Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rent-To-Buy in Spain... Experience or Opinion

Rent-To-Buy in Spain... Experience or Opinion

Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent-To-Buy in Spain... Experience or Opinion

Originally Posted by JLFS
Everything is agreed on day 1, the length of time for the rental period, the price of the property, the depositamount, the monthly rent, and the percentage of rent that comes of the asking price when the deal goes through.
In which case it's as big a (potentially bigger) risk as investing on the stock market. And as they say, the value of shares may fall as well as rise.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:44 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rent-To-Buy in Spain... Experience or Opinion

Originally Posted by fionamw
In which case it's as big a (potentially bigger) risk as investing on the stock market. And as they say, the value of shares may fall as well as rise.
Well that sums it up!! Risky as hell for me

Whilst I can see the merit in "try before you buy" it seems a potentially costly 'trial'. I would NOT risk giving the seller a hefty deposit when I could rent the house (or nearby similar) without the risk until I know I want to live in that area - just stick the money in the E.R.N.I.E. !! (or other low risk plan / long term savings)...

Unless, of course I (or you) the buyer is already very very very convinced this house will be 'the dream home' and you are sure Spain is for you and so don;t want to lose the opportunity?

Anyways... if/when the Euro falls things will change surely - I cannot even begin to understand that economic nightmare!