Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rental deposit scheme?

Rental deposit scheme?

Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:34 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rental deposit scheme?

recored your apartment day you get the keys and again day you leve ... ... what phones for ......
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
recored your apartment day you get the keys and again day you leve ... ... what phones for ......
Good idea j but would it sway the agent ? mmmmmm maybe.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Good idea j but would it sway the agent ? mmmmmm maybe.
I'm not sure it would be possible to photograph everything that might constitute a need for extra cleaning ...
For example, one landlord said the flat needed cleaning as we hadn't cleaned UNDER the fridge ... I would never have thought to check that the floor under the fridge/freezer was dust-free when we moved in!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

I said in my experience thats all !

Originally Posted by jdr
Oh yes they are
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

markus_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snikpoh
As a landlord, why not simply go to a reputable agency/owner - ask to see his tax bill to prove he's legit. If he won't then he probably not legit nor honourable.

A deposit scheme does exist (so I am told) but I haven't looked into it myself.

Legally speaking, using the deposit to pay the last months rent, is not allowed. However, everyone does it I'm sure - it just leaves the problem that if there are damages or outstanding bills, the landlord has no 'finance'.

(Ignoring the legal aspect) where bills are on top of the rent, why not agree to take these out of the finance?
...no word from the lawyer.....

Having being a landlord in the past, I don't think it's 'fair' to use the deposit as rent at the end of the tenancy. I genuinely believe that the interests of both parties should be balanced.

I have intention of doing this providing I have a fair chance of recovering my deposit - assuming I deserve to of course! However, from the stories I've read in forums such as this I completely understand why people use their deposit to pay the rent. And this is why I don't want my deposit to be in the landlord's bank account. If it's in his account he can take the mick, he can just keep it. However, if it's in a thid party account he HAS to negotiate to get any of the deposit. Yes, I might still have to concede to an unreasonable deduction but at least I will get some money back - and everyone knows nobody is going to take it t court.

I'll post again if I receive something useful from the lawyer.