Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renting, doctors & N.I.E number.

Renting, doctors & N.I.E number.

Old Jun 22nd 2016, 11:30 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting, doctors & N.I.E number.

Originally Posted by DeepSix
is it legal or not? ( seems like its a grey area - Unknown, as Constitution recognises freedom of education, but national education law stipulates that compulsory education must be met through school attendance.)

And does that only apply to permanent residents or tourists?

Because.. i am not a permanent resident.. i'm a tourist.. :-)

thats the beauty of being a Perpetual Tourist :-)

Bit like Germany.. where homeschooling IS illegal.. but not for us.. we are visitors

because we dont have a lifestyle that is the norm.. we legally fall through some of the cracks
After 90 days you are obliged to sign on the list of foreigners - in effect, you then become resident.

I admire people like yourselves who want to move around and see the world, I just wonder about your children who are having to follow your lifestyle choices and not theirs. Also, someone has to pay for you - why should that be us other tax payers?
Old Jun 24th 2016, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snikpoh
After 90 days you are obliged to sign on the list of foreigners - in effect, you then become resident.

I admire people like yourselves who want to move around and see the world, I just wonder about your children who are having to follow your lifestyle choices and not theirs. Also, someone has to pay for you - why should that be us other tax payers?

well.. our children always have to follow our lifestyle choices by definition .. be that seeing the world.. or staying put

I'm not sure if staying in place for 90 days makes you a resident?
I always follow the money .. and if they dont think they can take yours until 183 days.. and you haven't put down roots etc.. i suspect i might be able to argue i am not a resident.. and of course.. i can just ... leave :-)

I dont pay taxes as i dont stay in a country long enough to mandate it :-)
I'm a tourist... i pay tourist taxes if applicable.. dont see why i should pay anything else.... no one would be happy to have to be lumped with income tax on their holidays .. why am i different?
No one else pays for me.. I do ... thats the point...

and hey.. this is available to anyone who want to do it... its a choice... mine it to travel.. others are to stay.. they all have financial implications

Last edited by DeepSix; Jun 24th 2016 at 12:31 am.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:36 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeepSix
well.. our children always have to follow our lifestyle choices by definition .. be that seeing the world.. or staying put

I'm not sure if staying in place for 90 days makes you a resident?
I always follow the money .. and if they dont think they can take yours until 183 days.. and you haven't put down roots etc.. i suspect i might be able to argue i am not a resident.. and of course.. i can just ... leave :-)

I dont pay taxes as i dont stay in a country long enough to mandate it :-)
I'm a tourist... i pay tourist taxes if applicable.. dont see why i should pay anything else.... no one would be happy to have to be lumped with income tax on their holidays .. why am i different?
No one else pays for me.. I do ... thats the point...

and hey.. this is available to anyone who want to do it... its a choice... mine it to travel.. others are to stay.. they all have financial implications

You are talking about TAX resident, I am talking about domicilie.

Do you own a vehicle? Where do you pay road tax etc.?

What health insurance do you have - I guess it must be an international one?
Old Jun 25th 2016, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snikpoh
You are talking about TAX resident, I am talking about domicilie.

Do you own a vehicle? Where do you pay road tax etc.?

What health insurance do you have - I guess it must be an international one?
yes... i am talking about tax resident ... Its usually the one that has teeth It can be argued that you are still a tourist, albeit a slow moving one, if you dont trigger tax requirements.

No.. i dont own a car .. always rent..
and yes we have international health insurance ..