that has on things. It might mean two or three different people for different regions.

Andrew
So really you dont want an expat, you want a Spaniard to sell to Spanish pool builders.?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
So really you dont want an expat, you want a Spaniard to sell to Spanish pool builders.?
I don't really have strong preferences like that, but I do need someone would can speak with Spanish people and english people, be they pool builders or pool owners.

What is very important, is energy, iniative, professionalism and commitment.

This is a business where anyone can find a good living but there are no free rides - those who do the work get rewards.

I want to work with people who have the grit.

Andrew
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tom for contacting me

Details are on their way and I am sure that there will be a lot to talk about.

Future of this product in Spain will be very good so its a great start for any new business.

Anyone else interested please contact me.

Andrew
Old Dec 17th 2005, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to the others who have contaced me as well

Information is on the way and it will be no time before we can get started.

Good luck and Merry christmas to all and a properous new year.

Andrew