Reload this Page >

Rental costs in Palma de Mallorca

Rental costs in Palma de Mallorca

Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

bangkokbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental costs in Palma de Mallorca

Hello
Does anyone know how much a 2 bed smallish apartment in Palma might cost? It would be for long term rental of approx 12 months as I have a job offer there.
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental costs in Palma de Mallorca

Originally Posted by bangkokbaby
Hello
Does anyone know how much a 2 bed smallish apartment in Palma might cost? It would be for long term rental of approx 12 months as I have a job offer there.
Thanks in advance
Try www.kyero.com

or just put what you want in Google, there will be plenty of agents happy to rent to you, and you cn then see the prices.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:54 am
Just Joined

ANDY HINTON is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Thanks in advance
ite really depends on where in palma you want to go old town or new sections. I live on the island and know people who could help if you wish.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:55 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANDY HINTON
ite really depends on where in palma you want to go old town or new sections. I live on the island and know people who could help if you wish.
Do you not answer your e-mails any more?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

bangkokbaby is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advice so far. I have tried searching on google but most flats seem to be holiday lets. I just need an approx price of a small 2 bed apartment. I have been offered a job in Mallorca but basically need to know is Euro 26,000 is enough to live on. (I won't be doing it to get rich but to have a better quality of life!)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the advice so far. I have tried searching on google but most flats seem to be holiday lets. I just need an approx price of a small 2 bed apartment. I have been offered a job in Mallorca but basically need to know is Euro 26,000 is enough to live on. (I won't be doing it to get rich but to have a better quality of life!)
KYERO

http://www.kyero.com/browse/mallorca...v55563slt1srt4
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

whaddyawant is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 3 bed 80m flat near the Paseo and beach and cathdral in Mallorca and I pay 650per month. I live in a spanish neighbourhood and my landlady is Mallorcan and very nice. If you go to the predominantly expat areas you will pay a lot more for rent. The average price will be upwards of 1000€ per month. My flat is also furnished completely. You will more than likely have to use an Inmobillaria (real estate agent) and its better to use a spanish one than english or german as you will pay a lot more.

You will have to pay one month´s real estate commission, and probably 2 months deposit and then the first month´s rent.

You can try segundamano. It is a website that sells stuff. You have to select piso (flat) and then se alquiler (rental) and the listings with photos will appear. If they have an (e) it means inmobillaria.

I found it very difficult to find a decent place here without a real estate agent and if you are interested I can give you the name of the one I used. He is my landlady´s husband and one of the nicest men you will meet. He knows the best places to look and he will show them to you.

Most of the rentals are through inmobillaria and it is difficult to find flats without them. I did see one 3 bed flat, 120M with views for 720€ and it was a direct rental from the owner. They are there but not easy to find.

Now is the most expensive time to find a place to rent as it is coming into peak season.

Good luck!!!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:53 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whaddyawant
You will have to pay one month´s real estate commission, and probably 2 months deposit and then the first month´s rent.
crikey, they at least wear a mask when they ask for that no?

Last edited by zel; Apr 28th 2008 at 7:59 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

always cheaper to go direct "NOT".The agent always over charge at least we leave your trousers in place.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

BlackpoolRockSeller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ANDY HINTON
always cheaper to go direct "NOT".The agent always over charge at least we leave your trousers in place.
Hello there. I am a new subscriber so apologies if I am stepping on anyone's toes with this post, but...........
I will be travelling to Mallorca in the next three to four weeks to look at a business in Cala Bona.
Can anyone tell me how easy or otherwise, it is to source long term rentals on the Island. I don't want to be in the position of owning a business and having no accomadation during the tourist season.
Are long term (annual) rentals available and where is the best place to look for them?
Many thanks for any help!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:58 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

www.kyero.com as sayed befor are http://mallorca.loquo.com/
but dont hand any money over befor seen any think
thee is few scamers there on 2nd forum

look in the local papers there aswell google them
pm few here and thay many help try get few loacl papers web site to morr for you
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:11 am
Just Joined

BlackpoolRockSeller is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for that Jurdyr - I owe you a bar of rock!

I cannot pm anyone yet as I have less than three posts - this is my second!

Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:07 am
Just Joined

local papers are a good start but be very careful the only up side of using an agent is that if it all goes wrong then at least they will back you up and help rather than leaving you high and dry when some thing breaks down.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

skism is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, We are moving to the Island in september 2009 and wondered if anyone new of a nice 2 or 3 bed apartment to rent for 9 months. Our budget is about 600 euro a month. My wife will be working it Palma but we are willing to live upto 25 mins away by car or train.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whaddyawant
I

Good luck!!!
That's extortionate, we have a couple of companies round here that ask for a months deposit, a month in advance and a month as commission, but we have just ignored them, most round here, no matter what nationality, ask for one month in advance and one month deposit, they just make a managment charge to the owner to get their money.