Reload this Page >

Rental contract for Empadronamiento and TIE

Rental contract for Empadronamiento and TIE

Old Oct 25th 2020, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

hedley_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental contract for Empadronamiento and TIE

Hi,

I arrived in Granada 3 weeks ago and just found a place to live. The landlord sent me a contract: Contrato de arrendamien to de temporada de habitation en vivenda amueblada. Is this kind of a contract ok to obtain an empadronamiento and to prove my residence in Granada for the TIE? Does the rental contract have to be at least x amount of months? Are there any other documents in need for my empadronamiento except passport?

Thanks in advance!

Old Oct 25th 2020, 5:51 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental contract for Empadronamiento and TIE

Probably not.

That is a holiday rental agreement (temporary) and not one stating you intend staying here.

You need a permanent one stating that it's to be your "vivienda habitual"
Old Oct 25th 2020, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Rules vary widely among different towns and municipalities. Some accept short holiday lets, others only long-term let or lease. Just ask at the town hall (if your Spanish is up to it), or consult a local gestor.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

What about the form 790 for the NIE payment? Why do I have to have it stamped by a bank? I was going to do the transaction online until I read this. I want to pay the fee from my borderless account and show them a receipt. Will this suffice?

Cheers
Old Oct 26th 2020, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

I was confusing the NIE with the padron! All I want to know is, do I need the NIE to apply for the TIE? Or just the padron?
Old Oct 26th 2020, 12:19 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedley_01
I was confusing the NIE with the padron! All I want to know is, do I need the NIE to apply for the TIE? Or just the padron?
You shouldn't need an NIE as one will be issued with the TIE. However, I have heard that some town halls require an NIE (and even in some places a TIE) to get the padron.

Confusing, isn't it?

Best to ask the extranjeria yourself.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

In Malaga province, you need NIE in order to apply for TIE (residency permit). They used to issue NIE at the same time as residency document, but they have stopped doing it for Britons who hope to benefit from withdrawal agreement.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, sure is! I will get my landlord to call tomorrow.

Someone also informed me that it is possible here in Granada to get the Padron on a short rental contract but it does not suffice to process for the TIE.

Is a rental contract needed for the TIE application? I was under the impression that I only needed the Padron as this is already proof of address.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Again!
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joppa
In Malaga province, you need NIE in order to apply for TIE (residency permit). They used to issue NIE at the same time as residency document, but they have stopped doing it for Britons who hope to benefit from withdrawal agreement.
Well shucks!!
Old Oct 26th 2020, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hedley_01
Is a rental contract needed for the TIE application? I was under the impression that I only needed the Padron as this is already proof of address.. Any thoughts?
I can only speak about Malaga Province, but rental contract isn't required for TIE, but you still need to show evidence of your address. Padron will meet this requirement, but if the municipality you live in insists on one, you still have to get a lease document.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is...You can´t ask anyone unless you have an appointment. And appointments are often non-existant.And you can´t make an appointment to ask a question.
You cant phone them either...all you get is a recorded message.
The whole process has been a disaster.
Not to mention the driving licence issue.......