British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Rent a Workshop (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/rent-workshop-850314/)

Durie Jan 8th 2015 3:17 pm

Rent a Workshop

Hi Guys

This is my second question as to relocating to Ayamonte Costa Esuri area or Isla Canela hoping we can get some advice and info.

As we are planning to relocate to the area we would be bring along our business from the UK and would require the possible rent of a workshop 500 to 1,000 SQU feet with power and water. looking for information on renting a workshop or business unit what the availability. Better still a property to buy with land or out buildings would be more suitable.

Any pointers would be great

Thanks

George

Luz liver Jan 8th 2015 4:39 pm

Re: Rent a Workshop

If you can tell us what type of business that would help. i.e. do you need parking, people passing etc.

Durie Jan 8th 2015 8:52 pm

Hi Luz

Its a digital fabrication business parking would good but its not in retail so no need for passing trade. Double doors as wood is involed like playwood and MDF sheets.

Most of the product is ordered online and manufactured in the workshop hope it helps

George

MikeJ Jan 9th 2015 8:41 am

There are a lot of small industrial units of varying sizes on the Poligrono (outskirts of Ayamonte alongside the Motorway). At least two Brit businesses are there already. Unfortunately I have no idea who you would approach for further information, although a number of the units do appear empty. You could try a commercial estate agency in Ayamonte.

Likewise there is a light industry area in Ayamonte itself - between the road to Isla Canella from Ayamonte and the river. There are a number of units many of which are currently garages and vehicle sales etc. Again, a quick call to a comercila estate agency would tell you if there are any available and indicative costs.

Luz liver Jan 9th 2015 9:38 am

In my opinion (as somebody with an existing business in Ayamonte) local knowledge is key, this sort of thing can often be a word of mouth situation. Either you know someone with property to rent or you know someone who knows someone. If you are new to the area I think you will have to use an agent. They should take their commission from the other side, so are strictly speaking working for the seller/renter, however, you are the vital ingredient, without you there will be no sale/rental. So a savvy agent looks after the buyer/renter more than the seller/landlord.
With no connections, other than having done business a couple of times in eleven years here, I would recommend Lola at Inmobara. She knows everyone, she's been straightforward with me, she listens to what you want (rather than showing what she has). But she doesn't speak English. PM me if you want any more info'.

The Pope Jan 9th 2015 11:22 am

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 11527197)
There are a lot of small industrial units of varying sizes on the Poligrono (outskirts of Ayamonte alongside the Motorway). At least two Brit businesses are there already. Unfortunately I have no idea who you would approach for further information, although a number of the units do appear empty. You could try a commercial estate agency in Ayamonte.

Likewise there is a light industry area in Ayamonte itself - between the road to Isla Canella from Ayamonte and the river. There are a number of units many of which are currently garages and vehicle sales etc. Again, a quick call to a comercila estate agency would tell you if there are any available and indicative costs.

We used to have a large warehouse on the industrial estate. 400 SQM - We paid 250 PCM plus Bills.