British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Renovations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/renovations-915852/)

ann2663 Aug 8th 2018 9:19 pm

Renovations

We have just purchased a property in Los Alcazares and are looking on Leroy merlin site to order goods for when we next visit. Can anyone tell me what their delivery service is like? Are we better collecting from store and can items that are not stocked be delivered to their store instead of home delivery.

Johncarzx Aug 9th 2018 8:27 am

Re: Renovations

Maybe best send them an email and ask.

ann2663 Aug 9th 2018 8:33 am

I have done but they have not replied. I will call them

mikelincs Aug 9th 2018 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ann2663 (Post 12545276)
We have just purchased a property in Los Alcazares and are looking on Leroy merlin site to order goods for when we next visit. Can anyone tell me what their delivery service is like? Are we better collecting from store and can items that are not stocked be delivered to their store instead of home delivery.

Have you got all the permissions to do what you want, from the urbanisation (if the property is on one) and from the local town hall, you need permission to do just about anything to a property.

missile Aug 9th 2018 10:21 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12545526)
Have you got all the permissions to do what you want, from the urbanisation (if the property is on one) and from the local town hall, you need permission to do just about anything to a property.

Not for an internal revamp replacing like for like.

mikelincs Aug 9th 2018 10:23 am

Originally Posted by missile (Post 12545529)

But the OP doesn't state what they are doing, so I just felt that a word of warning was appropriate.

Johncarzx Aug 9th 2018 11:06 am

The OP should not need permissions from the urbanisation or local town hall to buy things at Leroy merlin or how they are delivered.

missile Aug 9th 2018 11:28 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12545530)
But the OP doesn't state what they are doing, so I just felt that a word of warning was appropriate.

looking on Leroy merlin site to order goods
You cannot order a swimming pool or a home extension for delivery by Leroy Melvin.

Rosemary Aug 9th 2018 11:38 am

Originally Posted by missile (Post 12545529)

In my area you need a licence for these types of reforms.

Rosemary

missile Aug 9th 2018 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 12545580)
In my area you need a licence for these types of reforms.

Rosemary

Where are you? Local town halls can make up strange local rules. Can you point to the regulation which states that you require a licence to replace fittings like for like?

I am sure this is not a requirement in Los Alcazeras. I have a friend who regularly refurbs kitchen and bathroom in this local and he is not aware of any such regulations.

If OP is in any doubt, he should check with his local town hall, where no doubt they will be happy to sell him a license to breathe.

ann2663 Aug 9th 2018 2:20 pm

Our architect is getting all permissions etc