Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

repossesions, people moving back to uk from esuri

repossesions, people moving back to uk from esuri

Old Jul 20th 2009, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

dilly dally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default repossesions, people moving back to uk from esuri

Hi sorry i can,t be a bit more jovial with my thread I would like to know how many other people on esuri are just about hanging on to there holiday home dream??
We have all worked very hard over the years to finally be able to buy a place in the sun, and i personally since november 2008 have found things very difficult and came very close to handing my place back to the bank.

Does any body know wether repossessions have taken place on esuri and if so are they english people or a mixture of all nationalities?? I am sure im not the only one who has lost a few sleepless over the current situation of esuri

And for people who are living there, Do you think things are picking up for ayamonte and easier and are local business and bars both english and spanish reporting that things are getting better this summer than last?? you people have your finger on the pulse and are better qualified to answer weather people have stopped returning to the uk and are finding more work is available to them than 6 months ago because if they are it can only be good news for future
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:40 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: repossesions, people moving back to uk from esuri

Hi Dilly Dally

Sorry things are not looking too bright for you, the £ - Euro rate is certainly a downer however the interest rate being reduced is a help for those of us with mortgages. We have a Euro mortgage and are paying much less now that when we started it over 3 years ago due to the low Spanish int rate but the exchange rate means that the money we owe on the property has risen. I wish I could give you some uplifting news but maybe others who live in the area can be of more help with the questions you are asking. All the best Mel
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

I can't comment on Esuri repossessions because the only owners I know are very happy with their purchases, both Spanish and Brits.

As to repossessions, people are struggling all over. My bank manager has a bookfull of names of people behind on their mortgages. If you are having trouble then this is the time to speak to the banks as they are endeavouring to come to an agreement to lighten the load for property owners.

People are tightening their belts the world over. Yes, some are leaving to go back to the UK or partners are commuting back and fro to make ends meet. But Ayamonte seems to be as busy as this time last year (you still can't find a parking space!!). Whether people are spending is another matter because the popular bar/restaurants do seem to be busy but at times like these the strongest will survive. And the local Chinese businesses are thriving, they have just opened another one in town!!

Last edited by Sharon B; Jul 30th 2009 at 12:04 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:56 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sharon B
I can't comment on Esuri repossessions because the only owners I know are very happy with their purchases, both Spanish and Brits.

As to repossessions, people are struggling all over. My bank manager has a bookfull of names of people behind on their mortgages. If you are having trouble then this is the time to speak to the banks as they are endeavouring to come to an agreement to lighten the load for property owners.

People are tightening their belts the world over. Yes, some are leaving to go back to the UK or partners are commuting back and fro to make ends meet. But Ayamonte seems to be as busy as this time last year (you still can't find a parking space!!). Whether people are spending is another matter because the popular bar/restaurants do seem to be busy but at times like these the strongest will survive. And the local Chinese businesses are thriving, they have just opened another one in town!!
Beach bars are doing well as well........
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Beach bars are doing well as well........
Beach bars in Canela always do alright July, August, they do have a captive audience. But whether they will do enough in those 4 months to enable then to survive throughout the rest of the year is another matter. What do you think Jur? Does it seem quieter to you this summer?
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:58 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Beach bars in Canela always do alright July, August, they do have a captive audience. But whether they will do enough in those 4 months to enable then to survive throughout the rest of the year is another matter. What do you think Jur? Does it seem quieter to you this summer?
Where I work it´s busier than the years before, but there are more Spanish than British around than usual. I think that the Spanish go more to the chiringuitos this year because in general they are cheaper than restaurants.

Then again, I had a couple of Heineken´s at the Playa Alta beachbar where they charged € 2,50 per bottle

And my kid´s icecreams at € 2,80 (per icecream!)

More in the restaurant thread......