Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rental wanted - Moraria - October

Rental wanted - Moraria - October

Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of
Default Rental wanted - Moraria - October

Hi there,
I recently popped over to Javea for the weekend to suss it out and decided I liked the area.
I particularly liked Moraira and I think the family will too so I have booked some flights out for us all, (myself, wife, 2 yr old daughter and my mother) on the 4th to the 7th of October.

If anyone has an apartment/house to let in the centre of Moraira on these dates for reasonable money (I've seen some expensive ones that are for a week minimum) I would be most grateful.

My email is [email protected]. (Please remove the underscore no spam bit, I put that in to confuse the spiders.)

Its easier to click on your username ;-)) jdr (mod)

Or if anyone has any other suggestions then let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Last edited by jdr; Aug 18th 2007 at 9:05 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:53 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental wanted - Moraria - October

Originally Posted by Splatt
Hi there,
I recently popped over to Javea for the weekend to suss it out and decided I liked the area.
I particularly liked Moraira and I think the family will too so I have booked some flights out for us all, (myself, wife, 2 yr old daughter and my mother) on the 4th to the 7th of October.

If anyone has an apartment/house to let in the centre of Moraira on these dates for reasonable money (I've seen some expensive ones that are for a week minimum) I would be most grateful.

My email is [email protected]. (Please remove the underscore no spam bit, I put that in to confuse the spiders.)

Or if anyone has any other suggestions then let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Steven
Hi Steven,

Have a browse on the website below. It's a home owners renting out directly and the name of the website says it all. Even if the rentals are weekly, you can always email the owners and ask if they'd be willing to rent it out for the days you are interested in. Moraira is pretty empty in October.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/moraira.htm

If you are looking to buy in Moraira, and that is why you will be coming out, you should know that although Moraira is a beautiful town and very busy in summertime, it is a ghost town in the winter. Most everything is closed except for a few cafes and a couple of Supermarkets. Javea is a much safer bet

Best of luck,
Martha
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Ah, I'm not used to the forum am I!

Thanks for that link Martha, I am currently pursuing a few of the properties on there which seem considerably cheaper than I have seen so far.

When I was in Moraira in July chatting to a few expats I did ask the question about how busy the place was out of season and they said it was OK. Quiet but plenty of locals.
To be honest it seemed really quiet to me in July. I think we'll get out there for the weekend and see what it's really like.

Would I be correct in thinking that the expat enclaves are located a little further inland, like Benissa or Benitachell, and the sea front properties are all holiday lets?

Thanks!

Ste
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

At least you saved yourself getting spammed, a lot don`t
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:30 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that link Martha, I am currently pursuing a few of the properties on there which seem considerably cheaper than I have seen so far.

When I was in Moraira in July chatting to a few expats I did ask the question about how busy the place was out of season and they said it was OK. Quiet but plenty of locals.
To be honest it seemed really quiet to me in July. I think we'll get out there for the weekend and see what it's really like.

Would I be correct in thinking that the expat enclaves are located a little further inland, like Benissa or Benitachell, and the sea front properties are all holiday lets?

Thanks!

Ste
Glad I could help a little

The expat enclaves are not restricted to inland areas, just that there seem to be more expats living permanently in Javea, Benissa, Calpe, Albir, etc., in comparison to Moraira....and although there are expats who live there all year round, it is just so deadly quiet in the winter.