Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Replacement UK number plate

Replacement UK number plate

Old May 19th 2021, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

shacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacement UK number plate

Hi, my uk number plate has fallen off my car. Is it possible to get a replacement done in Spain?
Old May 19th 2021, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Replacement UK number plate

Hi, the short answer is NO. You will need to go online to Amazon where several UK suppliers will make you a plate and send it to a UK address without too much fuss. You then need to export it by post to your SP address and hope it gets there not held up by brexit. Spanish plates are entirely different format and will not comply. They are also metal ( stamped) and not perspex as UK.
Old May 19th 2021, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Not in spain, but you can go and buy one in Gibralter.

Its an official car spares shop, i assume that i´m allowed to tell you where ?

Go accross the runway, turn left at the roundabout towards the caleta hotel, and about 200m down on the right theres a motor spares shop. they make them on the premises. Just ask for it with GB on the sticker not GBZ.
Old May 19th 2021, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

This place advertises making and shipping to EU cost of shipping to eu is £25 mind plus cost of the plate.
https://www.platesforcars.co.uk/
Old May 19th 2021, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

You are supposed to show your V5 or something that proves you own the vehicle.
Number plates should not be made without ID anymore, I found this out last year when I went to get new plates for a trailer.

See here.

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number...plates-made-up

But I suppose you could just get one made off the internet without the above.
Old May 19th 2021, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
You are supposed to show your V5 or something that proves you own the vehicle.
Number plates should not be made without ID anymore, I found this out last year when I went to get new plates for a trailer.

See here.

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number...plates-made-up

But I suppose you could just get one made off the internet without the above.
That has been the case for quite a while now certainly in around 2005 I had to provide ID and vehicle registration docs when I had one made. No idea how they get around it online?
Old May 19th 2021, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobd22
This place advertises making and shipping to EU cost of shipping to eu is £25 mind plus cost of the plate.
https://www.platesforcars.co.uk/
thanks everyone, this looks like the way to go for me
Old May 19th 2021, 8:20 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

How come you have a UK registered car in Spain?
Old May 19th 2021, 8:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind that any plates you order over the Internet without showing a V5C won’t be road legal. The seller will usually refer to them as ‘show plates’ to get around this. That being said they are unlikely to cause you problems in Spain or the UK if they are standard format and otherwise comply with the relevant British Standard.
Old May 19th 2021, 9:47 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to check for the correct ident should be post Brexit. It should be GB with a union jack not euro flag?
Old May 19th 2021, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
How come you have a UK registered car in Spain?
Well now that you ask, it's a classic car brought over in Jan, some restoration work completed and driving back to uk when kids finish at school next month. Please, only useful comments!
Old May 19th 2021, 10:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
You might want to check for the correct ident should be post Brexit. It should be GB with a union jack not euro flag?
You can do that or have no flag/GB symbol at all but you can’t have the EU flag symbol on new plates. Regardless of which option you choose you also need a GB sticker to drive in Spain.
Old May 19th 2021, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can do that or have no flag/GB symbol at all but you can’t have the EU flag symbol on new plates. Regardless of which option you choose you also need a GB sticker to drive in Spain.
good point, thanks
Old May 20th 2021, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know where to get the stickers? I need the Spanish one as I'm travelling next week and my plate doesn't have the E.
Old May 20th 2021, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shacho
Hi, my uk number plate has fallen off my car. Is it possible to get a replacement done in Spain?
Curious.

As you're resident what are you doing/planning to do with a car on UK plates because you can't drive it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.