Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renting my place in BCN - Agent rushing things!

Renting my place in BCN - Agent rushing things!

Old Feb 13th 2019, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

citizen_of_Barcelona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting my place in BCN - Agent rushing things!

I am trying to rent my apt in BCN via a property managment firm, the agent is advising me to to try to rent it asap even if that require sharp decrease on our target price. While I’m no expert in the rental mkt in BCN much I find this advise a bit irrational, especially in such a slow time of the year. The property is in a fantastic location, new bldg, and fully furnished, my business sense says it’s better to be patient. Any relevant experience?
Old Feb 14th 2019, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting my place in BCN - Agent rushing things!

Originally Posted by citizen_of_Barcelona View Post
I am trying to rent my apt in BCN via a property managment firm, the agent is advising me to to try to rent it asap even if that require sharp decrease on our target price. While I’m no expert in the rental mkt in BCN much I find this advise a bit irrational, especially in such a slow time of the year. The property is in a fantastic location, new bldg, and fully furnished, my business sense says it’s better to be patient. Any relevant experience?
Of course the property management firm might just want the business before you go elsewhere, or the price is indeed too high? Even if it's in a fantastic location, you still need people who can afford the rent.
This is an interesting read and how bad it is for renters in Barcelona Barcelona Rental Market Is Out of Control
Your business sense says it's better to be patient but don't you also want to have tenants who look after the place and what kind of tenants (houseshare, family, single etc.)? I feel that tenants will appreciate the place more, if the landlord isn't just focused on getting the maximum rental price. The balance needs to be right.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:27 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

If you post a link to your property details, we might be better able to comment.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 8:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile View Post
If you post a link to your property details, we might be better able to comment.
Whilst I understand that you have suggested this action in order to assist it would not be advisable because it could be viewed as advertising which is against the rules.

Rosemary
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:01 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Rosemary, perhaps OP can post details e.g. 3 bed apartment long term rental at … €
Old Feb 19th 2019, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013 View Post
Of course the property management firm might just want the business before you go elsewhere, or the price is indeed too high? Even if it's in a fantastic location, you still need people who can afford the rent.
This is an interesting read and how bad it is for renters in Barcelona Barcelona Rental Market Is Out of Control
Your business sense says it's better to be patient but don't you also want to have tenants who look after the place and what kind of tenants (houseshare, family, single etc.)? I feel that tenants will appreciate the place more, if the landlord isn't just focused on getting the maximum rental price. The balance needs to be right.
Thank you for the article. I totally agree with you. But property managers also complicates matters since they work on volume and it's in the best interest is to just rent.

Old Feb 19th 2019, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile View Post
Sorry Rosemary, perhaps OP can post details e.g. 3 bed apartment long term rental at … €
I didn't put details or link just not to violate the rules as Rosemary mentioned and really because I'm just sharing a concern not trying to advertise. However, to make it easier to understand my concern it is a small one bedroom apartment, fully furnished including new TV and kitchen sets and electronics, quality finish, a block away from sea with all sort of transportation, schools, gardens....relatively new building as well, exterior, some design items....we priced it originally at 1,300 targeting segments of higher disposable income, expats or locals who work for tech/banks since it's close to the centre of both industries.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by citizen_of_Barcelona View Post
I didn't put details or link just not to violate the rules as Rosemary mentioned and really because I'm just sharing a concern not trying to advertise. However, to make it easier to understand my concern it is a small one bedroom apartment, fully furnished including new TV and kitchen sets and electronics, quality finish, a block away from sea with all sort of transportation, schools, gardens....relatively new building as well, exterior, some design items....we priced it originally at 1,300 targeting segments of higher disposable income, expats or locals who work for tech/banks since it's close to the centre of both industries.
All you can really do is compare what else in on the market in area. Sure there are many apartments priced at 1300 here for Barcelona https://www.fotocasa.es/es/alquiler/...0,0&gridType=3 but there are also many that have been reduced recently and others have 2/3 beds, so no idea. Even many expats or locals working in banking /tech couldn't afford €1300 on their own, so it really is luxury sector you're looking at.