Rental

Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

pennywhistle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental

Hi everyone
First visit to the Spanish forum!
If appropriate, may I ask that if you know of someone who has a fairly modern, fully furnished 2-B/R property with a garden and/or outside space available for about a 6 month period to make contact with me please. Possibly from about March/April onwards.
Many thanks.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:57 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennywhistle
Hi everyone
First visit to the Spanish forum!
If appropriate, may I ask that if you know of someone who has a fairly modern, fully furnished 2-B/R property with a garden and/or outside space available for about a 6 month period to make contact with me please. Possibly from about March/April onwards.
Many thanks.
Welcome.

Where are you looking in Spain?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for the kind words of welcome.

We are very flexible as to location, I do not really know much about Spain except that I thought the northern part (Green Coast) and around Gijon and Santander itself were very pretty and, I think, quite different from the Med. side of the country. My neighbour has a place on a 'summer village' near Alicante which, from all accounts, does not sound like the type of place we would be happy to be in for an extended period. So, basically I suppose we would like somewhere with a community that is fairly stable, and not too isolated. We can always iron out the basics as we have some time to look around so will welcome any responses and advice as to where two mature but active dears will find a welcoming community.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:27 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennywhistle
Thanks very much for the kind words of welcome.

We are very flexible as to location, I do not really know much about Spain except that I thought the northern part (Green Coast) and around Gijon and Santander itself were very pretty and, I think, quite different from the Med. side of the country. My neighbour has a place on a 'summer village' near Alicante which, from all accounts, does not sound like the type of place we would be happy to be in for an extended period. So, basically I suppose we would like somewhere with a community that is fairly stable, and not too isolated. We can always iron out the basics as we have some time to look around so will welcome any responses and advice as to where two mature but active dears will find a welcoming community.
Hi. I know a little about Santander (especially the Comillas side) and it is definitely very pretty as you say. There is a great combination of sea, rolling countryside and nearby mountains, and in the villages it feels like 50 years ago - you can leave your door unlocked and the village will keep an "eye"out for you! The major problem though is that you don't get many English speakers settling there, so if you're not fluent in Spanish you may find it difficult to communicate with your neighbours.

It may be worth approaching people who let their property out for the summer season - they could well be interested in lower rates if you want to rent for a longer period.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:53 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a nice vid of the scenic places in and around Cantabria.

The next door province Asturias is even more mountainous!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Wow, stunning pics., thanks for that.