Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renting/Downloading Movies In Spain

Renting/Downloading Movies In Spain

Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Surfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant future
Default Renting/Downloading Movies In Spain

Hello,

After nearly 3 years of living in Spain, I am becoming quite fed up with the lack of options to watch new movies.

Netflix, Lovefilm and all the other online rental companies don't operate in Spain and as I live nowhere near a dvd shop, I'm struggling to get my film fix.

I have been renting films via Itunes, but I can only watch these on my laptop, rather than My big TV.

Anybody know if I'm missing a trick and there is a simple way of getting new movies in English?

S.B
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting/Downloading Movies In Spain

Can you connect your laptop to the TV ???
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:07 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

So far as I know Wuaki TV and YouZee are the resident competitors to Netflix within Spain. I don't know what their language translation is like though.

http://www.eu-startups.com/2012/06/r...rtup-wuaki-tv/

https://youzee.com/en/
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Surfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant futureSurfin Bird has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Can you connect your laptop to the TV ???
Yes I can, but the movies are distorted and out of sync, not sure if it's because my tv is big, netbook is small or if iTunes have made it so you have to watch them on the device you downloaded them.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
So far as I know Wuaki TV and YouZee are the resident competitors to Netflix within Spain. I don't know what their language translation is like though.

http://www.eu-startups.com/2012/06/r...rtup-wuaki-tv/

https://youzee.com/en/
Thanks, I will check them out now.......
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Surfin Bird
Thanks, I will check them out now.......
I've got a smartTV hooked up to 20Megs of internet.

Can get all kinds of films and series on pay as you go through the Samsung apps
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
I've got a smartTV hooked up to 20Megs of internet.

Can get all kinds of films and series on pay as you go through the Samsung apps
Those new Samsung smart tvs are awesome!

I've got a 50 inch Samsung flat screen, but it's about 10 years old and is not a smart tv and so I can't download apps.

But, in case I ever upgrade, what kind of apps can you use for films in Spain? I thought there were problems with content outside the UK?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Those new Samsung smart tvs are awesome!

I've got a 50 inch Samsung flat screen, but it's about 10 years old and is not a smart tv and so I can't download apps.

But, in case I ever upgrade, what kind of apps can you use for films in Spain? I thought there were problems with content outside the UK?
The apps for Samsung TVs are specific to the Samsung app store.

I cant remember the names (I dont want to look at the TV as OH is watching it in other room), but it came pre-loaded with 2 video streaming apps for Spain. I had a browse around, all the info was in Spanish but I didnt create an account to download. And I dont know if there are language options.

I've also heard Netflix is coming to Spain sometime this year

Best thing imo is YouTube, you can watch high quality YouTube videos, so was watching an old Jimi Hendrix concert for example and the quality is amazing.

There is also a Pocoyo app with 40 episodes on which keeps the little one happy.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

After nearly 3 years of living in Spain, I am becoming quite fed up with the lack of options to watch new movies.

Netflix, Lovefilm and all the other online rental companies don't operate in Spain and as I live nowhere near a dvd shop, I'm struggling to get my film fix.

I have been renting films via Itunes, but I can only watch these on my laptop, rather than My big TV.

Anybody know if I'm missing a trick and there is a simple way of getting new movies in English?

S.B
You can access netflix USA if you use a proxy server, the catalogue of content is far broader the the UK site.

http://www.filmon.com/#LIVE is not a bad site, both free and paid for content, free gives you access to some but not all the UK freeview channels and some films/shows.

In my UK home I've pc base units hooked up to flat screen TV's in the four bedrooms which access the home wireless network and net, so I can pick a film from my main library of about 1500 films/programmes or surf while in bed.

Downloading is easy enough if you have a good download limit, I'm now on an unlimited 80mbs fibre connection so downloading is a breeze.

www.isohunt.com is not bad, you will need to install a download manager such as
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

http://stagevu.com/videos is not bad, a bit hit and miss regarding available titles but worth checking on a regular basis and requires no download manager, an excellent site for classic films and shows plus films those that are two or three years old.

Youtube are allowing more full length films there, and these can easily be downloaded by a download 'add on' available for Firefox and Chrome.

The only thing stopping you watching films in Spain is download allowance and speed.

My main TV is a 60" Sony, not a bad picture and that has full internet access too. I'm sat up in bed now, typing this

Last edited by bob_bob; Jun 26th 2012 at 1:04 am.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bob_bob

My main TV is a 60" Sony, not a bad picture and that has full internet access too. I'm sat up in bed now, typing this
You have a 60 inch TV in your bedroom?

Are you single?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

"My main TV is a 60" Sony", as in lounge area, I use 42" in the bedrooms and a 32" in the Kitchen. All with full net and home server access, a very good system.

Not single either and have wonderful children and grandchildren although due to circumstances in place for the next few months we are apart except for weekends. Even after thirty years of marriage the bedroom TV is never used when she is home

Last edited by bob_bob; Jun 26th 2012 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"My main TV is a 60" Sony", as in lounge area, I use 42" in the bedrooms and a 32" in the Kitchen. All with full net and home server access, a very good system.
I was told that anything over 32 inches would look terribly vulgar

I negotiated up to a 37 inch
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cricketman
I was told that anything over 32 inches would look terribly vulgar

I negotiated up to a 37 inch
Depends on the home I suspect, my place started off as a Farmhouse in the 18th Century, was added to in the 19th and early 20th century so my 'lounge' was a milking shed/dairy at one time but is now a @ 35' X 15' room, ideal for the bigger screen, anything under 50" would be lost. I don't allow a TV in the library although I have a rather good sound system in there.

I've given serious though to an HD projector and the loft as home theatre, need to think this one through more.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Depends on the home I suspect, my place started off as a Farmhouse in the 18th Century, was added to in the 19th and early 20th century so my 'lounge' was a milking shed/dairy at one time but is now a @ 35' X 15' room, ideal for the bigger screen, anything under 50" would be lost. I don't allow a TV in the library although I have a rather good sound system in there.

I've given serious though to an HD projector and the loft as home theatre, need to think this one through more.
Actually my living room is over 50 square meters which would make it something like 40 foot by 16 foot

We've just moved into a new place and had to get a new TV because we couldnt see anything across the room on the 26 inch
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Viewing films online

I use both www.filmin.es and www.cineclick.com - spanish sites but the first one in particular has a fair few films in original language.

Edited to add: should have ready more closely, you want them on TV not PC. Sorry

Last edited by rachelk; Jun 26th 2012 at 5:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.